Otto Abel (composer)
Otto Abel (born October 24, 1905 in Berlin , † September 21, 1977 in Tettnang , Baden-Württemberg ) was a German organist , cantor, composer, publisher and Evangelical regional church music director .
Abel was from 1930 to 1970 cantor and organist at the Immanuel Church in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg , from 1959 also regional church music director for the eastern region of the Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg and since 1956 church music editor at the Protestant publishing house in Berlin (East).
Abel composed several hymns and works for the organ.
He died on a trip in Tettnang.
- Les Anges dans nos campagnes (text / translation from French) ( EG 54, hymn book of the Evangelical Reformed Churches in German-speaking Switzerland 418)
- Surrounded by good powers loyally and quietly (melody and sentence 1959, text by Dietrich Bonhoeffer 1944) ( EG 65, hymn book of the Evangelical Reformed Churches in German-speaking Switzerland 353, Catholic hymn book of German-speaking Switzerland 554)
- O Savior, tear open the heavens ; Small Advent cantata for soprano three-part mixed choir with flute, oboe and organ with violoncello ad libitum; published by the Evangelische Verlagsanstalt in Berlin; 1956
- Be praise and honor to the highest good; Cantata for mixed choir, string quartet and organ; published by the Evangelische Verlagsanstalt in Berlin; 1957
- My god, my god, why did you leave me ?; Motet for three-part mixed choir
- I lift up my eyes; Text: Psalm 121: 1-3,8; for four-part mixed choir
- Otto Abel: O Savior, tear open the heavens! Small advent cantata. January 1, 1956, accessed March 31, 2017 .
- Otto Abel: Be praise and honor to the highest good: cantata for mixed choir, string quartet and organ; EKG 233 January 1, 1957, accessed March 31, 2017 .
- Otto Abel: My God, my God, why did you leave me? Motet; (Psalm 22, 2, 8, 9, 18, 19, 20). January 1, 1981, accessed March 31, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German organist and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 24, 1905|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 21, 1977|
|Place of death||Tettnang , Baden-Württemberg|