Cultural property of national importance
Cultural national importance is called the monument immovable, movable, and intangible cultural heritage , which at the level of the entire state under the protection of cultural stands. The term is intended to distinguish from “lower-ranking” designations of regional significance or the legislation of individual states or other administrative units. International importance is to be seen as even more important , for example registers of international organizations such as UNESCO (UNO), in the sense of a supranational common heritage of all humanity.
The concept of the national monument in the sense of a building as a place of remembrance for the idea of the nation itself is to be delimited - but certainly included in it.
In a broader sense, the expression can also encompass the entirety of the cultural heritage of a state, as is an issue in the discussion and international law regulation of the fight against illegal trade in cultural goods as well as the restitution of looted art .
International protection categories and programs on national cultural property
- Intangible Cultural Heritage (Intangible cultural heritage) - lists (the international selection, the National UNESCO Committee Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity )
List of national protection categories of national importance
- Argentina: Monumento Nacional
- Chile: Monumento Nacional
- China (People's Republic): 全國 重點 文物Quánguó zhòngdiǎn wénwù , see German national cultural monument
- Germany: National cultural monument (a category of the federal level, § 6 Abs. 1 KGSG), see cultural property protection law
- Estonia: Kultuurimälestis (Kultuurimälestiste riiklik register) , see German national cultural monument
- Honduras: Monumento Nacional Histórico
- France: Monument nationaux , generally outstanding architectural monuments, see Center des monuments nationaux
- Italy: Monumento nazionale
- Ireland: National Monument
- Japan: 国宝 保存 法 Kokuhō (“national treasure”) and 重要 文化 財 Jūyō bunkazai (“important cultural asset”), see Cultural Property Protection Act
- Luxembourg - general monuments, see Service des sites et monuments nationaux
- Namibia: National Heritage , see German National Heritage
- Austria - no special category, monument protection is in principle federal level, see Monument Protection Act
- Portugal: Monumento Nacional
- Switzerland: cultural property of national importance (A objects)
- Singapore: National Monument
- Spain: Monumento Nacional , a protection category abolished in 1985, today Bien de Interés Cultural
- Czech Republic: Národní kulturní památka , see German national cultural monument
- Uruguay: Monumento Histórico Nacional
- Venezuela: Monumento Histórico Nacional
- United States: National Monument
- Marc Weber: Inalienable cultural asset in national and international legal transactions. Series of publications on cultural property protection / cultural property studies . New edition Verlag Walter de Gruyter, 2015, ISBN 9783110864700 .