Harry Rowohlt (born March 27, 1945 in Hamburg as Harry Rupp ; † June 15, 2015 there ) was a German writer , columnist , translator , reciter and actor .
Rowohlt's father was the publisher Ernst Rowohlt . His mother, the actress Maria Pierenkämper , was married to the painter Max Rupp for the third time when he was born . It was not until the mid- 1950s that she divorced Rupp and in 1957 married Ernst Rowohlt, who was over 20 years her senior and who died in 1960.
Harry Rowohlt grew up in different places, attended the Walddörfer-Gymnasium in Hamburg and did his Abitur there. He then completed an apprenticeship as a publisher's bookseller at Suhrkamp Verlag in Frankfurt am Main , where he met his future wife Ulla at a ball, and then volunteered at Rowohlt Verlag, now run by his half-brother Heinrich Maria Ledig-Rowohlt , and at New York's Grove Press . After returning to Germany, he worked temporarily as a copywriter in the advertising agency GGK . From 1971 he was a freelance translator from English. The first translation was a children's book by Alexander Sutherland Neill , which was previously considered untranslatable; It was published by Rowohlt Verlag under the title The Green Cloud and immediately became a bestseller. In addition, he became known as a reader of the works he translated, as the author of the column Pooh's Corner in the weekly newspaper Die Zeit and as the actor of the homeless Harry in the television series Lindenstrasse . He was also heard as the spokesman for the bear in Wenzel Storch's film Die Reise ins Glück .
He inherited 49 percent of the publishing house from his father, but refused to get into the publishing business. In 1982 the two brothers finally sold the company to the Georg von Holtzbrinck publishing group . He fended off inquiries about the publisher with a form letter: “I have three circulars. Circular 1 reads: I'm already glad that my name is not Kiepenheuer and Witsch. If you want something from Rowohlt-Verlag, contact Rowohlt-Verlag and not me. Spread the word! ". In the 1970s he joined the SPD because of Willy Brandt .
Rowohlt's column Pooh's Corner appeared at intervals of three to ten weeks until 1998. There was more than half a year between the first 1998 corner (in the second calendar week ) and the second. In the two following years only one column was written until he finally, without further explanation, initially wrote no more. Without prior notice, a new Pooh's Corner appeared in Zeit No. 51/2005 on December 15, 2005 , in which Rowohlt explained in the introduction that he had read his last columns with growing displeasure, which is why he did not want to expose anyone to them anymore. Since then, more of Rowohlt's Corner articles have appeared in loose succession , the last in March 2013.
Rowohlt was also known for his excessive solo stage appearances, which rarely lasted less than four, sometimes even more than six hours. He often interrupted the readings with comments on the texts, rambling remarks, anecdotes , autobiographical stories, dialogues with the audience and much more, so that the texts read were rather in the background. For a long time he called the events loosened up in this way "drama with emphasis" because he consumed alcoholic beverages during the reading, for which he explained: "The audience has a right to experience how the speaker is ruined". In an interview he explained about his unmistakable appearance: "[...] if you looked like a hippie as a young person and have remained somewhat true to yourself, as an old man you look like a bum and not like Joschka Fischer."
In June 2007 Rowohlt announced that he was suffering from the incurable disease polyneuropathy , which severely impaired his ability to walk. He commented on his own illness sarcastically: “As a passionate couch potato, I don't need to undergo major retraining.” Rowohlt wanted to continue his role in Lindenstrasse , if necessary while sitting, as he immediately informed the producer. After a long and extensive abstinence from alcohol, Harry Rowohlt gave readings again since 2009. Since there was only water on the table, he now called the events "emphasis without drama".
Rowohlt last lived with his wife in Hamburg-Eppendorf . In the last years of his life, Rowohlt also suffered from lung cancer , from the consequences of which he died in Hamburg in 2015 at the age of 70. He was buried in the Ohlsdorf cemetery in Hamburg. The tombstone is a boulder on which, in addition to a reproduction of Rowohlt's autograph, the year of his birth and death was carved.
- The literary critic Hellmuth Karasek stated that Rowohlt was not only a gifted children's book translator, but also a mediator of Irish literature: “You could say that he followed the Karl Kraus dictum: 'Translate? Translate'. So he created new books through his translation, congenially translated into German slang from the Irish alcohol language. "
- Rowohlt's translation work was praised in a cartoon by the drawing duo Hauck & Bauer , in which one bookstore customer says to another: “You have to read the book in the translation by Harry Rowohlt. A lot is lost in the original. "
- From the jury's reasoning for the award of the special prize of the German Youth Literature Prize for his complete work as a translator: “An all-age translator like Rowohlt, who works in adult and children's literary fields,” the jury said in its reasoning, “can focus on literary Sharpening qualities that characterize works in both children's and general literature and thus cross the already permeable border between the areas. It is qualities such as expansive comedy, weirdness, deeper meaning, bizarre, absurdity, exaggeration and ingenuity that permeate Rowohlt's entire oeuvre of translation. His entire work is characterized by the highest demands on himself and his love of languages and even obsession with languages. "
honors and awards
- 1997 Brothers Grimm Prize from the city of Hanau
- 1998 Kurd-Laßwitz-Prize for his translation of Kurt Vonnegut's Time Quake
- 1999 Johann Heinrich Voß Prize for Translation
- 2000 gold record for 250,000 copies of the CD Pooh Bear
- 2001 Göttingen moose
- 2003 Heinrich Maria Ledig-Rowohlt Prize
- 2003 German Youth Literature Prize in the children's book category for his translation of Philip Ardagh's Schlimmes Ende
- 2005 Special prize of the German Youth Literature Prize for his complete work as a translator
- 2011 Prize of the Prix Pantheon in the category Reif & Crazy
- 2013 member of the Free Academy of Arts in Hamburg .
- Pooh's corner - Opinions and beliefs of a bear of little sense . Heyne, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-453-10849-3 .
- Pooh's Corner II - New beliefs and beliefs of a bear of little sense . Haffmans, Zurich 1997, ISBN 3-251-00370-4 .
- Me, tomcat Robinson (together with Peter Schössow ). Carlsen, Hamburg 1997, ISBN 3-551-51460-7 .
- Pooh's Corner, all columns, reviews, reports, film reviews . (Collection of both volumes) Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 1998; Haffmans, Zurich 2001, ISBN 3-251-00503-0 .
- In Schlucken-zwei-Spechte: Harry Rowohlt tells Ralf Sotscheck his life from the cradle to the bend . Edition Tiamat , Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-89320-053-3 .
- John Rock or the Devil . Kein & Aber, Zurich 2004, ISBN 3-0369-5248-9 .
- Happy Birds Day . (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 2004, ISBN 3-86150-528-2 .
- The fight goes on. Greetings, God's blessings and red front - Letters not thrown away . Kein & Aber, Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-0369-5133-4 .
- The great bear and its stars. Friends and companions greet, write and paint on Harry Rowohlt's 60th birthday . No & But, Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-0369-5134-2 .
- Pooh's Corner complete . Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 2005, third edition of the collection of both volumes on the occasion of the 60th birthday of the author with the addition “The Harry Rowohlt Raven” ( Der Rabe No. 64), Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main; Book 2000, Affoltern am Albis 2005, ISBN 3-86150-547-9 .
- True angels and other Christmas spirits . (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 2005, ISBN 3-86150-541-X .
- I wish I were a dog (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) two thousand and one, Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 978-3-86150-579-2 .
- Kitty, kitty . (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 978-3-86150-804-5 .
- Hipphopp - The high school of horse painting with fine horse verses (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ). Zweiausendeins, Frankfurt am Main 2008, ISBN 978-3-86150-823-6 .
- God's blessings and red front - Letters not thrown away second part . Kein & Aber, Zurich 2009, ISBN 978-3-03-695536-0 .
- Lord Brummel. Pictures from the life of the dandy among the bears (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ). Zweiausendeins, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-942048-04-0 .
- Fine pigs (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) Haffmans, Berlin / Zurich 2011, ISBN 978-3-942990-03-5 .
- Every animal has its own little toy. Pictures from the life of the dandy among the bears . (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier , Hans Zippert and Frank Schulz ). Zweiausendeins, Leipzig 2012, ISBN 978-3-86150-453-5 .
- Monkiss (together with Rudi Hurzlmeier ) Zweiausendeins, Leipzig 2015, ISBN 978-3-86150-966-0 .
- Pooh's Corner 1997–2013: Opinions and Thoughts of a Little Minded Bear . Kein & Aber, Zurich 2015, ISBN 978-3-0369-5733-3 .
- And bye. Letters not Thrown Away III . Kein & Aber, Zurich 2016, ISBN 978-3-0369-5739-5 .
- Alfred Polgar : The large reader , compiled and with a foreword by Harry Rowohlt. Kein & Aber, Zurich 2003, ISBN 3-0369-5116-4 ; Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2004, ISBN 3-499-23806-3 .
sorted by author, then chronologically
- Steven Appleby: The Memoirs of Captain J. Star , Kiel 1994.
- Philip Ardagh : Bad End , Munich 2002
- Philip Ardagh: Terrifying Performances , Munich 2003.
- Philip Ardagh: Bad News , Munich 2004.
- Philip Ardagh: Unpleasant Surprises , Munich 2005.
- Philip Ardagh: Abominable Habits , Munich 2006.
- Philip Ardagh: very last act , Munich 2007.
- Philip Ardagh: The Grunz family is in trouble , Weinheim 2013.
- Philip Ardagh: The Grunz family is swimming , Weinheim 2014.
- Donald Barthelme : Mathilda and the fire brigade, which wasn't quite what it should be , Cologne et al. 1991
- Hilaire Belloc : Matilda, who lied so terribly ... , Zurich 1993
- Roger Boylan: Killoyle , Frankfurt am Main 1999.
- Roger Boylan: Return to Killoyle , Frankfurt am Main 2002.
- Roger Boylan: Killoyle Wine & Cheese , Frankfurt am Main 2006.
- Joe Brainard : 1984 , March Verlag, Berlin et al. 1983
- Ken Bruen : Jack Taylor is kicked out , Zurich 2009.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor is wrong , Zurich 2009.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor goes to hell , Zurich 2010.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor and the prodigal son , Zurich 2011.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor on the Way of the Cross , Zurich 2011.
- Ken Bruen: A Drama for Jack Taylor , Zurich 2011.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor goes to hell , Zurich 2012.
- Ken Bruen: Jack Taylor versus Benedictus , Zurich 2012.
- Ken Bruen: A tombstone for Jack Taylor , Zurich 2013.
- Anthony Burgess : The long way to the tea cup , Zurich 1985
- Edgar Rice Burroughs : Tarzan's Beasts , Frankfurt am Main 1971
- Edgar Rice Burroughs: Tarzan's son , Frankfurt am Main 1971.
- Graham Chapman : Autobiography of a Liar , Berlin 2012
- Leonard Cohen : The energy of slaves , Frankfurt am Main 1976
- Robert Crumb : Ein Heldenleben , Frankfurt am Main 1992
- Robert Crumb: Oggie and the Beanstalk , Frankfurt am Main 1975.
- Robert Crumb: The 17 Faces of Robert Crumb , Frankfurt am Main 1975.
- Robert Crumb: Sketchbook , Frankfurt am Main 1978.
- Robert Crumb: Full of the nuts , Frankfurt am Main 1981.
- Jim Dodge : Fup , Hamburg 2002
- Jeff Fischer: How to get rich , Stuttgart 2002.
- James Frey : The Last Testament of the Holy Scriptures (with Alexa Hennig von Lange , Charles Lewinsky , Clemens J. Setz , Gerd Haffmans , Juli Zeh , Katja Scholtz, Klaus Modick , Kristof Magnusson , Steffen Jacobs , Sven Böttcher , Tina Uebel and Zoë Jenny ), Berlin 2012.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald : Pat Hobbys Hollywood Stories , Zurich 1978
- Kenneth Grahame : Kröterich von Krötinhall and the canary yellow caravan , Cologne 1980
- Kenneth Grahame: The Wind in the Weiden , Cologne 1973
- Michael Kleff (Ed.): Hard Travelin '- Das Woody Guthrie Book , Heidelberg 2002.
- Jim Harrison: A Real Hero , Munich 1987.
- Ernest Hemingway : The story of the dear lion , Reinbek near Hamburg 1979
- Ernest Hemingway: Four Stories from the Spanish Civil War , Reinbek near Hamburg 1979 (together with Richard K. Flesch)
- Graham Jeffery: The Bible of Brother Barnabas , Oldenburg and others 1974.
- Marie Jones: Stones in your pockets. An evening in November , Zurich 2001.
- James Joyce : The Cats of Copenhagen , with illustrations by Wolf Erlbruch . Hanser Verlag, Munich 2013, ISBN 978-3-446-24159-6 .
- Larry Kirwan: Liverpool fantasy or A world without the Beatles , Frankfurt am Main 1995.
- Aline Kominsky-Crumb: Dirty Laundry , Frankfurt am Main 2002.
- William Kotzwinkle : Jack in the box , Munich 1985
- William Kotzwinkle: Queen of Swords , Munich 1985.
- William Kotzwinkle: Christmas for Budgies , Munich 1984.
- Oren Lavie : The Bear That Wasn't There , Munich 2014.
- Leo Lionni : A story with fleas , Munich 1996
- Leo Lionni: I'm staying here! I want to go Cologne 1978.
- Leo Lionni: The mouse with the green tail , Cologne 1974.
- Leo Lionni: Pezzettino , Cologne 1977.
- Samuel Marschak: The man from the roof is not right with the matter , Hamburg 1999.
- Marx Brothers : Flywheel, Shyster & Flywheel , released as CD under the title Die Marx Brothers Radio Show , WDR 1989, Altberliner Verlag 2004 (together with Sven Böttcher )
- Dan McCall: Jack the Bear , Frankfurt am Main 1975.
- Dan McCall: Triphammer , Frankfurt am Main et al. 1995.
- Frank McCourt : My mother's ashes , Munich 1996
- Ian McEwan : First love, last rites , Zurich 1980
- David McKee: Two Admirals , Cologne 1977.
- Warren Miller : Kalte Welt , Weinheim et al. 1979
- AA Milne : Pooh the Bear , Hamburg 1987
- Frank Muir: Oschi at Camping , Cologne et al. 1991.
- Frank Muir: Oschi at the veterinarian , Cologne et al. 1991.
- Frank Muir: Oschi, der Schöne , Cologne et al. 1991.
- Frank Muir: Oschi and Michou , Cologne 1991.
- Alexander Sutherland Neill : The Green Cloud , Reinbek near Hamburg 1971
- Alexander Sutherland Neill: Neill, Neill, pear stem! Reinbek near Hamburg 1973.
- Flann O'Brien : The Third Policeman , Frankfurt am Main 1975.
- Flann O'Brien: Das Barmen , Frankfurt am Main 1977. (also published under the title Irish CV )
- Flann O'Brien: From Dalkey's archives , Frankfurt am Main 1982.
- Flann O'Brien: Consolation and Advice , Zurich 1985.
- Flann O'Brien: On swimming-two-birds (with Helmut Mennicken), Zurich 1989.
- Flann O'Brien: Thirst and other urgent matters , Zurich 1991.
- Flann O'Brien: Golden hours , Zurich 2001.
- Flann O'Brien: The hard life , Zurich 2007.
- Gianni Peg: Alex, the amazing juggler , Cologne 1981.
- David M. Pierce: Down in the Valley , Zurich 1992.
- Padgett Powell : Edisto , Frankfurt am Main 1985
- Padgett Powell: A woman named Drown , Frankfurt am Main 1990.
- Padgett Powell: Return to Edisto , Berlin 1997.
- Padgett Powell: Roman in Questions , Berlin 2012.
- Padgett Powell: Broken Hearts Junkyard , Berlin 2013.
- George Rodrigue : The Blue Dog , Hamburg 1992.
- Axel Scheffler : About keeping squirrels , Berlin 2009
- Budd Schulberg : What drives Sammy? Zurich 2008
- David Sedaris : Naked , Zurich 1999.
- David Sedaris: Holidays on Ice , Zurich 1999.
- David Sedaris: Fuselfieber , Zurich 2000
- David Sedaris: I speak pretty one day , Zurich 2001 (together with Georg Deggerich)
- David Sedaris: Hundeleben , Munich-Zurich 2002.
- Shel Silverstein : Lafcadio , Cologne 1987
- Shel Silverstein: A light under the roof , Cologne 1988.
- Shel Silverstein: Raufgefallen , Zurich 1998.
- Susan Sontag : I, etc. Munich et al. 1979
- Andy Stanton : You are a bad person, Mr Gum! Mannheim 2010
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the shortbread billionaire , Mannheim 2010.
- Andy Stanton: The appalling Mr Gum and the goblins , Mannheim 2011.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Crystals of Doom , Mannheim 2011.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the flying dancing bear , Mannheim 2012.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the fat Ingo , Mannheim 2012.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the speaking cherry tree , Mannheim 2013.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the secret hiding place , Frankfurt am Main 2014.
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the gruesome dog from Bad Lamonisch , Frankfurt am Main 2015.
- Dylan Thomas : The beach of Falesá , Frankfurt am Main 1988
- Kurt Vonnegut : God bless you, Dr. Kevorkian , Munich 2004
- Kurt Vonnegut: The Sirens of Titan , Munich 1979.
- Kurt Vonnegut: Search dream, offer me , Munich et al. 1999.
- Kurt Vonnegut: Zeitbeben , Munich et al. 1998.
- Kurt Vonnegut: Man without a Country , Munich / Zurich 2006.
- Kurt Vonnegut: The dove-blue dragon , Zurich 2009
- Kurt Vonnegut: Three cheers for the Milky Way! , Zurich 2010
- Kurt Vonnegut: One Hundred Dollar Kisses , Zurich 2012
- Mervyn Wall: The unholy Fursey or The Ireland of the Pious , Cologne 1983.
- Tom Wolfe : Living with the Bauhaus , Königstein / Ts. 1982.
- AA Milne: Winnie-the-Pooh and some bees , 1988 (audio cassette)
- AA Milne: Piglet meets a Heffalump , 1988 (audio cassette)
- AA Milne: Christopher Robin invites you to the Pu-Party , 1988 (cassette)
- Unfortunately I had time - poems by Joachim Ringelnatz , 1994 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt reads Flann O'Brien , 1996 (CD)
- Flann O'Brien: Durst , 1997 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt reads Padgett Powell , 1997 (CD)
- AA Milne: Why tigers don't climb trees , 1998 (audio cassette)
- AA Milne: In an Enchanted Place , 1998 (cassette)
- Kurt Vonnegut: Time Quake , 1998 (2 audio cassettes)
- David Sedaris: Nackt , 1999 (2 CD) (with David Sedaris)
- David Sedaris: Holidays on Ice , 2000 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt reads the most porky passages from the Old Testament , 2000 (CD)
- Pooh's corner , 2000 (CD)
- Shel Silverstein: Raufgefallen , 2000 (CD)
- Roger Boylan: Killoyle , 2000 (4 CD)
- David Sedaris I speak pretty , 2001 (2 CD) (together with Gerd Haffmans)
- From Pope to Pope - Christmas by Kingsley Amis, Dan Kavanagh, David Lodge, Flann O'Brien and John Updike , 2001 (CD)
- Gustave Flaubert A Simple Mind , 2001 (2 CD)
- Flann O'Brien: Golden Hours , 2001 (CD)
- Wenedikt Erofejew: Die Reise nach Petuschki , 2001 (4 CD) (together with Robert Gernhardt and Josef Bilous )
- Jim Dodge: FUP , 2002 (2 CD)
- Philip Ardagh: Bad End , 2002 (3 CD)
- From the diary of a drinker and other texts by Eugen Egner , 2002 (CD)
- The Best Of Harry Rowohlt , 2003 and reprinting 2015 (CD), Random House Audio, ISBN 978-3-8371-3129-1
- Anthony Burgess: The Long Road to the Tea Cup, 2003 (3 CD)
- Philip Ardagh: Terrifying Performances , 2003 (3 CD)
- Philip Ardagh: Bad News , 2004 (3 CD)
- "The Paganini of Digression" - live , 2005 (2 CD)
- Frank Schulz: Kolks blonde Bräute , 2004/2007 (7/6 CD) (together with Marion von Stengel , Frank Schulz , Fanny Müller and Gerd Haffmans )
- Philip Ardagh: Unpleasant Surprises , 2005 (3 CD)
- Dylan Thomas: Unter dem Milchwald , translated by Erich Fried , director: Götz Fritsch , (together with Boris Aljinovic , Hilmar Thate , Irm Hermann , Ursula Karusseit , Ulrike Krumbiegel , Winfried Glatzeder , Fritz Lichtenhahn , Gerd Baltus , Gudrun Ritter , Karin Gregorek , Herbert Fritsch , Käthe Reichel , Stefan Wigger , Klaus Herm , Sophie Rois , Margit Bendokat , Carmen-Maja Antoni , Horst Hiemer , Hans-Joachim Hegewald , Klaus Manchen , Martin Seifert , Thomas Neumann and many others), 2005 (2 CD)
- Alexander Sutherland Neill: The Green Cloud , 2005 (CD)
- Philip Ardagh: Abominable Habits , 2006 (3 CD)
- Christian Dietrich Grabbe: Joke, Satire, Irony and Deeper Meaning , 2006 (2 CD) (together with Wiglaf Droste )
- Laurence Sterne: The Life and Views of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman , 2006 (22 CD)
- Kurt Vonnegut: Man without a Country , 2007 (CD)
- Henry Glass: The World Source of Lived Madness , 2007 (CD)
- Philip Ardagh: Very Last Act , 2007 (4 CD)
- Serhij Schadan : Depeche Mode , 2008 (3 CD)
- Flann O'Brien: The Hard Life , 2008 (4 CD)
- Marx & Engels intim , live recording, ed .: Die Akstinat Brüder , moderation: Anna Thalbach , read by Gregor Gysi and Harry Rowohlt, 2009 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt and Christian Maintz : Dear God, you are the boss, amen, your rhinoceros . Live in Barmbek. Kein & Aber Records 2009 (2 CD)
- Joachim Ringelnatz : You don't know what your own spit tastes like (together with Christian Maintz ), 2010 (2 CD)
- Andy Stanton: You are a bad person, Mr Gum! 2010 (CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Shortbread Billionaire , 2010 (CD)
- Andy Stanton: The Horrible Mr. Gum and the Goblins , 2011 (CD)
- Rumba, Rumba, Rumba is modern: Live reading in Göttingen , 2011 (CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Crystals of Doom , 2011 (CD)
- Oleg Jurjew : The Russian Freight , 2011 (6 CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Flying Dancing Bear , 2012 (CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and Greasy Ingo , 2012 (CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Talking Cherry Tree , 2013 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt and Klaus Bittermann read from “Alles schick in Kreuzberg” and “Furniture at home, but no money for alcohol”, live recording, 2013 (2 CD)
- Andy Stanton: Mr Gum and the Secret Hiding Place , 2013 (CD)
- Robert Louis Stevenson : Harry Rowohlt reads Treasure Island , 2013 (CD)
- Marco Tschirpke : Ships roar at sea. 69 poems , 2014 (CD)
- Science Busters : If you don't know, you have to believe everything , 2014 (4 CD)
- Science Busters: Mind reading by caressing snails (together with Martin Puntigam , Werner Gruber and Heinz Oberhummer ), 2014 (3 CD)
- Christmas read by Harry Rowohlt , 2016 (CD)
- Harry Rowohlt tells his life from the cradle to the bend , 2017 (4 CD)
- 2003: Dylan Thomas : Unter dem Milchwald (first voice) - Director: Götz Fritsch (radio play - MDR )
- Literature by and about Harry Rowohlt in the catalog of the German National Library
- Harry Rowohlt in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- harryrowohlt.com - his publisher's website
- Short biography and reviews of works by Harry Rowohlt at perlentaucher.de
- “There are no children's books at all” Harry Rowohlt on the success of Winnie the Pooh , Deutschlandradio Kultur on October 13, 2006
- SPIEGEL-TV on Marx & Engels intimate
- Harry Rowohlt, writer and translator ( Memento from June 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) In one to one. The talk , Bayern 2 radio interview from 2009. Accessed June 16, 2015
- Arno Frank : On the death of Harry Rowohlt. A bear of great intelligence Spiegel.de, June 16, 2015. Accessed June 16, 2015
- ^ Writer Harry Rowohlt has died. ( Memento of the original from June 18, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: Die Zeit vom June 16, 2015 (accessed on June 16, 2015).
- ↑ Breakfast with Harry Rowohlt , kurier.at, April 6, 2012, accessed on June 17, 2015
- ^ In: Jan Mühldorfer, Matthias Benirschke: An original in all matters . Marler Newspaper. June 17, 2015, p. 11.
- ^ Harry Rowohlt died , jungewelt.de, June 17, 2015, accessed on June 18, 2015
- ↑ One man, one word, one hum - for Harry Rowohlt's 60th birthday , Süddeutsche Zeitung , March 22, 2005.
- ↑ "I have almost all jobs" - Interview with Harry Rowohlt ( Memento from August 25, 2007 in the Internet Archive ), Moritz - the Greifswald student magazine , June 15, 2007.
- ↑ a b Harry Rowohlt in conversation with Wolfram Runkel and Christof Siemens: One in the face. In: The time. March 23, 2005, accessed December 5, 2008 .
- ↑ "I tell myself something" - Interview with Harry Rowohlt ( Memento from October 6, 2008 in the Internet Archive ), Book Journal , June 12, 2004; Ulrich Greiner : Farewell to the Great Bear. In: Die Zeit June 18, 2015, p. 50.
- ↑ Harry Rowohlt in conversation with Vera Scheuble and Kristina Steeg: Interview with Harry Rowohlt. (No longer available online.) In: Ernst-Kalkuhl-Gymnasium, Bonn. March 27, 2004, archived from the original on January 20, 2009 ; Retrieved December 5, 2008 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Reading canceled , Die Tageszeitung , June 23, 2007.
- ^ Concern about Lindenstrasse star Rowohlt , Hamburger Morgenpost , June 23, 2007.
- ^ "Giving the edge four times a year" , Die Tageszeitung , October 12, 2009.
- ↑ emphasis without inspection drinking , Berliner Zeitung , March 25 of 2009.
- ↑ Thomas Bodmer: «Say what you think. And thought something beforehand » . In: Tages-Anzeiger . June 16, 2015. Archived from the original on June 18, 2015. Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
- ↑ Scheuer Mensch with dry humor , deutschlandradiokultur.de from June 17, 2015, accessed on June 21, 2015
- ↑ Cartoon , schauburgorbiter.wordpress.com, accessed August 3, 2015
- ^ Free Academy of the Arts in Hamburg
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rupp, Harry (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer, translator and reciter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 27, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg , German Empire|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 15, 2015|
|Place of death||Hamburg , Germany|