Lionel Wordsworth Hinxman
He studied at Cheltenham College and Christ's College , Cambridge , where he received his BA in 1877. In 1883 he became an assistant geologist, in 1900 geologist and from 1905 to 1919 he was District Geologist at the Geological Survey of Scotland, where he published with others in 1917 The Economic Geology of the Central Coalfield of Scotland .
He was an honorary member of the Royal Physical Society and since 1902 a member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh .
- The geology of Lower Strathspey. (Explanation sheet 85.), Edinburgh: Her Majesty's Stationery Officer (HMSF): J. Hedderwick & Sons, 1902
- The geology of Mid-Strathspey and Strathdearn, including the country between Kingussie and Grantown: (explanation of Sheet 74), Edinburgh: HMSF: Morrison & Gibb, 1915
- The geology of Corrour and the moor of Rannoch (Explanation of sheet 54), Edinburgh: HMSO, 1913
- The geology of central Ross-shire. (Explanation of sheet 82), Edinborogh: HMSF: Morrison & Gibb, 1915
- Lionel Wordsworth Hinxman CV at the British Geological Survey
- http://openlibrary.org/b/OL20453015M/The_Economic_Geology_of_the_Central_Coalfield_of_Scotland_Description_of_ ...
|SURNAME||Hinxman, Lionel Wordsworth|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Scottish geologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 21, 1855|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dunmore , Stirlingshire , Scotland|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 29, 1936|