1954 doctorate Göb at the jurisprudential faculty of the University of Cologne with the work "The influence of the Bonn Basic Law on the design of the internal municipal constitution" to Dr. jur. From 1960 to 1965 he acted as general manager of the German Municipal Association , then he held the position of department head (ministerial director) in the Federal Ministry of the Interior until 1969, before he became federal manager of the CDU in 1970/71 . The father of four children, who lives in Rheinbach, taught at the University of Cologne as an honorary professor . In 1989 Rüdiger Göb was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit, 1st Class. As an author, editor and editor, he has also contributed to numerous publications.
Alderman of the City of Cologne
Rüdiger Göb was the city councilor for urban development and statistics from December 1, 1975 to October 31, 1987, and was responsible for the realignment of Cologne's urban development. During this time, he presented a long-term overall concept that for the first time combined expansion and renewal plans with the requirements of urban design, renovation of the old housing stock and the planning of green, open space and traffic areas. In an obituary he was certified as "nationwide pioneering work". In Göb, the Cologne planning department was given independent representation by an alderman for the first time at the same time as the extensive urban expansion under the Cologne Act 1975. The plans that were initiated under him, as “members of the renewal”, had an impact on state and federal politics. During his tenure, for example, the redesign of the former Gereon freight station ( Mediapark ) or the Sassenhof (Hotel Maritim) on Deutzer Brücke, as well as urban renewal plans for the districts of Ehrenfeld , Kalk , Mülheim and Sülz , were initiated.
- The family's obituary, accessed on February 5, 2015
- notice of the City of Cologne, accessed on February 7, 2015
- Press release of the City of Cologne on the death of Rüdiger Göb from January 30, 2015, accessed on February 4, 2015.
- Who is who? The German Who's Who. Regional edition North Rhine-Westphalia. Regional band from the XXXVI. Edition, Schmidt-Römhild, Lübeck 1997, ISBN 3-7950-2023-9 , p. 180.
- Rüdiger Göb. In: Kürschners Deutscher Gelehrten-Kalender 2003. Bio-bibliographical directory of German-speaking scientists of the present, 19th edition, Volume IA – J, KG Saur Verlag , Munich 2003, ISBN 3-598-23607-7 , p. 974.
- Bundesanzeiger , vol. 41, number 92 of May 19, 1989, p. 2453.
- Klaus Uhlig: The continued design of Cologne. Two decades of urban development and planning from 1870 to 1990. In: Heribert Hall (arr.): Cologne – seine buildings 1928–1988. Published by AIV Cologne in cooperation with the Cologne University of Applied Sciences, JP Bachem Verlag, Cologne 1991, ISBN 3-7616-1074-2 , pp. 136–150, here pp. 138 f.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, alderman and politician (CDU)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 16, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 21, 2015|