As drivers , motor vehicle driver , car driver the person (is driver ) indicates that a motor vehicle (eg, car , truck or bus leads) or deflected. In Switzerland, the terms motorist and car drivers used. A driver who drives a passenger car is colloquially referred to as a motorist . In addition to Automobilist, the Germanized form Autler was also used at the beginning of the 20th century , but is no longer used.
The driver comes into contact with the laws governing road traffic in an inconsistent manner. In Germany, for example, these are the StVG , StVO , StVZO and FeV . In Austria it is the KFG , the FSG and the StVO . Motor vehicle driver i. S. d. § 18 StVG is who drives the vehicle and has actual control over the wheel. Motor vehicle driver is someone who drives a motor vehicle under his own responsibility, d. H. performs essential operations that are necessary so that the intended driving forces of the motor vehicle to move can act on the same z. B. coupling, steering, braking, accelerating, starting, releasing the handbrake. Drivers who are employed by a haulage company earn money driving trucks.
Usually, as a driver you need a driving license ( driving license , driving license ) and a driver's license ( driver's license ), which requires prior training and examination as well as driving aptitude to drive (colloquially "steering") vehicles on public traffic .
Until 2018, Saudi Arabia was the only country in the world where only men were allowed to drive motor vehicles like cars. Until 2018, the ban was broken by a few women. At the end of 2014, the Saudi Arabian government announced that it would allow women aged 30 and over to drive a motor vehicle alone in future. Permission was then given to women in 2018.
- Long-distance drivers (freight transport by road)
- Kradmelder (military)
- Professional driver (term used in Germany and Austria )
- Vehicle driver (any vehicles)
- Der GI Kraftfahrer , magazine
- Hentschel , König, duration: road traffic law , § 21 StVG Rn. 10 with further references, CH Beck, 38th edition
- Saudi Arabia issues first driving licenses to 10 women. In: Fox News. June 4, 2018, accessed June 4, 2018 .
- Yassin Musharbash: Breaking a taboo at the wheel: Saudi women defend themselves against the car ban. In: Spiegel Online . June 17, 2011, accessed December 31, 2016 .
- Short-News: Saudi Arabia, women may soon be able to legally drive cars
- Gernot Kramper: Saudi Arabia: Women are finally allowed to drive - but only without make-up. In: stern.de . November 10, 2014, accessed December 31, 2016 .
- Saudi Arabia's ban on women driving officially ends. June 24, 2018, accessed June 24, 2018 .