The year 2015 in Europe was marked by a refugee crisis and terrorist attacks in Paris on “Charlie Hebdo” in January and in several places in November . Germany was shaped by the Germanwings crash in the French Alps and the VW emissions scandal . In Austria , 2015 was also marked by the rampage in Graz and the refugee tragedy near Parndorf . In addition, the Paris Agreement , which was to determine climate policy in the coming years, was passed.
|Millions of refugees are hoping for a safer or better life in a country of the European Union and thus pose great challenges for the host EU states.|
On April 25, 2015, several thousand people died in an earthquake in Nepal with a magnitude of 7.8.
|2015 in other calendars|
|From urbe condita||2768|
|- era||4711-4712 or
|- 60 year cycle|
- CCXXIII CCXXIV
|- Vikram Sambat||2071-2072|
|- Shaka Samvat||1937-1938|
|- Nengō (era):||Heisei 27|
|- Dangun era||4348|
|- Juche era||104|
|Thai solar calendar||2558|
Politics and world events
- January 1st: Latvia takes over the EU Council Presidency until June 30th.
- January 1: Lithuania joins the euro area as the 19th member
- January 1: Under the name Resolute Support , a “follow-up mission ” to the previous 13-year ISAF combat mission begins, in which 13,500 soldiers from several countries are to train and advise the Afghan security forces.
- January 1: Serbia takes over the Presidency of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- January 1: Justice Minister Simonetta Sommaruga takes office as Federal President of Switzerland .
- January 14th: Giorgio Napolitano , the eleventh President of Italy , resigns from his post at the age of 89. Sergio Mattarella is elected as his successor and sworn in on February 3rd.
- January 25: Early parliamentary elections in Greece
- January 26: Liberation of the city of Kobanê by Kurdish units in the fight against IS terrorists
- 6-8 February: 51st Munich Security Conference
- February 15: State election in Hamburg 2015
- 18. – 19. February: 18th European Police Congress in Berlin
- March 17th: Early parliamentary elections in Israel
- May 7th: British general election
- May 10th: General election in Bremen
- June 7th: Parliamentary election in Turkey
- 7th / 8th June: G7 summit at Schloss Elmau (Garmisch-Partenkirchen district) in Germany. One agrees u. a. on the decarbonization of the global economy in the 21st century.
- July 1: Luxembourg will take over the EU Council Presidency until December 31, 2015 .
- July 19: The Alliance for Progress and Awakening (ALFA) is founded in Kassel .
- July 21: The Federal Constitutional Court determines that the childcare allowance is formally illegal .
- July 24th: Turkey flies air strikes against IS positions for the first time , but also attacks positions of the PKK , whereupon the PKK declares the ceasefire of March 2013 to be invalid.
- Increasing from August: As a reaction to the growing refugee crisis in Europe , there are more and more arson attacks or other violent protests against the admission of refugees in Germany, for example during multi-day xenophobic riots in Heidenau in Saxony in August.
- August / September: Massive forest fires in Indonesia lead to a smog crisis (haze) that kills around 100,000 people in Southeast Asia due to air pollution .
- August 27: A truck carrying 71 dead refugees is discovered near the Austrian municipality of Parndorf .
- August 31st: Angela Merkel's sentence We can do it attracts worldwide attention in connection with refugee policy.
- September 18: The emissions scandal is exposed.
- September 20: Another early parliamentary election in Greece
- October 3: The bombing of a clinic in the Afghan city of Kunduz by United States forces kills at least 30 people and arouses long-term harsh international criticism.
- October 6: The Safe Harbor framework is the European Court of Justice declared for privacy reasons invalid.
- October 17: Henriette Reker , who was elected the new mayor of Cologne the next day , is assassinated and seriously injured.
- November 1st: Early parliamentary elections in Turkey
- November 7: For the first time since 1949, the presidents of China and Taiwan meet on neutral ground in Singapore.
- November 11th: In implementation of a decision made by the EU Foreign Ministers in 2012, the EU Commission decides that fruit, vegetables and cosmetics from Israeli settlements in areas occupied by Israel must be labeled as such in future .
- November 24: The launch of a Russian fighter jet of the type Sukhoi Su-24 by Turkey on the border area between Syria and Turkey, leading to a serious crisis in relations between Russia and Turkey .
- November 30 to December 12: UN climate conference in Le Bourget near Paris; the conference ends with the Paris Agreement signed by all 195 participating states .
- December 2: NATO invites the Republic of Montenegro as the 29th state to join the military alliance.
- December 4: A large majority of the members of the German Bundestag support a military deployment in Syria .
- December 12: In response to a serious constitutional crisis, demonstrations and protests by tens of thousands of people against the Polish government and in particular against the course taken by Polish President Andrzej Duda towards the Constitutional Court begin in Poland , which numerous European politicians and institutions join in the following weeks .
- December 31 / January 1, 2016: In Cologne and other German cities, sexual assaults and other criminal acts, especially against women, occur frequently on New Year's Eve due to a large number of predominantly Arabic-speaking men, according to previous information.
Terrorist attacks (selection)
- January 7th: Twelve people are killed in an attack on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris .
- January 7th: Hundreds of people are killed in a massacre by the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram in the Nigerian city of Baga .
- April 2: Almost 150 people are killed and numerous people injured in an attack on Garissa University College by the Islamist Al-Shabaab militia in Garissa, Kenya .
- June 26: A heavily armed attacker kills 38 people in the Tunisian seaside resort of Port El-Kantaoui north of Sousse.
- June 26: A suicide bomber sets an explosive device in a mosque in Kuwait City . 26 people die and 227 are injured.
- July 20: A suicide attack kills 32 people and injures more than 100 in the south-eastern Anatolian city of Suruç . In the days that followed, there were nationwide protests against the government in Turkey.
- October 10: At least 102 people die and more than 500 are injured in an attack in the Turkish capital Ankara .
- October 31: In the crash of an airplane of the Russian airline Kogalymavia over the Sinai Peninsula caused by explosives in the plane, all 224 people on board die.
- November 12: A bomb attack on a Shiite mosque in Beirut kills over 40 people and injures more than 200. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack.
- November 13: Several serious terrorist attacks occur simultaneously in Paris , killing 130 and injuring 352.
- November 20: A hostage-taking in a hotel in the Malian capital Bamako kills 20 or more people.
- December 2: 16 people including the two perpetrators died in an attack during a Christmas party in San Bernardino, California .
- December 27, 2014 to January 6: 63rd Four Hills Tournament
- January 4th : Gary Anderson wins the PDC World Darts Championship
- 9.-31. January: 16th Asian Football Championship in Australia
- 11 January to 1 February: 24th men's handball world championship in Qatar
- 15-25 January: 11th FIS Snowboard World Championship in Kreischberg , Austria
- January 17 to February 8: 30th African Football Championship in Equatorial Guinea
- January 19 to February 1: 103rd Australian Open
- February 1: Super Bowl XLIX in Glendale , Arizona
- 2nd-15th February: 43rd Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail / Beaver Creek , USA
- March 15 to November 29: 66th Formula 1 season
- March 16 to April 5: Marija Musytschuk becomes the new world chess champion at the women's world chess championship in the knockout system in Sochi .
- April 26th: FC Bayern Munich has again been confirmed ahead of schedule as the German soccer champion 2014/2015 and has achieved its 25th league title
- May 1st: 35th final of the women's DFB Cup in Cologne's Rheinenergiestadion
- 1st - 17th May: 79th Men's Ice Hockey World Championship in Prague and Ostrava, Czech Republic
- May 24th to June 7th: 114th French Open
- May 30th: VfL Wolfsburg wins the 72nd men's DFB Cup final against Borussia Dortmund in Berlin .
- June 2: A few days after Sepp Blatter was elected President of FIFA for the fifth time on May 29, immediately after new allegations of corruption against several FIFA officials became known , he announced his resignation from this post.
- June 6th: 23rd final of the UEFA Champions League between FC Barcelona and Juventus Turin in the Berlin Olympic Stadium
- June 6th to July 5th: 7th Women's World Cup in Canada
- June 29 to July 12: 129th Wimbledon Championships
- 4th - 26th July: 102nd Tour de France
- July 19 to August 2: 16th World Swimming Championships in Kazan , Russia
- July 27th to August 5th: 14th European Maccabi Games in Berlin
- August 14: The 53rd season of the Bundesliga begins.
- 22.-30. August: 15th World Athletics Championships in Beijing , China
- August 30th to September 6th: 40th World Rowing Championships on Lac d'Aiguebelette in France
- August 31 to September 13: 134th US Open
- September 18 to October 31: 8th Rugby Union World Cup in England
- October 10: German Bowl XXXVII in Berlin
- October 25: Lewis Hamilton is (prematurely) world champion in Formula 1 for the third time .
- October 31: The 2015 Rugby Union World Champion becomes the defending champion New Zealand for the third time .
- November 9th: Wolfgang Niersbach declares his resignation as President of the German Football Association .
- November 29th: After more than nine years, Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko loses his world heavyweight title after a defeat against Tyson Fury .
- November 29: In a referendum in Hamburg, the city's application to host the 2024 Summer Olympics is rejected by a majority.
Culture and society
- January 14th: Opening of the Philharmonie de Paris
- 5th - 15th February: 65th Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale)
- February 19: Chinese New Year , 羊 Year of the Wood Goat (乙未 yǐwèi 32)
- February 22nd: Academy Awards at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood , Los Angeles , USA
- 25./26. April: Baden-Württemberg Day in Bruchsal
- May 19, 21 and 23: 60th Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna , Austria
- 21.-24. May: 23rd Düsseldorf Jazz Rally in Düsseldorf
- May 22nd: The Republic of Ireland is the first country in the world to vote in a referendum with 62% in favor of same-sex marriage . On November 16, 2015, the corresponding law will come into force in implementation of the referendum.
- 29.-31. May: 19th Saxony-Anhalt Day in Köthen (Anhalt)
- May 29th to June 7th: 55th Hessentag in Hofgeismar
- 5th-7th June: Rock am Ring on the site of the former Bundeswehr airfield in Mendig
- June 17: Stefan Raab and ProSieben announce that Raab will end his TV career at the end of 2015.
- 19. – 21. June: Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel
- 25.-28. June: 32nd Rhineland-Palatinate Day in Ramstein-Miesenbach
- 25-28 June: 12th Fusion Festival in Lärz , MV
- June 26: The Supreme Court of the United States proclaimed by ruling the nationwide equality of same-sex partnerships in the US .
- 26.-28. June: 34th day of Lower Saxony in Hildesheim
- 26.-28. June: 15th Thuringian Day in Pößneck
- 2nd - 5th July: 25th TFF Rudolstadt in Rudolstadt
- 10-12 July: 24th International Samba Festival in Coburg
- July 10th to September 27th: 9th international exhibition for contemporary arts Dresden (Ostrale 015)
- 15-19 July: Breminale - open air cultural festival in Bremen
- 24.-26. July: The festival (open air music festival) in Karlsruhe
- 24.-26. July: 11th Tomorrowland in Boom , Belgium
- July 28th to August 8th: 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Kirara-hama, Yamaguchi , Japan
- July 30th to August 1st: Wacken Open Air in Wacken
- July 31 to August 2: 40th Bardentreffen (open-air music festival) in Nuremberg
- 5th-9th August: Gamescom in Cologne
- 21.-30. August: 293rd Rudolstadt bird shooting in Rudolstadt
- August 29: 11th Bundesvision Song Contest in Bremen
- 4th-6th September: 24th day of the Saxons in Wurzen
- September 19 to October 5: Oktoberfest in Munich
- December 9th: Angela Merkel is named Person of the Year by the US news magazine Time .
- December 16: The last issue of TV total is broadcast.
- December 20th: In a referendum in Slovenia, the already passed law on the introduction of same-sex marriages is rejected.
- January 7th: Orthodox Christmas
- April 5th: Easter
- April 12th: Orthodox Easter
- April 19 to June 24: Exhibition of the Turin Shroud
- May 4th: Vesakh
- May 14th: Ascension Day
- May 21: Orthodox Ascension Day
- May 23: Beatification of Óscar Romero by Pope Francis
- May 24th: Pentecost
- May 31: Orthodox Pentecost
- 3rd-7th June: 35th Evangelical Church Congress in Stuttgart
- June 18 to July 17: Ramadan
- September 13: Kumbh Mela in Nashik
- September 23: Yom Kippur
- September 24: Islamic Festival of Sacrifice
- October 4th: Pope Francis opens a three-week Synod of Bishops in the Vatican on the future family image of the Roman Catholic Church.
- November 11th: Diwali
- 7-14 December: Hanukkah
- December 8th: The Holy Year of Mercy of the Roman Catholic Church begins.
- January 1: In Germany , a nationwide general statutory minimum wage of € 8.50 gross per hour worked comes into force.
- January 15: The SNB surprisingly stops the minimum euro exchange rate. The euro depreciates sharply against the Swiss franc in a very short time.
- 16.-25. January: International Green Week Berlin
- 21.-24. January: World Economic Forum in Davos , Switzerland
- 16. – 20. March: CeBIT ; Information technology fair in Hanover
- March: The German company Coppenrath & Wiese is acquired by the German group Dr. August Oetker KG .
- April: The British company BG Group is taken over by the Dutch-British group Royal Dutch Shell .
- 13-17 April: Hanover Fair
- May 1 to October 31: World Expo 2015 in Milan , Italy
- June 7: With effect from July 1, 2015, John Cryan is appointed co-CEO of Deutsche Bank alongside Jürgen Fitschen ; Anshu Jain is stepping down effective June 30, 2015.
- July 12: During the Greek sovereign debt crisis , the heads of state and government of the euro zone agree on the framework for a third aid program. Greece is granted 7.16 billion euros from EFSM funds.
- 5th-9th August: Gamescom in Cologne
- 4-9 September: International radio exhibition in Berlin
- 17.-27. September: International Motor Show in Frankfurt am Main
- September 20: Volkswagen AG admits targeted manipulation of the emission test values of diesel vehicles in the USA. In the wake of this affair, Martin Winterkorn announced his resignation as CEO on September 23, 2015. His successor in this position will be the previous CEO of Porsche AG, Matthias Müller , on September 25, 2015 .
- October 12th: The company EMC is taken over by the Dell concern.
- October 13: The beverage manufacturer SABMiller is sold to the Anheuser-Busch InBev group.
- November 18: The Sigma-Aldrich Group is sold to Merck KGaA .
- November: The German company Metabo is sold to the Japanese company Hitachi Koki .
- December 13: full operation of the Vienna Central Station
- December 13: The commissioning of the new railway line Erfurt – Leipzig / Halle leads to considerable shortening of travel times in east-west long-distance traffic in Germany.
science and technology
- March 6: The NASA -Raumsonde Dawn reaches the dwarf planet Ceres .
- April 5: The Large Hadron Collider is put back into operation after over two years of renovation work and can now achieve a collision energy of 13 TeV .
- May 9: An Airbus A400M crashed on its first test flight
- June 23: With the start of sales of the Amazon Echo , smart speakers are offered in stores for the first time .
- July 14: The NASA -Raumsonde New Horizons passes Pluto .
- December 30th: The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry officially recognizes the elements with the ordinal numbers 113 , 115 , 117 and 118 and thus completes the seventh row of the periodic table . The elements were officially named in November 2016.
- The asteroid (357534) 2004 RO186 will approach Earth on January 26th to a distance of 1.2 million kilometers.
- Total solar eclipse of March 20, 2015 in the North Atlantic and partial solar eclipse throughout Europe
- Partial solar eclipse on September 13 ; visible in southern Africa, Madagascar to Antarctica
- September 14th: at 9:50 a.m. UTC , the gravitational waves generated by the merging of two black holes 1.3 billion light years away reach the earth and are registered by the two LIGO detectors, which is the first direct detection of gravitational waves
- Total lunar eclipse on September 28th
Weather and climate
The year 2015 was globally the warmest year since records began in 1880. The average temperature (over land and sea combined) was 0.90 degrees above the average of the 20th century (13.9 degrees Celsius), and 0.16 Degrees higher than 2014. It was the 39th year in a row that global temperatures were above average. Fifteen of the sixteen warmest years worldwide were in the 21st century. In Germany, 2015 was the second warmest year to date.
- The Ebola fever , which has been epidemic in West Africa since mid-2014 , has continued, but has been decreasing more and more since the middle of the year; assuming a high number of unreported cases, the death toll reached 11,315 by December 27, 2015.
- 14./15. March: One of the strongest cyclones ever measured causes severe damage in the Pacific island nation of Vanuatu .
- March 31st: Storm Niklas claims several lives in Germany and leads to numerous accidents and serious traffic impairments.
- April 25: A 7.8 magnitude earthquake and numerous aftershocks hit eight million people in Nepal ; more than 8600 people die.
- May / June: More than 2000 people die in a heat wave in India from dehydration and heat stroke; From mid-June, Pakistan will also be affected by extreme temperatures, killing more than 1,000 people.
- Since the end of June, large parts of Europe have been affected by an exceptionally long heat wave and z. Sometimes affected by extreme drought.
- End of August: At least 40 people are killed in North Korea in severe floods in the northeast of the country .
- September 16: A major 8.3 magnitude earthquake strikes the southern Pacific Ocean off the coast of Chile . It claims 20 lives and causes destruction.
- October 26: More than 350 people die and several thousand are injured in an earthquake in the Hindu Kush.
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in Taipei , 43 of the 58 people on board die. February 4: When a
- March 24th: In the deliberate crash of an Airbus A320 operated by Germanwings , all 150 people on board died in the Massif des Trois-Évêchés in the French Maritime Alps .
- fishing trawler sinks in the Sea of Okhotsk off the Russian Kamchatka Peninsula . April 1: More than 50 people die when a
- April 19: In a shipwreck off Lampedusa , around 675 people die when a refugee boat capsizes.
- Dong Fang Zhi Xing capsizes on the Yangtze River with 454 people on board ; 12 people survive. June 1: The river cruise ship
- Ghanaian capital Accra . June 4: At least 150 people are killed in the explosion of a gas station in the center of the
- June 20: During a rampage in downtown Graz , a man kills three people with his SUV and injures another 36 passers-by, some seriously.
- August 12: An explosion in the north-east Chinese metropolis of Tianjin causes severe damage. 173 people die and 797 are injured.
- August 16: When a Trigana Air Service plane crashes in the Indonesian province of Papua , all 54 people on board die.
- September 11: More than 100 people die and about 240 are injured when a crane falls on the Great Mosque in Mecca .
- September 24: More than 700 people are killed and more than 800 injured in a mass panic during this year's Hajj in Minā .
- October 23: 43 people die in a bus accident in the Gironde department in France .
- October 30: The fire in a night club in the Romanian capital Bucharest kills up to 60 people and injures more than 150. After massive protests by the population, the entire Romanian government resigns on November 4th .
- Juba Airport in South Sudan , an overloaded Antonov An-12BK had an accident ; at least 41 people die. A child on board the cargo plane survived. November 4: Immediately after taking off from
- November 14: In the railway accident at Eckwersheim a TGV during a test drive in Alsace , eleven people are killed and 42 are injured.
- December 20: On the edge of an industrial area in Shenzhen, China , the landslide of a waste dump buries 33 buildings. At least seven people are killed and 75 are missing.
- December 24th: Several people die in the explosion of a gas filling station in Nnewi ( Anambra ) in southern Nigeria .
- Physiology or Medicine : William C. Campbell and Satoshi Ōmura “for their discoveries regarding a novel therapy for infections caused by roundworms” and Tu Youyou “for their discoveries regarding a novel therapy for malaria”.
- Physics : Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald “for discovering neutrino oscillations that show that neutrinos have mass”.
- Chemistry : Tomas Lindahl , Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar “for mechanistic studies on DNA repair ”.
- Literature : Swetlana Alexijewitsch "for her polyphonic work that is a monument to the suffering and courage of our time".
- Peace : Tunisian Quartet du dialogue national "for its decisive contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia as a result of the Jasmine Revolution of 2011".
- Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize for Economics : Angus Deaton “for his analysis of consumption, poverty and the welfare state”.
- January 2nd : 100th anniversary of the death of French entrepreneur Armand Peugeot
- January 24th : 50th anniversary of Winston Churchill's death
- January 27 : 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz extermination camp
- February 15 : 50th anniversary of the world premiere of the opera The Soldiers by Bernd Alois Zimmermann
- March 12 : 650 years of the University of Vienna
- March 13 : 90th anniversary of the Butler Act , the law that banned evolutionary teaching in Tennessee and led to the Scopes Trial .
- March 24 : 250 years of the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna
- March 28 : 500th birthday of the Carmelite and mystic Teresa of Ávila
- April 1st : 200th birthday of the German politician Otto von Bismarck
- April 7th : 100th birthday of the American jazz singer Billie Holiday
- April 9th : 100th anniversary of the death of the German medical doctor, hygienist and bacteriologist Friedrich Loeffler
- April 15 : 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's death
- April 24 : 100th anniversary of the beginning of the Armenian genocide
- May 1st : 150 years of the Vienna Ringstrasse
- May 6 : 100th birthday of the American film director and actor Orson Welles
- May 29 : 150 years of the German Society for the Rescue of Shipwrecked People - The Sea Rescuers
- June 1st : 800th anniversary of the end of the siege of Beijing by the Mongols
- June 9th : 200 years ago the Congress of Vienna ended with the signing of the Congress Act
- June 15 : 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta
- June 18 : 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo
- June 20 : Together with World Refugee Day , Germany's first day of remembrance for the victims of flight and displacement takes place.
- June 20 : 100th anniversary of the death of the German entrepreneur and founder of AEG Emil Rathenau
- June 28th : 175th anniversary of the establishment of the "General German Kindergarten" by Friedrich Froebel in Blankenburg / Thuringia .
- July 6th : 600th anniversary of the death of the preacher and reformer Jan Hus
- July 12 : 300th anniversary of the beginning of the siege of Stralsund (end on December 23, 1715)
- July 26th : 200th birthday of the German doctor Robert Remak
- August 16 : 200th birthday of the founder of the Italian order and educator Johannes Bosco
- August 20 : 100th anniversary of the death of the German doctor Paul Ehrlich
- August 29 : Swedish actress Ingrid Bergman's 100th birthday
- September 1 : 300th anniversary of the death of the French King Louis XIV (Sun King)
- September 6 : 100th birthday of the German politician Franz Josef Strauss
- September 21 : 600th birthday of the German Emperor Friedrich III.
- October 1st : 2100th birthday of the Roman historian and politician Sallust
- October 3 : 25 years of German reunification
- October 4th : 500th birthday of the German painter Lucas Cranach the Younger
- October 15 : 100th anniversary of the death of the German biologist Theodor Boveri
- October 25 : 600th anniversary of the Battle of Azincourt (one of the greatest military victories of the English over the French during the Hundred Years War )
- November 6 : 200 years of the Vienna University of Technology
- December 8 : 200th birthday of the German painter Adolph von Menzel
- December 12th : American actor Frank Sinatra's 100th birthday
- December 13 : 100th birthday of the German actor Curd Jürgens
- December 19 : 100th birthday of the French chanson singer Édith Piaf
- December 19 : 100th anniversary of the death of the German doctor Alois Alzheimer
- Science Year 2015 - City of the Future
- International Year of Light and Light- Based Technologies ( UNESCO )
- United Nations International Year of Soils
- The goshawk ( Accipiter gentilis ) is bird of the year ( Naturschutzbund Deutschland NABU)
- The common devil's bite ( Succisa pratensis ) is Flower of the Year ( Nature and Plants Foundation )
- The field maple ( Acer campestre ) is tree of the year (Board of Trustees Tree of the Year)
- The cup coral ( Artomyces pyxidatus ) is mushroom of the year ( German Society for Mycology )
- The Red Ribbon ( Catocala nupta ) is Butterfly of the Year ( Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland Bund)
- The Huchen ( Hucho hucho ) is fish of the year ( Deutscher Angelfischerverband DAFV)
- The film Back to the Future II , released in 1989, is partly set in 2015.
For the detailed list of the deceased see Nekrolog 2015 .
- January 1 : Ulrich Beck , German sociologist (* 1944 )
- January 1 : Mario Cuomo , American politician (* 1932 )
- January 2 : Per-Olof Åstrand , Swedish physiologist and sports scientist (* 1922 )
- January 3 : Edward Brooke , American politician (* 1919 )
- January 4th : Pino Daniele , Italian singer and musician (* 1955 )
- January 7th : Tadeusz Konwicki , Polish writer and film director (* 1926 )
- January 7th : Bernard Maris , French economist and writer (* 1946 )
- January 7 : Jethro Pugh , American football player and entrepreneur (born 1944 )
- January 7th : Rod Taylor , Australian actor (born 1930 )
- January 7th : Georges Wolinski , French comic artist and cartoonist (* 1934 )
- January 10 : Junior Malanda , Belgian football player (* 1994 )
- January 10 : Francesco Rosi , Italian film director (* 1922 )
- January 11 : Jenő Buzánszky , Hungarian football player (* 1925 )
- January 11th : Anita Ekberg , Swedish actress (* 1931 )
- January 14 : Eckhard Müller-Mertens , German historian (* 1923 )
- January 19 : Kamlang-ek Arthit , Thai military and politician (* 1925 )
- January 19 : Ward Swingle , American musician and arranger (* 1927 )
- January 20 : Edgar Froese , German composer and musician (* 1944 )
- January 20 : Georg Lohmeier , German writer and playwright (* 1926 )
- January 23 : Abdullah ibn Abd al-Aziz , Saudi King (* 1924 )
- January 24th : Otto Carius , German officer (* 1922 )
- January 25 : Demis Roussos , Greek singer (* 1946 )
- January 27 : Charles Hard Townes , American physicist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1915 )
- January 28 : Yves Chauvin , French chemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1930 )
- January 29 : Will McBride , American photographer and painter (born 1931 )
- January 29 : Colleen McCullough , Australian writer (born 1937 )
- January 29th : Reiner Süß , German chamber singer and entertainer (* 1930 )
- January 30th : Carl Djerassi , Austrian-American chemist and writer (* 1923 )
- January 30th : Geraldine McEwan , British actress (born 1932 )
- January 30 : Schelju Shelev , Bulgarian politician and President (* 1935 )
- January 31 : Udo Lattek , German football player and coach (* 1935 )
- January 31 : Lizabeth Scott , American actress (born 1922 )
- January 31 : Richard von Weizsäcker , German politician and Federal President (* 1920 )
- February 1 : Martin Ťapák , Czech actor, director, screenwriter and choreographer (* 1926 )
- February 3 : Martin Gilbert , British historian (* 1936 )
- February 5 : Val Fitch , American physicist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1923 )
- February 6 : Peter Abraham , German writer (* 1936 )
- February 6 : André Brink , South African writer (* 1935 )
- February 6 : Assia Djebar , Algerian writer (* 1936 )
- February 7 : Jürgen Dietz , German Shrovetide Speaker (* 1941 )
- February 10 : Rolf Arland , German composer (* 1922 )
- February 10 : Karl Josef Becker , German Cardinal (* 1928 )
- February 11 : Roger Hanin , French actor and film director (* 1925 )
- February 12 : Steve Strange , British musician (* 1959 )
- February 14 : Michele Ferrero , Italian entrepreneur (* 1925 )
- February 14 : Louis Jourdan , French actor (* 1921 )
- February 16 : Lesley Gore , American singer (born 1946 )
- February 16 : Heinrich Windelen , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1921 )
- February 21 : Clark Terry , American jazz musician and composer (* 1920 )
- February 22nd : Konrad Toenz , Swiss radio journalist and television presenter (* 1939 )
- February 26 : Fritz J. Raddatz , German writer and critic (* 1931 )
- February 27 : Boris Nemtsov , Russian politician (* 1959 )
- February 27 : Leonard Nimoy , American actor and film director (* 1931 )
- February 27 : Anna Szatkowska , Polish writer and resistance fighter (* 1928 )
- February 28 : Braulio Castillo , Puerto Rican actor (* 1933 )
- February 28 : Yaşar Kemal , Kurdish-Turkish writer (* 1923 )
- March 1 : Orrin Keepnews , American music producer (born 1923 )
- March 1 : Christian Welp , German basketball player and coach (* 1964 )
- March 1 : Wolfram Wuttke , German football player (* 1961 )
- March 2 : Fred Düren , German actor (* 1928 )
- March 8 : Sam Simon , American television producer (* 1955 )
- March 9 : Peter Dannenberg , German music critic and artistic director (* 1930 )
- March 9 : Dick Irish , American racing driver (* 1930 )
- March 9 : Camille Muffat , French swimmer (* 1989 )
- March 9 : Frei Otto , German architect (* 1925 )
- March 9 : Rose-Marie Wörner , German landscape architect and garden monument curator (* 1927 )
- March 11 : Walter Burkert , German classical philologist and historian of religion (* 1931 )
- March 12 : Michael Graves , American architect and designer (* 1934 )
- March 12 : Terry Pratchett , British writer (* 1948 )
- March 13 : Jean-Louis Capette , French racing driver (* 1946 )
- March 14 : Valentin Rasputin , Russian writer and environmental activist (* 1937 )
- March 16 : Buddy Elias , Swiss actor and comedian (* 1925 )
- March 16 : Andy Fraser , British musician (* 1952 )
- March 16 : Johannes Gründel , German theologian and author (* 1929 )
- March 20 : Malcolm Fraser , Australian politician (* 1930 )
- March 21 : Hans Erni , Swiss visual artist (* 1909 )
- March 21 : Jørgen Ingmann , Danish musician (* 1925 )
- March 22nd : Horst Buhtz , German soccer player and coach (* 1923 )
- March 23 : Lee Kuan Yew , Singaporean politician and Prime Minister (* 1923 )
- March 26 : Friedrich L. Bauer , German computer scientist (* 1924 )
- March 26 : Karl Moik , Austrian TV presenter (* 1938 )
- March 26th : Tomas Tranströmer , Swedish poet and Nobel Prize winner (* 1931 )
- March 27 : Rik Battaglia , Italian actor (* 1927 )
- March 28 : Marie Laurent , French racing car driver (* 1944 )
- March 28 : Douglas Leedy , American composer, conductor, horn player, harpsichordist, singer and music teacher (* 1938 )
- March 30th : Helmut Dietl , German director and screenwriter (* 1944 )
- April 2 : Manoel de Oliveira , Portuguese film director and screenwriter (* 1908 )
- April 2 : Alberto Ricardo da Silva , East Timorese bishop (* 1943 )
- April 3 : Andrew Porter , British music critic and scholar (* 1928 )
- April 4 : Klaus Rifbjerg , Danish writer (* 1931 )
- April 10 : Judith Malina , American actress and director (* 1926 )
- April 13 : Eduardo Galeano , Uruguayan journalist and writer (* 1940 )
- April 13 : Günter Grass , German writer and Nobel Prize winner (* 1927 )
- April 14 : Klaus Bednarz , German journalist and moderator (* 1942 )
- April 14th : Percy Sledge , American soul and rhythm and blues singer (* 1940 )
- April 17 : Francis George , American Cardinal (* 1937 )
- April 18 : Erwin Waldner , German soccer player (* 1933 )
- April 20 : Werner Zimmer , German sports journalist and presenter (* 1936 )
- April 21 : Werner Leismann , German singer (* 1936 )
- April 22nd : Lois Lilienstein , American-Canadian actress, singer and pianist (* 1934 )
- April 24 : Władysław Bartoszewski , Polish publicist and politician (* 1922 )
- April 26 : Wolfgang Sauer , German singer and musician (* 1928 )
- April 27 : Andrew Lesnie , Australian cameraman (* 1956 )
- April 30 : Ben E. King , American singer (born 1938 )
- May 1 : Geoff Duke , British motorcycle racer (* 1923 )
- May 1st : Lucía Huergo , Cuban composer, music producer, arranger and multi-instrumentalist (* 1951 )
- May 2 : Michael Blake , American writer (* 1945 )
- May 2 : Clarice Carson , Canadian singer (born 1929 )
- May 2 : Maja Plissezkaja , Soviet prima ballerina (* 1925 )
- May 2 : Ruth Rendell , British writer (* 1930 )
- May 3 : Ben Aronov , American jazz pianist (* 1932 )
- May 5 : Juan Nova Ramírez , Dominican sports reporter and broadcaster (* in the 20th century)
- May 9 : Kenan Evren , Turkish military and politician (* 1917 )
- May 9 : Odo Marquard , German philosopher (* 1928 )
- May 12 : Peter Gay , American historian and author (* 1923 )
- May 13 : Gunter Berger , German actor (* 1943 )
- May 14 : Roy Etzel , German trumpeter and band leader (* 1925 )
- May 14 : BB King , American blues guitarist and singer (* 1925 )
- May 15 : Willy Hagara , Austrian pop singer and actor (* 1927 )
- May 19 : Jack Heywood Aspinwall , British politician (born 1933 )
- May 19 : Gerald Götting , German politician in the GDR (* 1923 )
- May 20 : Manfred Müller , German bishop (* 1926 )
- May 23 : Anne Meara , American actress and comedian (* 1929 )
- May 23 : John Forbes Nash , American mathematician and Nobel Prize winner (* 1928 )
- May 24th : Tanith Lee , British writer (* 1947 )
- May 25 : Mary Ellen Mark , American photographer (* 1940 )
- May 26 : Vicente Aranda , Spanish film director (* 1926 )
- May 27 : Elisabeth Wiedemann , German actress (* 1926 )
- May 28 : Hans Bender , German writer and editor (* 1919 )
- May 29 : Doris Hart , American tennis player (* 1925 )
- May 29 : Walter Mossmann , German songwriter and activist (* 1941 )
- May 29 : Käthe Recheis , Austrian writer and translator (* 1928 )
- May 30 : Alfred Neven DuMont , German publisher (* 1927 )
- June 1 : Charles Kennedy , British politician (* 1959 )
- June 2 : Fernando de Araújo , East Timorese politician (* 1963 )
- June 2 : Irwin Rose , American biochemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1926 )
- June 3 : Horst Brandstätter , German entrepreneur (* 1933 )
- June 4 : Edith Hancke , German actress (* 1928 )
- June 4 : Arno Klönne , German sociologist, political scientist and author (* 1931 )
- June 4th : Albert West , Dutch pop singer and music producer (* 1949 )
- June 4 : Hermann Zapf , German typographer and type designer (* 1918 )
- June 5 : Tariq Aziz , Iraqi politician (* 1936 )
- June 6 : Pierre Brice , French actor (born 1929 )
- June 7 : Roger Asmussen , German politician (* 1936 )
- June 7 : Christopher Lee , British actor and singer (born 1922 )
- June 9 : James Last , German bandleader (* 1929 )
- June 10 : Wolfgang Jeschke , German writer and editor (* 1936 )
- June 11 : Ornette Coleman , American jazz musician and composer (* 1930 )
- June 12 : Peter Boerner , German-American literary scholar and Goethe researcher (* 1926 )
- June 14 : Zito , Brazilian soccer player (* 1932 )
- June 15 : Kirk Kerkorian , American entrepreneur (* 1917 )
- June 15 : Harry Rowohlt , German writer and translator (* 1945 )
- June 17th : Ron Clarke , Australian athlete (born 1937 )
- June 17 : Süleyman Demirel , Turkish politician and President (* 1924 )
- June 19 : Bernhard Jagoda , German federal civil servant and politician (* 1940 )
- June 19 : Richard Meier , German lawyer (* 1928 )
- June 21 : Alexander Schalck-Golodkowski , German politician and GDR economic functionary (* 1932 )
- June 21 : Gunther Schuller , American musician and composer (* 1925 )
- June 22nd : Laura Antonelli , Italian actress (* 1941 )
- June 22nd : James Horner , American film composer (* 1953 )
- June 22nd : Gabriele Wohmann , German writer (* 1932 )
- June 23 : Helmuth Lohner , Austrian actor and director (* 1933 )
- June 23 : Eduard Lohse , German bishop and council chairman (* 1924 )
- June 25 : Patrick Macnee , British-American actor (born 1922 )
- June 26 : Yevgeny Primakov , Russian politician (* 1929 )
- June 27 : Gerd Bacher , Austrian journalist and artistic director (* 1925 )
- June 28 : Jack Carter , American actor and comedian (born 1922 )
- June 29 : Josef Masopust , Czechoslovak football player and coach (* 1931 )
- Beginning July : Utta Danella , German writer (* 1920 )
- July 1 : Nicholas Winton , British savior of Jewish children from the Holocaust (* 1909 )
- July 6 : Jerry Weintraub , American film producer (* 1937 )
- July 7th : John Greenwood , American racing driver (* 1945 )
- July 10 : Roger Rees , British-American actor (born 1944 )
- July 10 : Omar Sharif , Egyptian actor (* 1932 )
- July 11 : Giacomo Biffi , Italian cardinal (* 1928 )
- July 11 : Satoru Iwata , Japanese manager (* 1959 )
- July 12 : Sergei Nikolajewitsch Arzibaschew , Russian theater director and actor (* 1951 )
- July 13th : Philipp Missfelder , German politician (* 1979 )
- July 13 : Martin Litchfield West , British classical philologist (* 1937 )
- July 13 : Gerhard Zwerenz , German writer (* 1925 )
- July 14 : Wolf Gremm , German film director (* 1942 )
- July 16 : Alcides Ghiggia , Uruguayan-Italian football player (* 1926 )
- July 17th : Jules Bianchi , French racing driver (* 1989 )
- July 18 : Alex Rocco , American actor (born 1936 )
- July 19 : Jörg Kaehler , German actor and director (* 1930 )
- July 20 : Sieghardt Rupp , Austrian actor (* 1931 )
- July 21 : Theodore Bikel , American singer and actor (born 1924 )
- July 21 : EL Doctorow , American writer (* 1931 )
- July 25 : Dieter Kühn , German writer (* 1935 )
- July 27th : APJ Abdul Kalam , Indian politician and President (* 1931 )
- July 30th : Lynn Anderson , American country singer (born 1947 )
- July 31 : Roddy Piper , Canadian wrestler and actor (born 1954 )
- August 2nd : Jacqueline Richard , Canadian pianist, répétiteur and conductor (* 1928 )
- August 3 : Robert Conquest , British historian and writer (* 1917 )
- August 4th : Gerd Natschinski , German composer and conductor (* 1928 )
- August 4th : Siegfried Schnabl , German sexologist (* 1927 )
- August 7th : Manuel Contreras , Chilean general and secret service agent (* 1929 )
- August 11 : Harald Nielsen , Danish football player (* 1941 )
- August 12 : Mundito Espinal , Dominican journalist, presenter and composer (* 1934 )
- August 12 : Jaakko Hintikka , Finnish philosopher (* 1929 )
- August 12 : Reiner Pfeiffer , German journalist (* 1939 )
- August 15 : Rafael Chirbes , Spanish writer (* 1949 )
- August 15 : Max Greger , German jazz musician and big band leader (* 1926 )
- August 16 : Jacob Bekenstein , Israeli physicist (* 1947 )
- August 17 : Fynn Henkel , German actor (* 1996 )
- August 17 : Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder , German politician and sports functionary (* 1933 )
- August 19 : Egon Bahr , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1922 )
- August 24 : Justin Wilson , British racing driver (* 1978 )
- August 25 : Peter Arens , Swiss actor and theater director (* 1928 )
- August 26 : Peter Kern , Austrian actor and director (* 1949 )
- August 30th : Wes Craven , American film director (born 1939 )
- August 30 : Oliver Sacks , British neurologist and writer (* 1933 )
- August 31 : Bernard Aubertin , French artist (* 1934 )
- September 2 : Dick Guldstrand , American entrepreneur and racing car driver (* 1927 )
- September 4 : Rainer Kirsch , German writer and poet (* 1934 )
- September 4 : Max Kruse , German writer and children's book author (* 1921 )
- September 5 : Setsuko Hara , Japanese actress (* 1920 )
- September 8 : Habil Əliyev , Azerbaijani Kamantschist (* 1927 )
- September 9 : Christof Stählin , German cabaret artist and songwriter (* 1942 )
- September 10th : Adrian Frutiger , Swiss type designer (* 1928 )
- September 11th : Rudolf Radke , German journalist and publicist (* 1925 )
- September 13 : Jean-Christophe Ammann , Swiss art historian and curator (* 1939 )
- September 13 : Moses Malone , American basketball player (born 1955 )
- September 17th : Dettmar Cramer , German soccer coach (* 1925 )
- September 18 : Thea Eymèsz , German film editor (* 1936 )
- September 19 : Georg Eder , Austrian Archbishop (* 1928 )
- September 20 : Volker Kühn , German director and author (* 1933 )
- September 22 : Yogi Berra , American baseball player and manager (* 1925 )
- September 23 : Cecilia Martínez , Venezuelan actress, broadcaster and TV presenter (* 1913 )
- September 24 : Ellis Kaut , German children's book author (* 1920 )
- September 27 : John Guillermin , British film director (born 1925 )
- September 27 : Pietro Ingrao , Italian journalist and politician (* 1915 )
- September 29 : Hellmuth Karasek , German journalist and writer (* 1934 )
- September 29 : Phil Woods , American jazz musician (* 1931 )
- September 30th : Antje Huber , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1924 )
- October 2 : Brian Friel , Irish playwright (born 1929 )
- October 3 : Denis Healey , British politician (* 1917 )
- October 5th : Chantal Akerman , Belgian film director (* 1950 )
- October 5 : Henning Mankell , Swedish writer and theater director (* 1948 )
- October 6 : Árpád Göncz , Hungarian writer, politician and President (* 1922 )
- October 8 : Robert Siegfried Dieter Athenstedt , German fencer and fencing trainer (* 1922 )
- October 9 : Geoffrey Howe , British politician (* 1926 )
- October 9 : Andreas Mannkopff , German actor (* 1939 )
- October 10 : Hilla Becher , German photographer (* 1934 )
- October 10 : Richard F. Heck , American chemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1931 )
- October 12 : Joan Leslie , American actress (born 1925 )
- October 14 : Mathieu Kérékou , Beninese politician and President (* 1933 )
- October 17 : Howard Kendall , British football player and coach (born 1946 )
- October 20 : Arno Gruen , German-Swiss psychoanalyst and writer (* 1923 )
- October 24 : Maureen O'Hara , Irish-American actress (* 1920 )
- October 24 : Arndt Schmehl , German legal scholar (* 1970 )
- October 26 : Leo Kadanoff , American physicist (* 1937 )
- October 27 : Ralph Richeson , American painter and actor (* 1952 )
- October 31 : Hans Teuscher , German actor (* 1937 )
- November 1 : Günter Schabowski , German politician (* 1929 )
- November 1 : Fred Thompson , American politician and actor (* 1942 )
- November 3 : Ahmad al-Jalabi , Iraqi politician (* 1944 )
- November 4 : René Girard , French cultural anthropologist and philosopher (* 1923 )
- November 5 : Czesław Kiszczak , Polish politician and military (* 1925 )
- November 5 : Hans Mommsen , German historian (* 1930 )
- November 6th : Max Asam , German general (* 1936 )
- November 6th : Jitzchak Nawon , Israeli politician and President (* 1921 )
- November 9th : Ernst Fuchs , Austrian painter (* 1930 )
- November 9 : Allen Toussaint , American musician and producer (* 1938 )
- November 10 : Gene Amdahl , American computer scientist and entrepreneur (* 1922 )
- November 10 : André Glucksmann , French philosopher (* 1937 )
- November 10 : Klaus Friedrich Roth , British mathematician (* 1925 )
- November 10 : Helmut Schmidt , German politician and Federal Chancellor (* 1918 )
- November 11th : Phil Taylor , British drummer (* 1954 )
- November 18 : Jonah Lomu , New Zealand rugby union player (* 1975 )
- November 18 : Rudolf von Thadden , German historian (* 1932 )
- November 19 : Mal Whitfield , American athlete (born 1924 )
- November 22 : Kim Young-sam , South Korean politician and president (* 1927 )
- November 23 : Douglass North , American economist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1920 )
- November 23 : Willie Royster , American baseball player (born 1954 )
- November 24th : Heinz Oberhummer , Austrian physicist and moderator (* 1941 )
- November 26th : Norbert Gastell , German actor and voice actor (* 1929 )
- November 27 : Barbro Hiort af Ornäs , Swedish actress (* 1921 )
- November 28 : Luc Bondy , Swiss director and artistic director (* 1948 )
- November 30th : Fatima Mernissi , Moroccan sociologist and author (* 1940 )
- November 30th : Eldar Ryazanov , Soviet-Russian film director (* 1927 )
- December 2 : Gabriele Ferzetti , Italian actor (* 1925 )
- December 3 : Willi Vordenbäum , German football player (* 1928 )
- December 4 : Robert Loggia , American actor (born 1930 )
- December 6th : Ini Assmann , German actress (* 1945 )
- December 6th : Franzl Lang , German singer and musician (* 1930 )
- December 9 : Carlo Furno , Italian cardinal (* 1921 )
- December 9 : Soshana , Austrian painter (* 1927 )
- December 10 : Dolph Schayes , American basketball player and coach (* 1928 )
- December 11 : Gaston Salvatore , German-speaking writer and playwright (* 1941 )
- December 12th : Kenneth Johnson , British long distance, cross and obstacle runner (* 1928 )
- December 12th : Rolando Valdés , Cuban bandleader (* 1923 )
- December 13 : Benedict Anderson , American political scientist (* 1936 )
- December 15 : Stella Doufexis , German opera singer (* 1968 )
- December 15 : Licio Gelli , Italian conspirator (* 1919 )
- December 19 : Kurt Masur , German conductor (* 1927 )
- December 22 : Rolf Bossi , German defense attorney (* 1923 )
- December 22nd : Freda Meissner-Blau , Austrian politician (* 1927 )
- December 23 : Alfred Goodman Gilman , American pharmacologist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1941 )
- December 25 : Robert L. Spitzer , American psychiatrist (* 1932 )
- December 27 : Stein Eriksen , Norwegian ski racer (* 1927 )
- December 27 : Ellsworth Kelly , American painter and sculptor (* 1923 )
- December 27 : Haskell Wexler , American cameraman (* 1922 )
- December 28 : Gottfried Arnold , German lawyer and politician (* 1933 )
- December 28th : Guru Josh , British musician (* 1964 )
- December 28 : Lemmy Kilmister , British rock musician (* 1945 )
- December 28 : Ian Murdock , American computer scientist (* 1973 )
- December 30th : Douglas Leon Atkins , American football player (born 1930 )
- December 31 : Natalie Cole , American singer and songwriter (* 1950 )
- December 31 : Wayne Rogers , American actor and entrepreneur (born 1933 )
- December 31 : Richard Sapper , German industrial designer (* 1932 )
- December : Steve Gohouri , Ivorian-French football player (* 1981 )
Gallery of the deceased
January 1: Mario Cuomo (2007)
January 3: Edward Brooke (unknown)
January 4th: Pino Daniele (2008)
January 7: Tadeusz Konwicki (2008)
January 7: Georges Wolinski (2011)
January 10: Junior Malanda (2014)
January 10: Francesco Rosi (1991)
January 11: Anita Ekberg (2007)
January 11: Jenő Buzánszky (2010)
January 20: Edgar Froese (2007)
January 20: Georg Lohmeier (2007)
January 23: Abdullah ibn Abd al-Aziz (2007)
January 25: Demis Roussos (2013)
January 30th: Carl Djerassi (2004)
January 31: Udo Lattek (1973)
January 31: Richard von Weizsäcker (1984)
February 6: Peter Abraham (2009)
February 6: André Brink (2007)
February 6: Assia Djebar (1992)
February 11: Roger Hanin (1992)
February 16: Lesley Gore (1967)
February 16: Heinrich Windelen (1972)
February 21: Clark Terry (1981)
February 26: Fritz J. Raddatz (2003)
February 27: Boris Nemtsov (2013)
February 27: Leonard Nimoy (2012)
March 8: Sam Simon (2008)
March 9: Camille Muffat (2012)
March 12: Terry Pratchett (2012)
March 21: Hans Erni (2010)
March 26: Karl Moik (2011)
March 26th: Tomas Tranströmer (2008)
April 2: Manoel de Oliveira (2008)
April 13: Günter Grass (2006)
April 14: Klaus Bednarz (2007)
April 14: Percy Sledge (2010)
April 24: Władysław Bartoszewski (2006)
April 30: Ben E. King (2007)
May 2: Maja Plisetskaya (2011)
May 2: Ruth Rendell (2007)
May 14: BB King (2006)
June 2: Fernando de Araújo (2009)
June 6: Pierre Brice (2011)
June 7: Christopher Lee (2013)
June 9: James Last (1970)
June 11: Ornette Coleman (2011)
June 15: Harry Rowohlt (2013)
June 17: Süleyman Demirel (1998)
June 21: Alexander Schalck-Golodkowski (1988)
June 22nd: Gabriele Wohmann (1992)
June 23: Helmuth Lohner (2015)
June 29: Josef Masopust (1974)
July 1: Nicholas Winton (2007)
July 10: Omar Sharif (2009)
July 16: Alcides Ghiggia (2006)
July 17th: Jules Bianchi (2012)
August 15: Max Greger (2008)
August 17: Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder (2011)
August 19: Egon Bahr (2013)
August 24: Justin Wilson (2007)
August 26: Peter Kern (2013)
August 30: Wes Craven (2010)
August 30: Oliver Sacks (2009)
September 29: Hellmuth Karasek (2011)
October 5: Henning Mankell (2011)
October 24: Maureen O'Hara (≈1942)
November 1: Günter Schabowski (1982)
November 4th: René Girard (2007)
November 5: Hans Mommsen (2013)
November 10: André Glucksmann (2009)
November 10: Helmut Schmidt (1977)
November 18: Jonah Lomu (2004)
November 24th: Heinz Oberhummer (2011)
November 26: Norbert Gastell (2010)
November 28: Luc Bondy (2013)
December 4th: Robert Loggia (2013)
December 19: Kurt Masur (2007)
December 22nd: Rolf Bossi (2008)
December 28: Lemmy Kilmister (2006)
December 31: Natalie Cole (2013)
- Chairmanship. In: osce.org. Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe , January 1, 2015, accessed January 1, 2015 .
- Shannon N. Koplitz et al .: Public health impacts of the severe haze in Equatorial Asia in September – October 2015: demonstration of a new framework for informing fire management strategies to reduce downwind smoke exposure . In: Environmental Research Letters . tape 11 , no. 9 , 2016, doi : 10.1088 / 1748-9326 / 11/9/094023 .
- Poland: Tens of thousands demonstrate against President Duda , Spiegel Online , December 12, 2015; accessed on December 12, 2015
- Referendum in Slovenia: “No” to same-sex marriage , deutschlandfunk.de , December 20, 2015, accessed on December 20, 2015
- NOAA : Global Analysis - 2015 . Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Extreme temperatures in India: murderous heat. In: spiegel.de. Spiegel Online , May 28, 2015, accessed May 28, 2015 .
- Italy says up to 675 migrants died in April 2015 shipwreck . Reuters, July 14, 2016, accessed October 27, 2018
- Nobel Prizes 2015: The announcement of the winners. Deutschlandfunk , October 1, 2015, accessed October 4, 2015 .
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 5, 2015, accessed October 5, 2014 .
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 6, 2015, accessed on October 6, 2014 .
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 7, 2015, accessed on October 7, 2014 .
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 8, 2015, accessed October 8, 2014 .
- The Nobel Peace Prize 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 9, 2015, accessed on October 9, 2014 .
- The Prize in Economic Sciences 2015. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 12, 2015, accessed on October 12, 2014 .
- 2015 International Year of Light. In: light2015.org. IYL2015 Secretariat, accessed October 26, 2014 .
- The Habicht - Noble hunter with acrobatic skill. In: nabu.de. Naturschutzbund Deutschland , accessed on October 26, 2014 .
- Flower of the year. (No longer available online.) In: loki-schmidt-stiftung.de. Hamburg Nature Conservation Foundation and Loki Schmidt Foundation , archived from the original on October 24, 2014 ; Retrieved October 26, 2014 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archive - annual trees from 1989 to today. (No longer available online.) In: baum-des-jahres.de. Dr. Silvius Wodarz Foundation, archived from the original on October 26, 2014 ; Retrieved October 26, 2014 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Mushroom of the Year. In: dgfm-ev.de. German Society for Mycology , accessed October 26, 2014 .