|origin||Moscow , Russia|
|Genre (s)||Progressive metal|
|Andrey Nova (since 2000)|
|Konstantin Ganulich (since 2004)|
|Stanislav Kulikov (since 2005)|
|Konstantin Sdobnov (since 2006)|
|Alexander Merenkov (since 2010)|
|Oleg Izotov (2003 to 2005)|
|Dmitriy Selipanov (2003 to 2004)|
|Andrey Novikov (2005)|
|Dmitriy Khromov (2005 to 2006)|
|Alexey Chekalin (2006 to 2007)|
|Artyom Kleymyonov (2007 to 2009)|
|Aleksey Skovoronskiy (2009 to 2010)|
The band was formed in 2000 by singer Andrey Nova after the first song Freedom of a Closed Space was recorded. This song was released in 2002 on the compilation coronach II Tunes of Dusk of Coronach Records . In February 2003 the band had their first big gig at InProg, a festival in Moscow. In August 2004, the recording of the first demo The Art of Nova was finished, so it was released shortly afterwards.
In early 2005 work began on the debut album The Art of Nova . The album contained new songs, as well as remixed versions of songs from the demo of the same name. The album was mastered in the Apocrif Studio . Guitarist Oleg Izotov and drummer Dmitriy Selipanov left the band. Stas Kulikov joined the cast as the new drummer. The post of guitarist and keyboardist changed several times. The album was released on October 7, 2005 at Valiant Music Productions . In the same month a small tour followed, with the band playing in Moscow, Ryazan and Odintsovo together with bands like Forgive-Me-Not , Ens Cogitans and Everlost .
On October 1, 2006, the band played at ProgPower Europe in the Netherlands , the band being the first Russian group at this annual festival. In 2007, work began on the second album, Follow Yourself . The recordings took place from January to April 2008 in the KohlKeller Studio in Germany , in the DeadSoul Temple in Austria , in the recording studios of Asta la Vista Records , as well as in the Russian and Nova Art Studios. The album was released worldwide on May 4th, 2009 via the Italian label My Kingdom Music and on March 19th for Russia via the Russian label Soyuz Music .
- The Art Of Nova (Demo, 2004, self-published)
- The Art Of Nova (album, 2005, Valiant Music Productions )
- Follow Yourself (album, 2009, My Kingdom Music (worldwide), Soyuz Music (Russia))
- The 3rd Step (EP, 2011, self-published)
- NOVA ART :: History ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed June 17, 2012.
- Elke Huber: NOVA ART - Follow Yourself , accessed on June 17, 2012.