life and work
Rois grew up in Ottensheim and did an apprenticeship as a grocery retailer in her parents' grocery store there.
Education and theater
From 1987 Sophie Rois had engagements in Berlin , initially at the Renaissance Theater , the Theater der Freie Volksbühne and the Schillertheater . Since 1993 she has been part of the ensemble of the Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz , where she has worked in numerous productions by Christoph Schlingensief , Christoph Marthaler , Frank Castorf ( Pension Schöller , Die Demonen , Des Teufels General ) and most recently René Pollesch . She also appeared in productions by Pollesch and Castorf at the Burgtheater in Vienna. In 1998 she played the Buhlschaft in Hofmannsthal's Jedermann at the Salzburg Festival .
After the appointment of Chris Dercon as artistic director, she submitted her resignation to the Berliner Volksbühne in December 2017. At the same time, Rois was recognized for her portrayal of the witch in the Volksbühne production of Faust. The second part of the tragedy was awarded the Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring , which she solemnly received on March 17, 2018. The jury praised “her long-standing commitment to ensemble theater at the Berliner Volksbühne” and attested the actress “professionalism, incorruptibility in terms of content and tremendous playfulness”. Thomas Oberender gave the laudation.
Movie and TV
Sophie Rois had her first major role in Detlev Buck's road movie We can also be different ... as Nadine, a village pub owner. By the end of the 1990s she had various roles in film and television productions, including Der kalte Finger , Engelchen , Der Hauptmann von Köpenick and Die Siebtelbauern .
In the crime TV series Tatort , Rois played Roxane Aschenwald, who supported the Tatort inspector Moritz Eisner in his fourth Passion case (1999) and his sixth Bad Blood case (2001). Rois played Thomas Mann's daughter Erika in Heinrich Breloer 's three-part television series Die Manns, which was launched in 2001 . In the black comedy Fräulein Phyllis , directed by Clemens Schönborn , from 2004 she was cast in the leading role. In 2008 Rois was seen in Ina Weisses feature film debut, the film drama The Architect , in the role of Hannah.
Rois was awarded for her portrayal of Hanna Blum nominated for the German Film Award in 2011 as the lead actress in the film Three by Tom Tykwer . In 2012 she was seen as Chief Inspector Tamara Rusch on Police Call 110 in Die Gurkenkönigin as a pregnancy replacement for Chief Inspector Olga Lenski alias Maria Simon . In 2013, Rois played the role of Yvonne in the film-drama For Birthday, directed by Denis Dercourt . In Tatort: Der Irre Iwan (2015) she was seen as Rita Eisenheim in the role of the perpetrator.
Activity as a speaker
In 2004 and 2005 she spoke the character Renie Sulaweyo in the radio play Otherland produced by Hörverlag and Hessischer Rundfunk . She lent her voice to the cartoon character Molly Monster in both the movie Molly Monster - The 2015 Film and in the series The Little Monsterin, which runs in the children's program Our Sandman .
- 1993: We can do it differently ...
- 1995: Under the Milky Way
- 1996: Condom of horror
- 1996: The cold finger
- 1996: little angel
- 1997: The 120 days of Bottrop
- 1997: Christmas fever
- 1998: love your neighbor!
- 1999: The Siebtelbauern
- 2000: Total Therapy
- 2001: Duell - Enemy at the Gates (Enemy at the Gates)
- 2003: learn to lie
- 2004: Miss Phyllis
- 2004: Sergeant Pepper
- 2008: the architect
- 2010: 180 °
- 2010: three
- 2013: For my birthday
- 2014: The decent one
- 2016: Schreckenstein Castle
- 2017: Schreckenstein Castle II - kissing is (not) prohibited
- 2017: Happiness is not for wimps
- 2019: A hidden life (A Hidden Life)
- 2019: Carry on Sanssouci (Director: Max Linz)
- 1990: Hopnick (short film)
- 1991: Ostkreuz
- 1997: The captain of Köpenick
- 1997: Police call 110: The exchange
- 1998: Crossfire
- 2000: Crime scene: Passion
- 2001: The Manns - A novel of the century
- 2001: Crime Scene: Bad Blood
- 2004: I want to run - The Dieter Baumann case
- 2005: The Patriarch
- 2005: Trautmann - Boomerang
- 2006: The Rosenheim cops - put on hold
- 2007: Without each other
- 2008: patchwork
- 2008: Murder with a View - Finger Exercises
- 2009: Children of the Storm
- 2009: rude awakening
- 2012: Police call 110: The Cucumber Queen
- 2012: Night Shift - Money rules the world (film series)
- 2015: Tatort: The Crazy Ivan
- 2015: The Criminalist - Small Steps
- 2016: The one with the punch
- 2019: M - A City Is Looking For A Killer (TV series)
- 2020: Parents with obstacles
Radio plays and audio books
- 1996: Heiner Müller : Ajax for example , directed by Wolfgang Rindfleisch ( DLF / MDR )
- 2001: Elwyn Brooks White : Wilbur and Charlotte - Director: Andrea Otte (children's radio play - SWR )
- 2002: Christoph Schlingensief : Rosebud , director: Christoph Schlingensief ( WDR )
- 2002: Thilo Reffert : Hellas Sonntag , (MDR)
- 2003: Dylan Thomas : Unter dem Milchwald (Mrs. Dai: Brot Zwei) - Director: Götz Fritsch (MDR)
- 2004: Agnieszka Lessmann : Cobains Asche , director: Walter Adler (SWR)
- 2005: Tad Williams : Otherland , director: Walter Adler ( HR )
- 2011: Elfriede Jelinek : Envy . Radio play in ten parts with Sophie Rois and Elfriede Jelinek. Director: Karl Bruckmaier (BR radio play and media art 2011).
- 2013: Clemens Schönborn : The Lady of the Camellias , (WDR)
- 2013: Händl Klaus : Eine Schneise , director: Erik Altorfer (WDR)
- 2013: Sarah Khan : The Ghosts of Berlin (Neighbor) - Director: Clemens Schönborn ( RBB )
- 2013: Wilhelm Speyer : Charlott a little crazy - Director: Moritz von Rappard (RBB)
- 2013: Tzimon Barto : Dots ride in the hearse - Director: Christiane Ohaus (radio play - NDR )
- Djuna Barnes : A Night with the Horses 2001
- Christine Angot : Incest 2002
- AL Kennedy : A Flawless Man 2002
- Connie Palmen : The Friendship 2002. ISBN 978-3-89830-971-4
- EB White : Wilbur and Charlotte 2002. ISBN 978-3-89813-191-9
- George Sand and Alfred de Musset : Love is terrible like death (with Volker Hanisch) 2004. ISBN 978-3-455-32024-4
- Ermanno Cavazzoni : Brief CVs of Idiots 2005
- Mo Hayder : Tokyo 2005, Random House Audio Cologne, abbreviated 6 CDs 474 min, ISBN 3-86604-010-5
- Dylan Thomas : Under the Milk Forest (with Harry Rowohlt ) 2005. ISBN 978-3-89940-492-0
- Virginia Woolf or I feel like I'm going mad (with Bernd Sucher) 2005. ISBN 978-3-87024-034-9
- Vita Andersen : Petruschka's patent leather shoes 2006
- Sibylle Berg : And I thought it was love (with Hannelore Hoger) 2006
- Charlotte Brontë : Jane Eyre 2006
- Émilie du Châtelet : Palpitations 2006
- Chris Cleave : Dear Osama 2006
- Annette von Droste-Hülshoff : The Most Beautiful Poems 2006
- Patricia Highsmith : Der Schneckensammler / Die Heldin (SZ Library of the Storytellers) 2006
- Joachim Hoell: Ingeborg Bachmann 2006
- Gertrud Kolmar : Susanna 2006
- Riverbend : Bagdad burning (with Julia Jentsch ) 2006
- Gustave Flaubert : Madame Bovary 2007
- Carlo Fruttero and Franco Lucentini : The lover without a permanent residence 2007
- Christine Grän : Heroes' Die 2008
- Italian Christmas. The most beautiful stories, collected by Klaus Wagenbach , Düsseldorf, Patmos, 2008. ISBN 978-3-491-91278-6 .
- Patti Smith : Just Kids - The Story of a Friendship 2010. ISBN 978-3-941168-35-0 .
- Alina Bronsky : The hottest dishes in Tatar cuisine 2010 (tacheles! / Roof Music ). ISBN 978-3-941168-48-0 .
- Virginia Woolf : Sketch of the Past 2013 ( Hessischer Rundfunk ). ISBN 978-3-8398-1237-2 .
- Alina Bronsky: Baba Dunja's last love 2015 (tacheles! / Roof Music). ISBN 978-3-86484-301-3
- Christine Lavant : The Changeling 2015 ( Almond Tree ). ISBN 978-3-85476-479-3 .
- Alina Bronsky: My grandmother's braid 2019 (tacheles! / Roof Music). ISBN 978-3-86484-527-7 .
- 2002: Adolf Grimme Prize for the role of Erika Mann in the multi-part TV series Die Manns - A novel of the century
- 2004: Nomination for the Nestroy Theater Prize in the category "Best Actress"
- 2006: German audio book award in the “Best Interpretation” category for the audio book Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- 2009: German Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in the feature film The Architect
- 2010: German Theater Prize Der Faust for the performance as Manuela in René Pollesch's Girls in Uniform - Ways out of self-realization
- 2010: Bavarian Film Award for “Best Actress” for three
- 2010: German Film Critics ' Award for “Best Actress” for three
- 2011: German Film Award for “Best Lead Actress” in the feature film Three
- 2012: Theater Prize Berlin "for their outstanding services to German-speaking theater"
- 2012: Actress of the Year
- 2014: Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres
- 2016: German audio book award in the category “Best Interpretation” for the audio book Baba Dunjas last Liebe by Alina Bronsky
- 2017: Admission to the Berlin Academy of the Arts
- 2017 Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring for the role as the witch in Faust. The tragedy part two at the Volksbühne Berlin .
- Literature by and about Sophie Rois in the catalog of the German National Library
- Sophie Rois in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Sophie Rois at filmportal.de (with photo gallery)
- Sophie Rois at the Hübchen agency
- Sophie Rois on "Currencies of Love" on dctp.tv
- Extensive interview with Sophie Rois at Küchenradio
- Sophie Rois on her departure from the Berliner Volksbühne: “It was overdue” Hessischer Rundfunk , December 7, 2017
- Theater Prize: Gertrud Eysoldt Ring for Sophie Rois . In: hessenschau.de, March 17, 2018 (accessed March 18, 2018).
- Thomas Oberender: Laudation for Sophie Rois on the occasion of the awarding of the Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring Berliner Festspiele Blog, March 19, 2018
- " Die Gurkenkönigin": Start of shooting for interim commissioner Sophie Rois on wolfgangstauch.de; accessed on October 31, 2013.
- German Audiobook Prize 2006 for Best Interpretation
- Brief review of Baba Dunja's last love on popshot.over-blog.de; Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- German Film Prize: "Vincent wants Meer" clears the Lola Awards. In: Spiegel Online . April 8, 2011, accessed June 13, 2016 .
- Ambassador Gourdault-Montagne honors Cinéasten Rois and Buchholz at the Berlinale evening , French. Embassy Berlin February 12, 2014
- New members of the Akademie der Künste , Akademie der Künste, July 7, 2017, accessed on July 9, 2017.
- Eysoldt-Ring goes to Sophie Rois. In: Tagesspiegel. December 5, 2017, accessed December 6, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian actress and singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 1, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz , Upper Austria|