La Paloma (Rocha)
La Paloma on the map of Uruguay
|City Presidency||Jose Luis Olivera Vigliola (since 2015)|
La Paloma is a city in southeastern Uruguay .
It is located in the area of the Rocha department in its sector 10 southeast of the department capital Rocha on the Atlantic coast at Cape Santa María ( Cabo Santa María ). In front of the coast are the Isla Espinosa, which is connected to the cape by a sandbank and surrounded by rocks, Isla La Tuna and Isla Paloma , which in turn reaches over a 150 meter long shoal to Isla La Tuna. In the north, La Aguada y Costa Azul borders on La Paloma on the coastal section there, and the Laguna de Rocha extends a few kilometers to the west . It is 238 km to the state capital Montevideo .
On November 8, 1939, Law No. 9,888 classified La Paloma in the " pueblo " category.
At the 2011 census, La Paloma had 3,495 inhabitants, of whom 1,722 were male and 1,773 female.
Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay
Mayor ( Alcalde ) of La Paloma has been Jose Luis Olivera Vigliola since 2015 . The predecessor was Alcides Perdomo .
- City map of La Paloma (PDF; 182 kB)
- Puerto de La Paloma. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on March 15, 2013 ; Retrieved February 22, 2012 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Statistical data from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay , accessed on September 23, 2012
- Statistical data of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 1963–1996 (DOC; 37 kB)
- Statistical data from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 2004 as XLS file
- linkedin.com/ - Jose Luis Olivera Vigliola ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed July 7, 2017
- "MUNICIPIOS DE URUGUAY" on the website of the Uruguayan Congress of Directors ( Memento of March 8, 2012 in the Internet Archive )