Michael Rüsenberg (* 1948 in Essen ) is a German music journalist , author and sound artist .
Live and act
Rüsenberg completed a commercial apprenticeship and has lived in Cologne since 1969 , where he graduated from high school in order to then study theater, film and television studies as well as sociology and philosophy. He is the co-author of three social science studies on concert audiences of different genres in the 1970s and 1980s.
Rüsenberg has been active as a journalist since 1970, initially for Club 17 of the Kölnische Rundschau . Then he wrote for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung and Süddeutsche Zeitung as well as currently for the Frankfurter Rundschau . He has been active in radio since 1973; mainly on WDR 3 and moderated programs such as In Between on WDR 2 and Jazzcity on WDR 5 . In addition, he also worked as a television journalist at times; For the documentary film Schöne Poesie ist Krampf im Klassekampf, Essener Songtage 1968 received the Adolf Grimme Prize with silver in 1989 (together with Joachim Rüsenberg ). Together with Christian Wagner he produced the Albert Mangelsdorff role (a four and a half hour documentary that ran in 2000 at the Rockpalast ).
Since 1991 Rüsenberg has also been involved in sound art as a composer and radio play author . In his works, he assumes original sounds, which he condenses through montage. For example, for Peter Hölscher's [orange] scape, he developed a Maghrebinia soundscape composed of sounds from the Maghreb .
Rüsenberg received the WDR-Jazzpreis 2015 in the category “Ehrenpreis” “for an outstanding journalistic life's work”.
- Michael Rüsenberg / Hans Ulrich Werner: Lisboa - a soundscape portrait ZwergProductions, 1994
- Michael Rüsenberg / Hans Ulrich Werner, Francisco López, Pedro Elias: Madrid - a soundscape collective ZwergProductions, 1995
- Michael Rüsenberg La Palma - a soundscape excursion ZwergProductions, 1997
- Michael Rüsenberg Roma - a soundscape remix noteworks , 1998
- Michael Rüsenberg Cologne Bridge Symphony noteworks, 1999
- Norbert Stein : PataMaroc Patamusic, 1999
- Michael Rüsenberg: essen.momente RealAmbient, 2002
- Michael Rüsenberg: La Défense - stage urbain RealAmbient, 2003
- Rainer Dollase, Michael Rüsenberg, Hans J. Stollenwerk: Rock People or The Fischer scene questioned , Frankfurt am Main 1974
- Rainer Dollase, Michael Rüsenberg, Hans J. Stollenwerk: The jazz audience. On the social psychology of a cultural minority Schott, Mainz 1978
- Rainer Dollase, Michael Rüsenberg, Hans J. Stollenwerk: Demoskopie in the Schott concert hall , Mainz 1986
- Michael Rüsenberg Please speak after the whistle! A telephone directory from Klein + Blechinger, Cologne, 1990
- Volker Bernius and Michael Rüsenberg (eds.) Symphony of Life: Accompanying band for the Funkkolleg Musik. Schott, Mainz, 2011
- ↑ http://www.radiojunkie.de/wdr2.html Program scheme of WDR 2
- ↑ WDR cancels Jazzcity without replacement Neue Musikzeitung, cf. also the documentation in archived copy ( Memento from March 14, 2018 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ See Hans-Jürgen von Osterhausen: The Albert Mangelsdorff role. An extraordinary film , in: Jazz Podium 11/2000, p. 34
- ↑ See the overview on www.realambient.de
- ↑ Description [orange] scape (fruit label)
- ↑ JazzZeitung editorial staff: WDR Jazz Prize 2015 for Tobias Wember, Nicolas Simion, Michael Rüsenberg and the Curuba Jazz Orchestra. jazzzeitung.de , November 15, 2014, accessed on November 15, 2014 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German music journalist and sound artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|