Wuttke began his actor training at the Puppet Theater College in Bochum and then switched to the Westphalian Drama School in Bochum. He played in numerous German theaters such as the Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxembourg-Platz Berlin, the Berliner Ensemble , the schaubühne , the Schiller Theater in Berlin , the Deutsches Theater in Berlin , the Deutsches Schauspielhaus in Hamburg, the Theater of the West Berlin, the Thalia -Theater Hamburg, at the Staatstheater Stuttgart , the Freie Volksbühne Berlin and at the Schauspiel Frankfurt .
From 1995 to 1996 he briefly succeeded Heiner Müller , Fritz Marquardt , Matthias Langhoff , Peter Palitzsch and Peter Zadek as artistic director of the Berliner Ensemble. There was also one of his most successful works: In The resistible rise of Arturo Ui by Bertolt Brecht , directed by Heiner Müller he plays since 1995 in the title role and brought it so far to over four hundred performances that are still largely sold out. In Heiner Müller's piece Quartet he was on stage with Marianne Hoppe in a two-person piece. Since 1999 he has mainly worked at the Volksbühne on Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz in Berlin. He worked under the direction of Frank Castorf , Christoph Schlingensief , Christoph Marthaler and René Pollesch . Martin Wuttke has been a member of the Vienna Burgtheater ensemble since 2009 . In March 2010 he played the role of Christian under the direction of Thomas Vinterberg in the play The Burial , written with his co-author Mogens Rukov .
From 2008 to 2015, Wuttke and Simone Thomalla formed the Leipzig investigator duo Saalfeld and Keppler in the crime scene of the Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk . With the 700th official Tatort episode, which was broadcast under the name Death Penalty , he celebrated his debut as a crime scene investigator on May 25, 2008 and after 21 episodes he said goodbye to the crime scene on April 26, 2015 with Niedere Instinkte . In 2009 Wuttke starred Adolf Hitler in Quentin Tarantino's film Inglourious Basterds .
In addition to his theater and film work, Wuttke lends his voice to radio plays, for example for the author's production for the West German radio station Gott in der Fall von Jens Rachut , directed by the author in 2011.
Since 1996 he has been a member of the Berlin Academy of the Arts .
Martin Wuttke lived with the actress Margarita Broich , his son from his first marriage and their two sons Hans and Franz Broich-Wuttke in Berlin. In July 2018, the couple announced their mutual separation.
- 1992: Boy Gobert Prize from the Körber Foundation
- 1995: Gertrud-Eysoldt-Ring
- 1995 and 2003: Actor of the Year from the theater magazine Theater heute
- 2010: Nestroy Theater Prize for his portrayals of Christian in Das Burgtheater and in Beijing Opel at the Akademietheater
- 2011: German Theater Prize Der Faust in the category "Actor Actor" for the play Throw your Ego away! directed by René Pollesch
- 2013: Stanislawski Prize
- 2015: Nestroy Theater Prize for his portrayals of John Gabriel Borkman in John Gabriel Borkman at the Akademietheater in coproduction with the Wiener Festwochen and the Theater Basel
- 1985: Title role in Hamlet by William Shakespeare, director: Holger Berg, Schauspiel Frankfurt
- 1995: The resilient rise of Arturo Ui by Bertolt Brecht, director: Heiner Müller, Berliner Ensemble
- 2011: Village teacher Michael Vasiljevic Platonov in Platonov by Anton Chekhov , director: Alvis Hermanis , Akademietheater Vienna
- 2015: Splendor and misery of courtesans by René Pollesch based on Honoré de Balzac , text and direction: René Pollesch, Volksbühne Berlin
- 2015: From someone who moved out because he could no longer afford the rent by René Pollesch and Dirk von Lowtzow, text and direction: René Pollesch, lyrics and composition: Dirk von Lowtzow, Volksbühne Berlin
- 1995: First Love by Samuel Beckett , Berliner Ensemble
- 1996: Germania III / Gespenster am Toten Mann by Heiner Müller, Berliner Ensemble
- 1997: Quartet by Heiner Müller, Scuola d'Arte Drammatica Paolo Grassi, Milan
- 1999: Artaud remembers Hitler and the Romanesque Cafe by Tom Peuckert, Berliner Ensemble
- 2002: Podpolje. Records from the cellar hole after Dostojewski , Neuhardenberg Castle Foundation / Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz
- 2003: Persians after Aeschylus / Durs Grünbein , Stiftung Schloss Neuhardenberg / 3sat / ARTE
- 2004: Solaris after Stanislaw Lem , Stiftung Schloss Neuhardenberg / La Ferme de Buisson, Paris
- 2006: Zarathustra. The characters are on their way. An excursion to Friedrich Nietzsche by and with Jonathan Meese and Martin Wuttke, Stiftung Schloss Neuhardenberg
- 2007: Pffft or The Last Tango on the Phone by George Tabori , Berliner Ensemble
- 2008: Gretchens Faust, Berliner Ensemble
- 2009: Ping Pong d'amour, Munich Kammerspiele
- 2009: The Adventurous Heart: Drugs and Intoxication, Berliner Ensemble
- 2012: Don Juan by René Pollesch, Volksbühne Berlin
- 1991: Buster's Bedroom, directed by Rebecca Horn
- 1997: The 120 days of Bottrop, director: Christoph Schlingensief
- 1998: hostage ride to paradise
- 1998: Tatort - A Touch of Hollywood (TV), director: Urs Odermatt
- 2000: Bella Block : Blinde Liebe (TV), directed by Sherry Hormann
- 2000: The Untouchable , Director: Oskar Roehler
- 2000: The silence after the shot , director: Volker Schlöndorff
- 2003: hamlet X , director: Herbert Fritsch
- 2003: Rosenstrasse , director: Margarethe von Trotta
- 2006: Tatort - Pauline (TV), director: Niki Stein
- 2007: Die Tote vom Deich (TV), director: Matti Geschonneck
- 2007: White Lilies, Director: Christian Frosch
- 2008-2015: Tatort (TV series)
- 2009: Inglourious Basterds , directed by Quentin Tarantino
- 2011: Who is Hanna? (Hanna) , directed by Joe Wright
- 2012: Cloud Atlas , directed by Tom Tykwer , Wachowski-Geschwister
- 2013: George , director: Joachim A. Lang
- 2014: A Most Wanted Man , directed by Anton Corbijn
- 2015: Homeland (TV series, 4 episodes)
- 2015: Colonia Dignidad - There is no turning back (Colonia) , director: Florian Gallenberger
- 2015: Tatort - Who am I?
- 2016: Sense8 (TV series, Christmas special)
- 2016: The Duelist
- 2017: Maximilian - The Game of Power and Love (three-part TV series)
- 2017: I will not be silent
- 2018: Gladbeck
- 2019: A hidden life (A Hidden Life)
- 2019: Ottilie von Faber-Castell - A courageous woman
- 2020: Babylon Berlin , 3rd season
- 1996: Heiner Müller : Ajax for example , directed by Wolfgang Rindfleisch (DLF / MDR)
- 2000: Kerstin Specht : Der Flieger - Director: FM Einheit / Kerstin Specht (radio play - BR)
- 2002: Christoph Schlingensief : Rosebud , director: Christoph Schlingensief (WDR)
- 2006: Paul Plamper , James Graham Ballard : Skyscraper, parts 1–3 , directed by Paul Plamper (WDR)
- 2008: Paul Plamper: RUHE 1 , director: Paul Plamper (WDR / Museum Ludwig)
- 2014: Walt Whitman : Children of Adam. Children of Adam. - Translation and direction: Kai Grehn ( RB / DKultur / SWR ) Audiobook Hamburg, ISBN 978-3-89903-914-6
- 2015: Anna Seghers : The Seventh Cross , Berlin: Der Audio Verlag, 11 CDs, 911 min, ISBN 978-3-86231-588-8
- 2016: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry : The Little Prince (als Flieger) - translation, adaptation and direction: Kai Grehn ( WDR ) audio book Hamburg / Silberfisch, ISBN 978-3-86742-309-0
- Stephan Suschke (Ed.): Close-up: Martin Wuttke. Theater work with Schleef, Müller, Castorf, Pollesch. Alexander Verlag, Berlin 2008, ISBN 3-89581-164-5 .
- Salzburg Festival : Lulu
- Simone Thomalla and Martin Wuttke determine ( Memento from May 30, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) page of the mdr
- Thomalla and Wuttke: That's why they were fired. hna.de, January 22, 2014, accessed February 1, 2014 .
- Martin Wuttke in the Prisma Star Guide
- Dorrit Riege: From the hamster wheel of life , Die Welt, February 26, 2012.
- "We are still closely connected". Spiegel Online, July 30, 2018, accessed December 7, 2018.
- Focus online January 17, 2013 Theater: Brandauer and Wuttke receive Stanislawski Prize , accessed on January 17, 2013
- Nestroys: Wuttke and Orth are "best actors" . Article dated November 2, 2015, accessed November 2, 2015.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor and director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 8, 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gelsenkirchen|