Margarethe von Trotta
As a stateless person, Margarethe von Trotta spent her childhood and youth with her mother Elisabeth von Trotta , descendant of a German-Baltic noble family, in Düsseldorf . Her father is the painter and illustrator Alfred Roloff . After passing secondary school , she attended high commercial school for two years and then worked in an office. She gained her first film experience in the late 1950s when she was in Paris . She made up her Abitur in 1960 at the Theodor-Fliedner-Gymnasium in Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth and then began to study art in Düsseldorf. She moved to Munich to study German and Romance languages . She also broke off this course in order to take lessons at an acting school. In 1964 she had her first major appearance in Dinkelsbühl . Through her marriage to the publishing editor Jürgen Moeller, she received German citizenship in 1964. Their son Felix comes from this marriage. The marriage ended in divorce in 1969.
After appearances in Stuttgart , she played at the Kleiner Theater am Zoo in Frankfurt am Main in 1969/1970 . During this time she also took on roles in four films by Rainer Werner Fassbinder . In 1971 she married the director Volker Schlöndorff (divorced in 1991).
She has directed it herself since 1977. After separating from Volker Schlöndorff, Margarethe von Trotta first lived in Italy and now in Paris and Munich.
In 1978, together with Alice Schwarzer , Erika Pluhar , Inge Meysel and four other women, she sued unsuccessfully against what they believed to be sexist covers in the tabloid Stern magazine . While this trial was lost, it is considered a popular start in the fight against pornography and misogyny .
At the German Film Prize 2019, the director received the honorary award for her "outstanding services to German film" for her life's work.
- 1967: The wind dries tears ...
- 1968: Do you play with weird birds
- 1969: Arsonist (TV)
- 1969: Baal (TV)
- 1969: pusher (TV)
- 1969: Gods of the plague
- 1970: Munich Central Station - retired inspector D. Kaminski and the Obstructive Child (TV Series)
- 1970: The Commissioner - The little Schubelik
- 1970: The American soldier
- 1970: Warning of a holy hooker
- 1970: The Sudden Wealth of the Poor People of Kombach (also co-script)
- 1971: Paul Esbeck (TV)
- 1971: The inspector - death of a shopkeeper
- 1972: The Moral of Ruth Halbfass (also assistant director)
- 1972: The Case Next Door - Alcoholics
- 1972: Flash in the pan (also co-script)
- 1973: Disaster (TV)
- 1973: A case for Männdli - Die Verrückte
- 1973: The Commissioner - Strange incidents in the house of Professor S.
- 1973: Overnight stay in Tyrol (TV)
- 1974: Motive love - weekend with Waltraut
- 1974: Fantastic Novels - Invitation to the Hunt (TV series)
- 1974: Georgina's reasons (TV)
- 1974: The Andechs feeling
- 1975: The Atlantic swimmers
- 1976: The catch shot (also co-script)
- 1976: Beer fight (TV)
- 1984: Bluebeard (TV)
Direction and script
- 1975: The lost honor of Katharina Blum or: How violence occurs and where it can lead (co-director and co-screenplay)
- 1978: The Second Awakening of Christa Klages (screenplay with Luisa Francia)
- 1979: Sisters or The Balance of Happiness
- 1981: The lead time
- 1983: Hell mad
- 1986: Rosa Luxemburg
- 1988: Felix. 3rd episode: Eva
- 1988: fear and love
- 1990: The Return ( L'Africana )
- 1993: Time of Wrath (Il Lungo silenzio)
- 1995: The Promise
- 1997: Winterkind (TV)
- 1999: Men kiss differently at fifty (TV)
- 1999: Dark Days (TV)
- 2000: anniversaries . From the life of Gesine Cressphal (four-part television film)
- 2003: Rosenstrasse
- 2004: The Other Woman (TV)
- 2006: I am the other
- 2007: Tatort: Between Us
- 2009: Vision - From the life of Hildegard von Bingen
- 2010: The Sister (TV movie)
- 2012: Hannah Arendt
- 2015: The Lost World
- 2017: Forget About Nick
- 2018: In search of Ingmar Bergman
- 1972: German Critics' Prize for flash in the pan
- 1973: Prix Femina at the Festival international du film indépendant de Bruxelles for flash in the pan
- 1974: Prize of the working people of the CSSR for flash in the pan
- 1975: OCIC Prize and CEC Prize at the San Sebastian Film Festival for Katharina Blum's lost honor
- 1978: Otto Dibelius Film Prize of Interfilm at the Berlin International Film Festival for The Second Awakening of Christa Klages
- 1978: Film tape in silver (production) for The Second Awakening of Christa Klages
- 1981: 1st Prize for Sisters at the Sceaux International Film Festival
- 1981: Grand Prize for Sisters at the Hyères International Film Festival
- 1981: German Film Critics' Prize
- 1981: Leone d'oro, Fipresci Prize , OCIC Prize, Prize of the magazine “Cinema Nuovo”, Prize of the Italian National Bank, Director's Prize at the Venice International Film Festival for Die leaderne Zeit
- 1981: Critics' award at the Valladolid International Film Festival for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1981: Golden Hugo at the Chicago International Film Festival for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1982: David di Donatello (Best Foreign Director) for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1982: Federal Film Prize Filmband in Gold for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1982: Critics' Prize for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1984: GDR Critics' Prize for Die Bleierne Zeit
- 1986: Honorary award at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival for Rosa Luxemburg
- 1986: Gold film tape (production) for Rosa Luxemburg
- 1986: Gilde Film Prize for Rosa Luxemburg
- 1987: GDR critic's award for Rosa Luxemburg
- 1993: Grand Prix du Public at the World Film Festival for Time of Anger
- 1995: Bavarian Film Award (director) for The Promise
- 1998: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- 2000: Golden Camera
- 2003: David di Donatello for Rosenstrasse
- 2004: Honorary award from the Hessian Prime Minister for special achievements in the film and TV sector
- 2010: Star on the Boulevard of Stars in Berlin
- 2012: Leo Baeck Medal
- 2013: Honorary award of the Bavarian Prime Minister for life's work on the occasion of the Bavarian Film Award 2012
- 2013: Herbert Strate Prize
- 2017: Helmut Käutner Prize
- 2018: Theodor W. Adorno Prize of the City of Frankfurt am Main
- 2018: German Director Prize Metropolis - Honorary Prize of VG Bildkunst for life's work
- 2019: Honorary Award of the German Film Award 2019
- Antje Kahnt: Düsseldorf's strong women - 30 portraits Droste, Düsseldorf 2016, ISBN 978-3-7700-1577-1 , pp. 169–174.
- Gero von Boehm : Margarethe von Trotta. August 24, 2003 . Interview in: Encounters. Images of man from three decades . Collection Rolf Heyne, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-89910-443-1 , pp. 426-434
- Thilo Wydra : Margarethe von Trotta - Films to survive . Henschel, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-89487-359-0 .
- Thilo Wydra : Rosenstrasse. The history. The backgrounds. The director . Nicolai, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-89479-086-5 .
- Dinara Maglakelidze, "Interview with Margarethe von Trotta, In: National Identities in West German and Georgian Authors' Films, VDM Verlag, Dr. Müller, 2008, ISBN 978-3-8364-9006-1 , pp. 232-239
- Renate Möhrmann : Women are conquering a new place of articulation: the film : In: Hiltrud Gnüg and Renate Möhrmann (eds.): History of women's literature. Writing women from the Middle Ages to the present. JBMetzlersche Verlagsbuchhandlung Stuttgart 1985, ISBN 3 476 00585 2 , pp. 434-452, especially p. 449.
- Literature by and about Margarethe von Trotta in the catalog of the German National Library
- Margarethe von Trotta in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Margarethe von Trotta at filmportal.de (with photo gallery)
- Dorlis Blume: Margarethe von Trotta. Tabular curriculum vitae in the LeMO ( DHM and HdG )
- Margarethe von Trotta. In: FemBio. Women's biography research (with references and citations).
- Margarethe von Trotta on regieguide.de.
- Margarethe von Trotta retrospective 2011/2012 (PDF) in the Munich Film Museum
- Chronicle of the new women's movement ( Memento of the original from June 26, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on Frauenmediaturm.de
- Renate Möhrmann 1985, p. 449.
- Margarethe von Trotta. In: deutsche-filmakademie.de. German Film Academy , accessed March 8, 2019 .
- Mercator Professorship at the UDE, accessed on December 11 at www.uni-due.de
- German Film Prize: "Gundermann" wins , tagesschau.de May 3, 2019, accessed May 4, 2019
- Nominations for the German Director Award METROPOLIS 2018 . Article dated September 21, 2018, accessed September 21, 2018.
- https://www.deutsche-filmakademie.de/app/uploads/sites/3/2019/03/2019-03-06-DFP-2019_Ehrenpreis-an-Margarethe-von-Trotta.pdf accessed on March 6, 20109
|SURNAME||Trotta, Margarethe von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German director and screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 21, 1942|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin , German Empire|