(July 17, 2019)
|operating system||platform independent|
Master data management
management Content management system
Customer experience management
Digital asset management
|License||GPL ( Free Software )|
Pimcore is operated in the web browser and is based on the PHP programming language and the MySQL / MariaDB database system. It consists of a modular software architecture that uses leading development frameworks such as the Symfony project and the package management system Composer based on a "best-of-breed" approach. The architecture uses the conventions of object-oriented software development, taking into account the MVC design pattern (Model View Controller).
Pimcore follows the guidelines and definitions of the PHP Framework Interop Group (PSR 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7). The company has been a member of this PHP standardization committee since August 2016.
Since its initial release in 2010, Pimcore has taken a fully API-based approach. All functionalities can be addressed by a PHP and a REST API. This enables simple connection to any existing third-party systems, such as SAP , Navision , Salesforce or Oracle . The core of Pimcore can be expanded with third-party components and plugins.
Pimcore has a management interface to configure the system and manage data. The user interface is based on the Sencha Ext-JS -6 development framework.
Pimcore's product portfolio consists of free open source software solutions for multi-domain master data management and solutions for cross-channel digital commerce and content management. The software platform includes functionalities for product information management (PIM), web content management (CMS), digital asset management (DAM) and e-commerce and is available free of charge under the open source GPLv3 license and the proprietary PEL license (Pimcore Enterprise license) available. Pimcore is now (May 2016) used more than 80,000 times worldwide in 174 different countries and has been translated into 20 different languages.
Master data management (MDM) / product information management (PIM)
Pimcore's MDM / PIM functionalities deal with the life cycle of a company's master and product data. The focus is on the consolidation of data, the creation of a central data repository and issues of data quality management. Pimcore enables the configuration of any complex data models and the merging of data for companies from different industries and with different business models. Pimcore contains more than 40 data components and is compatible with classification systems such as eCl @ ss and GS1 . With Pimcore, both content and structures, versions, descriptions and translations can be managed centrally.
Web content management
Pimcore's CMS functionalities are based on the media-neutral management of data and the support of the single-source and multi-channel publishing principle. Pimcore can therefore be used to create and manage cross-media and cross-channel content that can be consumed on digital devices (desktop, mobile, tablet) as well as offline at the POS and in print.
Digital asset management
Pimcore's DAM functionalities include the central management, classification and conversion of digital media in all formats and sizes. The objective is the simplified management of media and the delivery of the correct media in the appropriate formats to the respective output channels.
The Pimcore e-commerce framework is a component-based development framework for the rapid development of flexible B2B and B2C e-commerce applications.
Customer Data Framework
The Customer Data Framework from Pimcore is a component-based development framework to quickly develop applications for customer data management, customer data segmentation, personalization and marketing automation.
The Pimcore platform combines PIM, CMS, DAM and e-commerce in a single open source application and thus positions itself as a system solution for the consolidation of IT landscapes. In this sense, Pimcore is an advocate for integrated system solutions rather than the best-of-breed approach .
Pimcore is a web application and requires a compatible HTTP server and an SQL database. Pimcore has the following system requirements:
- nginx or Apache v2.2 + with mod_rewrite
- MySQL v5.5.3 + or MariaDB
- PHP 7.1+ with FPM / FastCGI or mod_php
Awards, reviews and articles
- 3 popular Zend Framework based CMS systems (April 29, 2010)
- Pimcore article in PHPmagazine (October 06, 2010)
- Interview with the Pimcore developers and Dr. OpenCandy Apps (October 29, 2010)
- Winner of the "Most Promising Open Source Project 2010" (November 15, 2010)
- Pimcore article in the largest German-language PHP blog "PHP Gangsta" (December 23, 2010)
- CMS quick vote onentwickler.de: Pimcore finished second.
- Pimcore wins the Constantinus Award (July 2012)
- Pimcore wins the Austrian State Multimedia and E-Business Prize 2013
- Article in the German PHP magazine 2/2014: Individual and customizable websites with pimcore 2.0 (May 2014)
- Pimcore 3.0 released with a rewritten core
- 15 leading product information management systems (February 2015)
- Pimcore wins the Frost & Sullivan Content Management Systems Technology Innovation Award 2016 (May 2016)
- Pimcore is an official member of the PHP Framework Interoperability Group (August 2016)
- Pimcore wins CMS Critic Award in the category "Best Enterprise CMS" (November 2017)
- Pimcore listed as "Cool Vendor" by Gartner (May 2018)
- Get on board and download Pimcore! · Pimcore / pimcore. In: pimcore.com. Retrieved June 10, 2019 .
- Pimcore translation project. October 28, 2017. Retrieved October 28, 2017 .
- Pimcore software requirements. In: Pimcore. October 3, 2017. Retrieved October 3, 2017 .
- 3 3 popular Zend Framework based CMS systems. In: Hotscripts.com. April 29, 2010, accessed February 3, 2011 .
- pimcore: Zend-based content management framework. In : entwickler.de. October 28, 2010, accessed August 17, 2016 .
- Interview with Dietmar of pimcore, Most Promising Open Source Project Finalist. In: OpenCandy. October 29, 2010, archived from the original on November 3, 2010 ; accessed on August 17, 2016 .
- Pimcore Wins the 2010 Most Promising Open Source Project Award. In: Packtpub.com. August 9, 2010, archived from the original on November 17, 2010 ; Retrieved July 18, 2016 .
- Pimcore - Interesting OpenSource CMS. In: Phpgangsta.de. January 28, 2011, accessed February 3, 2011 .
- CMS poll: Pimcore places second in Germany. In : entwickler.de. March 2, 2012, accessed August 17, 2016 .
- pimcore winning the Constantinus Award. In: Constantinus.net. July 28, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012 .
- Pimcore wins the Austrian State Multimedia and E-Business Prize 2013. In: BUNDESMINISTERIUM für WIRTSCHAFT, FAMILIE and YOUTH. March 7, 2012, archived from the original on March 10, 2013 ; accessed on August 17, 2016 .
- Individual and customizable websites with pimcore 2.0. In : entwickler.de. May 21, 2014, accessed August 17, 2016 .
- Pimcore 3.0 released with a rewritten core. In : entwickler.de. January 19, 2015, accessed August 17, 2016 .
- 15 Leading Product Information Management (PIM) Software Solutions for Retailers. In: CPC Strategy. February 9, 2015, accessed August 17, 2016 .
- Pimcore winning the Frost & Sullivan Content Management Systems Technology Innovation Award 2016. In: Pimcore.org. May 13, 2016, accessed June 16, 2016 .
- Pimcore is a voting member of the PHP Framework Interoperability Group. (No longer available online.) In: PHP Framework Interoperability Group. August 3, 2016, archived from the original on August 8, 2016 ; Retrieved August 3, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- CMS Critic Award 2017: Best Enterprise Content Management System. In: Pimcore.com. November 7, 2017, accessed July 31, 2018 .
- Pimcore listed by Gartner as a "Cool Vendor". In: Pimcore.com. May 18, 2018, accessed July 31, 2018 .