The diseases caused by the Zika virus threaten to develop into a pandemic .
In three terrorist attacks on March 22nd in and near the Belgian capital, Brussels, 32 people were killed and more than 300 injured.
On June 23, the citizens of the vote in the United Kingdom marked orange for the outlet of their country from the European Union .
On July 14th, 86 people died and more than 300 were injured in a terrorist attack in Nice .
On July 15, there is an attempted coup in Turkey against the incumbent President Erdoğan , in which 290 people are killed.
On November 8, is Donald Trump as a candidate of the Republican Party for the 45th President of the USA elected .
|2016 in other calendars|
|From urbe condita||2769|
|- era||4712-4713 or
|- 60 year cycle|
- CCXXIV CCXXV
|- Vikram Sambat||2072-2073|
|- Shaka Samvat||1938-1939|
|- Nengō (era):||Heisei 28|
|- Dangun era||4349|
|- Juche era||105|
|Thai solar calendar||2559|
The year 2016 was marked above all by various terrorist attacks, including in Brussels , Nice and Berlin , the Brexit referendum , the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States and the death of numerous musicians and actors.
Politics and world events
- January 1: The Netherlands takes over the EU Council Presidency .
- January 1: Germany takes over the presidency of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
- January 1: Johann Schneider-Ammann took up the post of Federal President of the Swiss Confederation as scheduled .
- January 2: In Saudi Arabia are 47 people - including the Shiite cleric Nimr al-Nimr - executed. There are protests in numerous countries against the executions and the breakdown of diplomatic relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran .
- January 16: After Iran fulfills its commitments , the sanctions related to the Iranian nuclear program are lifted by the European Union and the United Nations . There is also an exchange of prisoners between the USA and Iran.
- February 1: The WHO calls due to the rapid spread of the Zika virus the international health emergency of.
- February 15: In northern Syria , several schools and hospitals are bombed as part of the fighting that began as a civil war in Syria , killing around 50 civilians and injuring many more.
- February 22nd: Due to the incompatibility of his positions with the "planned tightening of the asylum laws", the German Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy Christoph Strässer announced his resignation at the end of the month.
- March 1: The oral hearing on the second NPD ban proceedings begins before the Federal Constitutional Court .
- March 1st: Super Tuesday in the US; Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are successful in seven states each .
- March 13: State elections in Baden-Württemberg , Rhineland-Palatinate and Saxony-Anhalt
- March 24: The UN war crimes tribunal sentenced Radovan Karadžić to 40 years imprisonment after several years of trial , particularly because of his responsibility for the Srebrenica massacre .
- March 31: A satirical contribution by Jan Böhmermann in a ZDF broadcast triggers an affair with foreign policy implications.
- March 31 to April 1: Nuclear Security Summit in Washington, DC
- April 6: Referendum in the Netherlands on the Association Agreement between the European Union and Ukraine
- May 17: After Werner Faymann's resignation on May 9, Christian Kern becomes the new Austrian Federal Chancellor .
- May 22nd: Alexander Van der Bellen is elected President of Austria in the second ballot ; However, due to numerous irregularities in the counting of votes, the runoff election on July 1, 2016 will be declared invalid by the Austrian Constitutional Court and will have to be repeated.
- 26.-27. May: G7 summit in Ise-Shima (Japan)
- June 1: Opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel and the new Gotthard-South route in Switzerland
- June 2: A cross-party resolution on the genocide of the Armenians is passed in the German Bundestag
- June 23: In a referendum on whether the United Kingdom should remain in the European Union , 51.9% of the British vote to leave the European Union .
- June 26th: Early elections in Spain
- July 1: Slovakia takes over the EU Council Presidency .
- July 1: Latvia becomes the 35th member state of the OECD .
- 8th-9th July: NATO summit in Warsaw (Poland)
- July 13: After David Cameron resigns , Theresa May is appointed British Prime Minister.
- July 15: In Turkey , a coup attempt by sections of the military fails , in which, according to official figures, more than 290 people are killed, mostly civilians. As a result, there is extensive repression by government forces in numerous areas of society; On July 20, President Erdoğan also declared a state of emergency for three months .
- July 19: The Republican Party nominates Donald Trump as a candidate for the US presidential election in November; on July 26th, Hillary Clinton's nomination by the Democratic Party follows .
- August 29: The ceasefire agreement signed on June 22, 2016 in anticipation of a peace treaty between the Colombian government and the FARC-EP guerrilla movement to end the more than 50-year-old civil war in Colombia comes into force.
- August 31: In Brazil , the previous President Dilma Rousseff is relieved of her office.
- September 4: State election in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
- 4th to 5th September: G20 summit in Hangzhou (People's Republic of China)
- September 11th: Local elections in Lower Saxony
- September 18: Election to the Berlin House of Representatives
- September 25: Referendum on “Day of Republika Srpska” in Republika Srpska , Bosnia-Herzegovina , with 99.8% approval for January 9th.
- October 2nd: Failure of the referendum against EU refugee policy in Hungary
- 7-18 November: UN climate conference in Marrakech (Morocco)
- November 8: Presidential election in the United States . Republican Donald Trump receives 302 electoral votes and becomes the 45th US President on January 20, 2017.
- December 4: When the runoff election to determine the Austrian Federal President is repeated , Alexander Van der Bellen wins - as in the previously canceled runoff election - who can increase his lead over Norbert Hofer a little.
- December 5: After the failure of a constitutional referendum he initiated, Italy's Prime Minister Matteo Renzi submits his resignation. He remains in office until December 12th, Paolo Gentiloni is sworn in as the new head of government .
- December 9: South Korean President Park Geun-hye is suspended from her post by the National Assembly as a result of a corruption scandal and weeks of popular demonstrations . Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn then took over the official business.
- December 23: The United Nations Security Council calls on Israel to immediately end the construction of settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories , after the US failed to veto a resolution critical of Israel for the first time in 36 years.
Terrorist attacks (selection)
- January 12: An attack in Istanbul kills twelve people, including eleven German tourists, and injures others.
- February 17: 29 people are killed and more than 60 people injured in a bomb attack in Ankara .
- March 13: 37 people are killed and more than 120 injured in a bomb attack in Ankara.
- March 22: More than 30 people are killed and more than 300 injured in three terrorist attacks in and near the Belgian capital, Brussels .
- March 27: In a suicide bombing of the Jamaat-ul-Ahrar be in Pakistan's Lahore killed at least 74 people and injured about 340th
- April 19: In a suicide attack the Taliban are in the Afghan capital Kabul killed at least 64 people and injured more than 340th
- June 7: 11 people are killed and 36 people injured in a bomb attack in Istanbul.
- June 8: Four people die in an attack in Tel Aviv .
- June 12: 49 people died and 53 were injured in a hostage-taking terrorist attack in a nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
- June 28: 45 people are killed and 238 injured by three suicide bombers in an attack at Istanbul Ataturk Airport .
- 1./2. July: A hostage-taking in Dhaka (Bangladesh) claims 22 victims.
- July 3: More than 290 people are killed and more than 300 injured in a particularly serious bomb attack in Baghdad .
- July 14: 86 people are killed and more than 300 injured in a deliberate drive through a crowd on French National Day in Nice, southeast France .
- July 22: Nine people and the perpetrator himself die in an attack on the Munich Olympic shopping center .
- July 24th: 15 people are injured in the bomb attack in Ansbach , the assassin himself dies in the act.
- August 8: At least 70 people are killed and more than 100 injured in a bomb attack in Quetta, Pakistan .
- August 20: 54 people are killed and 66 injured in a suicide attack on a Kurdish wedding party in Gaziantep, Turkey .
- August 29: At least 50 people are killed in a suicide attack in Aden, Yemen .
- December 11: An attack on a Coptic church in the Egyptian capital Cairo killed 28 people attending a church service.
- December 19: 12 people are killed and more than 50 injured in an attack in Berlin .
Other stops (selection)
- July 7: A young man kills five police officers and injures others in Dallas, Texas .
- July 18: A youth injured five people in an attack on a regional train near Würzburg .
- July 26: A young man stabs at least 19 residents to death in Sagamihara, Japan, and injures numerous others.
- January 3rd: Gary Anderson wins the PDC World Darts Championship
- 14.-17. January: Ski flying world championship 2016 on the Kulm ski flying hill in Bad Mitterndorf - Tauplitz
- 15.-31. January: 12th European Handball Championship in Poland ; Germany becomes European champion .
- 18.-31. January: 104th Australian Open ; The winners in the singles are Angelique Kerber (women) and Novak Đoković (men).
- February 7th: Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara , California
- February 26: Gianni Infantino is elected new FIFA President.
- February 29th to March 13th: 48th Biathlon World Championships in Oslo
- 17. – 20. March: 16th World Indoor Athletics Championships in Portland , Oregon
- March 20 to November 13: The 68th FIM World Motorcycle Championship is held
- March 20 to November 27: The 67th Formula 1 World Championship is held
- 6-22 May: Canada wins the 80th men's ice hockey world championship in Moscow and Saint Petersburg .
- May 8th: 3rd Wings for Life World Run at 34 locations worldwide
- May 9: Michel Platini announces his resignation as UEFA President.
- 9-22 May: 33rd European Swimming Championships in London
- May 21: FC Bayern Munich wins the 73rd final of the men's DFB Cup in Berlin's Olympic Stadium .
- May 23 to June 6: 115th French Open
- May 28: In the finals of the 2015-16 UEFA Champions League in the San Siro in Milan wins Real Madrid against Atletico Madrid .
- June 3: Luis Salom had a serious crash in free practice in Moto2 and succumbed to the injuries a short time later.
- June 10 to July 10: 15th European Men's Football Championship in France ; Portugal becomes European champion .
- June 27 to July 10: 130th Wimbledon Championships ; The winners are Serena Williams and Andy Murray .
- 6-10 July: European Athletics Championships 2016 in Amsterdam
- July 24th: Despite proven state doping in Russia , the IOC allows Russian athletes to participate in the XXXI under certain conditions. Summer Olympics; the whistleblower Julija Stepanowa is not allowed to start.
- July 29th: Bastian Schweinsteiger declares his resignation from the DFB national team .
- 5th - 21st August: XXXI. Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro
- August 15: Lukas Podolski declares his resignation from the DFB national team .
- August 29 to September 11: 135th US Open
- October 16: Marc Márquez wins the MotoGP World Championship for the third time .
- November 27: Nico Rosberg wins his first Formula 1 world title at the season finale at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix .
- 11.-30. November: 2016 World Chess Championship in New York City
- 4th-18th December: 2016 European Women's Handball Championship in Sweden
Culture and society
- 2016: 100 years of Dadaism in Zurich
- 2016: horror clown phenomenon
- January 20: Awarding of the Austrian Film Prize 2016 in Grafenegg
- January 31: World premiere of the opera South Pole by Miroslav Srnka at the Bavarian State Opera
- February 8: Chinese New Year , Year of the Fire Monkey (33rd year in the 78th cycle )
- 11-21 February: Berlin International Film Festival
- February 28: 88th Annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles
- February 29: Equal Care Day is launched
- April 22nd: Opening of the Musée du Bagage in Haguenau
- 10-14 May: 61st Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm , Sweden
- 12-15 May: 24th Düsseldorf Jazz Rally in Düsseldorf
- 20.-29. May: 56th Hessentag in Herborn
- 26.-29. May: 28th Africa Festival in Würzburg
- 26.-29. May: Schlossgrabenfest in Darmstadt
- 3rd to 5th June: 33rd Rhineland-Palatinate Day in Alzey
- 3rd to 5th June: Rock am Ring on the site of the former Bundeswehr airfield in Mendig
- June 18 to July 3: The Floating Piers by Christo on Lake Iseo in northern Italy
- 24.-26. June: Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel
- June 29th to July 3rd: 13th Fusion Festival on the site of the former military airfield in Lärz
- 7th-9th July: Electric Love Festival in Salzburg
- 7-10 July: Rudolstadt Festival in Rudolstadt
- 8-10 July: 25th International Samba Festival in Coburg
- 13-17 July: Breminale - Open Air Culture Festival in Bremen
- 15-16 July: Schlagermove in Hamburg
- 22.-24. July: The festival (open air music festival) in Karlsruhe
- 22.-24. July: 12th Tomorrowland in Boom , Belgium
- 29-31. July: 41st Bardentreffen (open-air music festival) in Nuremberg
- 4th-6th August: Wacken Open Air in Wacken
- 17.-21. August: Gamescom in Cologne
- August 26th to 28th: North Rhine-Westphalia Day in Düsseldorf (70 years of North Rhine-Westphalia )
- 2-4 September: 25th Day of the Saxons in Limbach-Oberfrohna
- 9-11 September: 20th Saxony-Anhalt Day in Sangerhausen
- September 17th to October 3rd: Oktoberfest in Munich
- 1st - 3rd October: Celebrations for the 26th Day of German Unity in Dresden
- 22-25 October: 24th IKA / Culinary Olympics in Erfurt
- December 9: Opening of the Museum of Urban and Contemporary Art in Munich
- January 7th: Orthodox Christmas
- February 12th: Historical meeting between Pope Francis and Patriarch Kyrill I in Cuba
- March 27: Easter
- May 1st: Orthodox Easter
- May 5th: Ascension Day
- May 15: Pentecost
- May 17th: The resignation of the Bishop of Mainz, Karl Cardinal Lehmann , takes effect.
- May 21: Vesakh
- May 21: Kumbh Mela in Ujjain
- 25-29 May: 100th Catholic Day in Leipzig
- May 26th Corpus Christi
- June 9th: Orthodox Ascension Day
- June 19th: Orthodox Pentecost
- June 6th to July 8th: Ramadan
- July: 31st World Youth Day of the Roman Catholic Church in Krakow
- SEPTEMBER 4: Canonization of Mother Teresa by Pope Francis in Rome
- September 12: Islamic Festival of Sacrifice
- October 12: Yom Kippur
- October 30: Diwali
- December 25 to January 1, 2017: Hanukkah
- 15.-24. January: International Green Week Berlin
- 20.-23. January: World Economic Forum in Davos , Switzerland
- 14.-18. March: CeBIT ; Information technology fair in Hanover
- 25-29 April: Hanover Fair
- JULY 12: The Higher Regional Court Dusseldorf is in a rapid determination of Sigmar Gabriel granted ministerial approval from March 2016 for the acquisition of Kaiser's Tengelmann by Edeka initially suspended by states: "Permission legally it after a preliminary examination in Urgent procedure as unlawful. "
- 2nd-7th September: International radio exhibition in Berlin
- 22-29 September: International Motor Show for Commercial Vehicles in Hanover
- November 8th to December 31st: Demonetization in India : In a large-scale exchange campaign, all 500 and 1000 rupee banknotes have to be exchanged for new bills.
science and technology
- March 12th: The specialized computer program AlphaGo succeeds in outclassing one of the world's best Go players in a series of competitions against Lee Sedol .
- Queensland government classifies the Bramble Cay mosaic tail rat as extinct based on scientific research. It is said to be the first mammal species to become extinct due to climate change. June 7: The
- June 20th: The Sunway TaihuLight is declared the fastest computer in the world. It is the first computer capable of running at 125.436 petaflops / sec. execute more than 100 petaflops per second.
Astronomy and astrophysics
- January 20: According to a related publication by Konstantin Batygin and Michael E. Brown , there is increasing speculation about the existence of a ninth planet .
- February 11: Announcement of the first direct evidence of gravitational waves
- Total solar eclipse on March 9th; visible in the Indian Ocean, Sumatra, the Pacific and Micronesia
- Annular solar eclipse on September 1st; visible in Gabon, Tanzania, Mozambique, Madagascar and Reunion Island
- Penumbral eclipse ( lunar eclipse ) on September 16
- The next outbreak of the quasar and binary black hole OJ 287
- Mercury transit in front of the Sun on May 9th
- earthquake in Taiwan . February 6: At least 115 people are killed and 550 people injured in an
- 19./20. February: The strongest cyclone ever recorded in the southern hemisphere wreaked havoc on the Fiji islands in particular ; at least 42 people die in Fiji.
- 14.-16. April: More than 40 people die and more than 1,500 are injured in a series of earthquakes in Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan .
- April 16: Severe earthquake strikes western Ecuador, killing more than 650 people and injuring more than 27,000 people; other people are still missing.
- 29./30. May: In severe storms, especially in southwest Germany, several people die and high property damage occurs.
- June 1st: In Lower Bavaria, seven people are killed in floods and millions of euros are lost.
- August 24: At least 290 people are killed and more than 350 injured in an earthquake in central Italy .
- Early October: Hurricane Matthew kills over 1,000 people in Central America.
- railway accident near Bad Aibling, eleven people are killed and 85 people injured. February 9: In a
- March 19: When a Flydubai plane crashes at Rostov-on-Don airport, all 62 people on board die .
- Abu Nawal ) capsizes when migrants transfer on the Mediterranean Sea off Egypt and about 500 people drown. April 9: A trawler (presumably the
- April 10: More than 100 people are killed and several hundred injured in an explosion near a Hindu temple in the southern Indian state of Kerala .
- April 29: The thirteen people on board are killed in a helicopter accident west of Bergen in Norway .
- May 19: All 66 people on board die as a result of an EgyptAir plane crashing over the Mediterranean Sea .
- 20 June: After the sinking of the ferry Sinar Bangun V on Lake Toba in Indonesia 192 people are missing.
- July 12: 23 people die and 54 are injured in a head-on collision between two trains in Apulia, south-east Italy .
- July 30: A hot air balloon crash south of Austin, Texas, kills all 16 people on board.
- August 27: 17 people died in a warehouse fire in Moscow .
- October 21: Around 70 people die in a railway accident in Cameroon , and another 300 people are injured.
- November 28: 71 people die in a plane crash in Colombia .
- warehouse fire in Oakland on the sidelines of an electronic party. December 2: 36 people are killed in a
- plane crashes in Pakistan . December 7: All 48 people die on board when a
- December 25: When a plane belonging to the Russian Ministry of Defense crashes in southern Russia, all 92 people on board, including 64 of the 67 members of the Alexandrov Ensemble, die .
The announcement of the 2016 Nobel Prize winners took place from October 3rd to October 10th and October 13th (literature). The awards took place on December 10, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death , in Stockholm and Oslo (Nobel Peace Prize only).
- Physiology or medicine : Yoshinori Ōsumi "for his discoveries of the mechanisms of autophagy ".
- Physics : David J. Thouless , F. Duncan M. Haldane and John M. Kosterlitz "for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter"
- Chemistry : Jean-Pierre Sauvage , Fraser Stoddart and Ben Feringa "for the design and synthesis of molecular machines "
- Literature : Bob Dylan "for his poetic new creations in the great American song tradition".
- Peace : Juan Manuel Santos "for his determined efforts to end more than 50 years of civil war in the country"
- Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize for Economics : Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmström "for their contributions to contract theory "
- January 23: 150th anniversary of the death of the German garden and landscape architect Peter Joseph Lenné
- February 19: 100th anniversary of the death of the Austrian physicist Ernst Mach
- February 21: 100th anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of Verdun
- March 3rd: 200th birthday of the Sorbian scientist, writer and editor Jan Arnošt Smoler
- March 4th: 100th anniversary of the death of the German painter Franz Marc
- March 11: 100th birthday of British politician and Prime Minister Harold Wilson
- April 5: 100th birthday of American actor Gregory Peck
- April 21: 750 years of Arnstadt town charter through the Hersfeld Abbey
- April 24: 100th anniversary of the Easter Rising in Ireland
- May 1: 100th birthday of American actor Glenn Ford
- May 11: 100th anniversary of the death of the German astronomer Karl Schwarzschild
- May 16: 100th anniversary of the Sykes-Picot Agreement
- June 8: 100th birthday of the English physicist and biochemist Francis Crick
- June 14: 150th anniversary of the start of the German War (German Bundestag approves the mobilization of the federal troops against Prussia.)
- 22.-24. July: 500th anniversary of the Bavarian Purity Law
- June 24: 100th anniversary of the beginning of the Battle of the Somme
- July 1: British-American actress Olivia de Havilland's 100th birthday
- July 9: 100th birthday of British politician and Prime Minister Edward Heath
- July 16: 800th anniversary of the death of Pope Innocent III.
- July 21: 200th birthday of the German-British entrepreneur Paul Julius Reuter
- July 23: 100th anniversary of the death of British chemist and Nobel Prize winner William Ramsay
- August 23: 150th anniversary of the Peace of Prague and the formal dissolution of the German Confederation in Augsburg under pressure from Prussia after the defeat of the federal troops
- September 11th: 200th birthday of the German entrepreneur Carl Zeiss
- October 26: 100th birthday of the French politician François Mitterrand
- November 14: 300th anniversary of the death of the German polymath (mathematician, physicist, historian, philosopher, diplomat and political advisor) Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
- November 21: 100th anniversary of the death of the Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph I.
- December 9: 100th birthday of American actor Kirk Douglas
- December 13: 200th birthday of the German inventor Werner von Siemens
- December 19: 200th birthday of the Austrian confectioner Franz Sacher
- 400th anniversary of the beginning of the Qing Dynasty in China (1616–1911)
- Science Year 2016 - Our oceans, your future
- International Year of Global Understanding (IYGU) (Science Year of Geography), proclaimed by the world umbrella organizations of the natural, social and human sciences
- International year of the legumes
- The goldfinch ( Carduelis carduelis ) is bird of the year .
- The pike ( Esox lucius ) is fish of the year ( Deutscher Angelfischerverband DAFV).
- The fire salamander ( Salamandra salamandra ) is Lurch of the year .
- The gooseberry spider ( Abraxas grossulariata ) is butterfly of the year ( Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland Bund).
- The winter linden ( Tilia cordata ) is tree of the year (Kuratorium Tree of the Year).
- The real cowslip ( Primula veris ) is Flower of the Year ( Nature and Plants Foundation ).
- The Lilastiel red chalk knight ( Lepista saeva ) is mushroom of the year ( German Society for Mycology ).
For the detailed list of the deceased see Nekrolog 2016 .
- Vilmos Zsigmond , Hungarian-American cameraman (* 1930) January 1:
- Michel Delpech , French chansonnier (* 1946) January 2:
- Nimr al-Nimr , Saudi Arabian clergyman and civil rights activist (* 1959) January 2:
- Paul Bley , Canadian jazz pianist and composer (* 1932) January 3:
- Peter Naur , Danish computer scientist (* 1928) January 3:
- Michel Galabru , French actor and comedian (* 1922) January 4th:
- Maja Maranow , German actress (* 1961) January 4th:
- Achim Mentzel , German musician and television presenter (* 1946) January 4:
- Pierre Boulez , French conductor and composer (* 1925) January 5:
- Rudolf Haag , German physicist (* 1922) January 5:
- André Courrèges , French designer (* 1923) January 7th:
- Hansrudi Wäscher , German comic artist and author (* 1928) January 7th:
- Elmar Hillebrand , German sculptor (* 1925) January 8:
- January 10: David Bowie , British singer and musician (born 1947)
- January 11th: Anke Martiny , German politician and publicist (* 1939)
- January 12th: Ruth Leuwerik , German actress (* 1924)
- January 14th: Franco Citti , Italian actor (* 1935)
- January 14th: Alan Rickman , British actor and director (born 1946)
- January 16: Wolfgang Schnur , German lawyer and politician (* 1944)
- January 17th: Gottfried Honegger , Swiss visual artist (* 1917)
- January 18: Glenn Frey , American rock musician (* 1948)
- January 18: Michel Tournier , French writer (* 1924)
- January 19: Andreas Buro , German political scientist (* 1928)
- January 19: Ettore Scola , Italian film director and screenwriter (* 1931)
- January 20: George Weidenfeld , British-Austrian publisher and columnist (* 1919)
- January 21: Anton-Wolfgang Graf von Faber-Castell , German entrepreneur (* 1941)
- January 22nd: Elisa Soteldo , Venezuelan singer, pianist and music teacher (* 1922)
- January 24th: Fredrik Barth , Norwegian cultural anthropologist (* 1928)
- January 24th: Marvin Minsky , American cognitive scientist (* 1927)
- January 26th: Doris Abeßer , German actress (* 1935)
- January 26th: Black , British singer (born 1962)
- January 26: Abe Vigoda , American actor (* 1921)
- January 27: Artur Fischer , German entrepreneur and inventor (* 1919)
- January 29th: Jacques Rivette , French film director (* 1928)
- January 29th: Wolbert Klaus Smidt , German secret service agent and publicist (* 1936)
- January 30th: Frank Finlay , British actor (born 1926)
- January 31: Wolfgang Rademann , German television producer (* 1934)
- Maurice White , American musician (* 1941) February 3:
- Edgar Mitchell , American astronaut (* 1930) February 4:
- Haro Senft , German filmmaker (* 1928) February 4:
- Roger Willemsen , German publicist and television presenter (* 1955) February 7:
- Zdravko Tolimir , Bosnian-Serbian war criminal (* 1948) February 9:
- February 10: Günter Schröter , German football player (* 1927)
- February 13: Trifon Ivanov , Bulgarian football player (* 1965)
- February 13: Antonin Scalia , American federal judge (* 1936)
- February 14: Hein Kröher , German singer and songwriter (* 1927)
- February 15: George Gaynes , American actor (born 1917)
- February 16: Boutros Boutros-Ghali , Egyptian diplomat and politician (* 1922)
- February 17: Andrzej Żuławski , Polish film director and author (* 1940)
- February 19: Umberto Eco , Italian philosopher and writer (* 1932)
- February 19: Harper Lee , American writer (* 1926)
- February 22nd: Douglas Slocombe , British cameraman (born 1913)
- February 22nd: Erika Stiska , German actress (* 1926)
- February 23: Peter Lustig , German television presenter and author (* 1937)
- February 25: Viktoras Ašmenskas , Lithuanian engineer, glider pilot, pilot and resistance fighter (* 1912)
- February 26: Karl Dedecius , German writer and translator (* 1921)
- February 26: Stefan Lisewski , German actor (* 1933)
- February 27: Claude Parent , French architect (* 1923)
- February 27: Lúcio Lara , Angolan politician (* 1929)
- February 28: George Kennedy , American actor (born 1925)
- February 29: Hannes Löhr , German soccer player and coach (* 1942)
- Franz Mußner , German theologian and author (* 1916) March 3:
- Nikolaus Harnoncourt , Austrian cellist and conductor (* 1929) March 5:
- Ray Tomlinson , American computer scientist (* 1941) March 5:
- Nancy Reagan , American first lady (* 1921) March 6:
- George Martin , British music producer and musician (* 1926) March 8:
- Naná Vasconcelos , Brazilian jazz musician (* 1944) March 9:
- March 10: Ken Adam , German-British production designer (* 1921)
- March 10: Keith Emerson , British musician (* 1944)
- March 11: Peter Conradi , German politician (* 1932)
- March 12: Lloyd S. Shapley , American economist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1923)
- March 13: Hilary Putnam , American philosopher (* 1926)
- March 14: Peter Maxwell Davies , British composer (* 1934)
- March 15: Hans Krollmann , German politician and state minister (* 1929)
- March 16: Frank Sinatra junior , American musician (* 1944)
- March 17: Rudolf Waldemar Brem , German actor (* 1948)
- March 17: Meir Dagan , Israeli general and head of the secret service (* 1945)
- March 17: Ingeborg Hansen , German painter and art teacher (* 1934)
- March 17th: Hugo Strasser , German clarinetist and band leader (* 1922)
- March 18: Lothar Späth , German politician and Prime Minister (* 1937)
- March 18: Guido Westerwelle , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1961)
- March 20: Anker Jørgensen , Danish politician and Prime Minister (* 1922)
- March 21: Andrew Grove , American entrepreneur (* 1936)
- March 23: Ken Howard , American actor (* 1944)
- March 24th: Roger Cicero , German jazz singer (* 1970)
- March 24th: Johan Cruyff , Dutch football player and coach (* 1947)
- March 24: Garry Shandling , American actor and comedian (* 1949)
- March 27: Abraham Ashkenasi , American political scientist (* 1934)
- March 29: Patty Duke , American actress and singer (* 1946)
- March 30: Howard Cable , Canadian conductor, arranger and composer (* 1920)
- March 31: Georges Cottier , Swiss Cardinal (* 1922)
- March 31: Hans-Dietrich Genscher , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1927)
- March 31: Zaha Hadid , Iraqi-British architect (* 1950)
- March 31: Imre Kertész , Hungarian writer and Nobel Prize winner (* 1929)
- Lars Gustafsson , Swedish writer (* 1936) April 3:
- Cesare Maldini , Italian football player and coach (* 1932) April 3:
- Kōji Wada , Japanese singer (* 1974) April 3:
- Merle Haggard , American country musician (* 1937) April 6:
- Hendrikje Fitz , German actress (* 1961) April 7th:
- April 12: Arnold Wesker , British writer and playwright (* 1932)
- April 13: Gerd Fuchs , German writer (* 1932)
- April 17: Doris Roberts , American actress (* 1925)
- April 18: Brian Asawa , American countertenor (born 1966)
- April 18: Cox Habbema , Dutch actress (* 1944)
- April 18: Fritz Herkenrath , German football player (* 1928)
- April 19: Patricio Aylwin , Chilean politician and President (* 1918)
- April 19: Karl-Heinz von Hassel , German actor (* 1939)
- April 19: Walter Kohn , American physicist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1923)
- April 20: Chyna , American wrestler and actress (* 1969)
- April 20: Guy Hamilton , British film director (* 1922)
- April 21: Hans Koschnick , German politician (* 1929)
- April 21: Prince , American singer and musician (* 1958)
- April 24th: George Pieterson , Dutch clarinetist (* 1942)
- April 24: Klaus Siebert , German biathlete and biathlon trainer (* 1955)
- April 24th: Papa Wemba , Congolese singer and musician (* 1949)
- April 25: Wolfgang Rohde , German musician (* 1950)
- April 25: Rudolf Wessely , Austrian actor (* 1925)
- April 26: Arne Elsholtz , German voice actor and director (* 1944)
- April 27: Wolfgang Hess , Swiss voice actor and actor (* 1937)
- April 27: Horst Tautenhahn , German football player (* 1937)
- April 28: Georg Kronawitter , German politician and Lord Mayor (* 1928)
- April 30th: Marisol Escobar , American visual artist (* 1930)
- April 30: Uwe Friedrichsen , German actor (* 1934)
- April 30th: Harold Kroto , British chemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1939)
- April 30th: Walter Schädlich , German handball player and coach (* 1922)
- Ursula Mamlok , German-American composer (* 1923) May 4:
- Isao Tomita , Japanese composer (* 1932) May 5:
- Klaus Ampler , German cyclist (* 1940) May 6:
- Margot Honecker , German politician and minister (* 1927) May 6:
- William Schallert , American actor (* 1922) May 8:
- Walther Leisler Kiep , German politician and state minister (* 1926) May 9:
- May 10: Thomas Luckmann , German-American sociologist (* 1927)
- May 11: Peter Behrens , German musician (* 1947)
- May 14: Engelbert "Berti" Kraus , German football player (* 1934)
- May 14: André Wicky , Swiss automobile racing driver and racing team owner (* 1928)
- May 15: Erika Berger , German TV presenter and author (* 1939)
- May 16: Moidele Bickel , German costume designer (* 1937)
- May 18: Fritz Stern , American historian (* 1926)
- May 19: Alexandre Astruc , French film director and writer (* 1923)
- May 24th: Burt Kwouk , British film actor (born 1930)
- May 26: Loris Francesco Capovilla , Italian cardinal (* 1915)
- May 31: Mohamed Abdelaziz , Moroccan-Sahrawi politician (* 1947)
- May 31: Corry Brokken , Dutch singer (* 1932)
- May 31: Rupert Neudeck , German journalist and human rights activist (* 1939)
- Muhammad Ali , American boxer (* 1942) June 3:
- June 3: Luis Salom , Spanish motorcycle racer (* 1991)
- Jerome Bruner , American psychologist (* 1915) June 5:
- Viktor Korchnoi , Soviet-Swiss chess player (* 1931) June 6:
- Peter Shaffer , British playwright (* 1926) June 6:
- Pierre Aubert , Swiss politician (* 1927) June 8:
- ≈8. June: Sascha Lewandowski , German soccer coach (* 1971)
- June 10: Gordie Howe , Canadian ice hockey player (born 1928)
- June 10: Christina Grimmie , American singer (* 1994)
- June 11: Rudi Altig , German cyclist (* 1937)
- June 12: Fabrizio Pirovano , Italian motorcycle racer (* 1960)
- June 12: George Voinovich , American politician (* 1936)
- June 14th: Ann Guilbert , American actress (* 1928)
- June 15: Ruth Epting , German-speaking Protestant clergyman and women's activist (* 1919)
- June 15: Klaus Hänel , German football player (* 1936)
- June 16: Jo Cox , British politician (* 1974)
- June 19: Götz George , German actor (* 1938)
- June 19: Anton Yelchin , American film actor (* 1989)
- June 20: Benoîte Groult , French writer (* 1920)
- June 25: Manfred Deix , Austrian cartoonist and author (* 1949)
- June 26: Jürgen von Beckerath , German Egyptologist (* 1920)
- June 27: Bud Spencer , Italian actor (born 1929)
- June 27: Alvin Toffler , American futurologist and publicist (* 1928)
- June 28: Scotty Moore , American musician (* 1931)
- June 28: Pat Summitt , American basketball player and coach (* 1952)
- Yves Bonnefoy , French poet and essayist (* 1923) July 1:
- Michael Cimino , American film director (* 1939) July 2:
- Rudolf Kálmán , American mathematician (* 1930) July 2:
- Michel Rocard , French politician (* 1930) July 2nd:
- Elie Wiesel , American writer and publicist (* 1928) July 2:
- Markus Werner , Swiss writer (* 1944) July 3:
- Abbas Kiarostami , Iranian film director (* 1940) July 4th:
- Martina Servatius , German actress (* 1954) July 4th:
- Werner Schinko , German graphic artist and illustrator (* 1929) July 5:
- Turgay Şeren , Turkish football player and coach (* 1932) July 7th:
- Wolfram Siebeck , German gastronomy critic and author (* 1928) July 7th:
- Abdul Sattar Edhi , Pakistani philanthropist (* 1928) July 8:
- William Hardy McNeill , American historian and author (* 1917) July 8:
- July 10: Katharina Focke , German politician and Federal Minister (* 1922)
- July 11th: Jana Thiel , German sports journalist and presenter (* 1971)
- July 12: Goran Hadžić , Croatian-Serbian politician (* 1958)
- July 12: Miriam Pielhau , German presenter and author (* 1975)
- July 13: Héctor Babenco , Argentinian-Brazilian film director (* 1946)
- July 13: Bernardo Provenzano , Italian criminal (* 1933)
- July 14: Péter Esterházy , Hungarian writer (* 1950)
- July 17: Dieter Biallas , German mathematician and Senator from Hamburg (* 1936)
- July 17: Paul Johnson , American ice hockey player (born 1937)
- July 18: Sigi Maron , Austrian singer-songwriter (* 1944)
- July 19: Bommi Baumann , German author and ex-terrorist (* 1947)
- July 19: Garry Marshall , American film director (* 1934)
- July 20: Peter Velhorn , German football player and coach (* 1932)
- July 22nd: Ursula Franklin , German-Canadian physicist (* 1921)
- July 23: Thorbjörn Fälldin , Swedish politician and Prime Minister (* 1926)
- July 25: Halil İnalcık , Turkish historian (* 1916)
- July 25: Tim LaHaye , American preacher and author (born 1926)
- July 26th: Gertraude Nath-Krüger , German painter and graphic artist (* 1933)
- July 27: Piet de Jong , Dutch politician (* 1915)
- July 27: Einojuhani Rautavaara , Finnish composer (* 1928)
- July 28: Jacqueline Crevoisier , Swiss writer and translator (* 1942)
- July 29th: Peter Sadlo , German percussionist (* 1962)
- July 30th: Gloria DeHaven , American actress (born 1925)
- July 30th: Angelika Schrobsdorff , German writer (* 1927)
- July 31: Felix Mathias Auer , Swiss economist, journalist and politician (* 1925)
- July 31: Chiyonofuji Mitsugu , Japanese sumo wrestler (* 1955)
- July 31: Fasil Iskander , Abkhazian writer (* 1929)
- July 31: Seymour Papert , American mathematician and learning theorist (* 1928)
- David Huddleston , American actor (born 1930) August 2:
- Cardinal Franciszek Macharski , Polish clergyman, Archbishop of Krakow (* 1927) August 2:
- Kurt Weiler , German animation director (* 1921) August 2nd:
- Ahmed Zewail , Egyptian chemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1946) August 2:
- Karl Bögelein , German football player and coach (* 1927) August 9:
- Ernst Neiswestny , Russian sculptor (* 1925) August 9:
- Gerhard Tötschinger , Austrian actor, artistic director, author and presenter (* 1946) August 9:
- August 13: Kenny Baker , British actor (born 1934)
- August 14: Hermann Kant , German writer and cultural functionary (* 1926)
- August 16: João Havelange , Brazilian football official (* 1916)
- August 17th: Arthur Hiller , Canadian film director (* 1923)
- August 18: Ernst Nolte , German historian and philosopher (* 1923)
- August 18: Oliver Rath , German photographer (* 1978)
- August 20: Lothar Kusche , German writer and satirist (* 1929)
- August 20: Kurt Tittel , German sports doctor (* 1920)
- August 22: Sellapan Ramanathan , Singaporean politician and president (* 1924)
- August 22nd: Toots Thielemans , Belgian jazz musician (* 1922)
- August 23: Steven Hill , American actor (born 1922)
- August 23: Reinhard Selten , German economist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1930)
- August 24th: Michel Butor , French writer (* 1926)
- August 24: Walter Scheel , German politician and Federal President (* 1919)
- August 24: Roger Tsien , American biochemist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1952)
- August 24: Henning Voscherau , German politician (* 1941)
- August 25: James Cronin , American physicist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1931)
- August 25: Sonia Rykiel , French fashion designer (* 1930)
- August 25: Rudy Van Gelder , American jazz sound engineer (* 1924)
- August 29: Bronisław Baczko , Polish-Swiss philosopher (* 1924)
- August 29: Gene Wilder , American actor and comedian (* 1933)
- August 30: Věra Čáslavská , Czechoslovak artistic gymnast (* 1942)
- August 30th: Marc Riboud , French photographer (* 1923)
- Jon Polito , American actor (born 1950) September 1:
- Islom Karimov , Uzbek politician and President (* 1938) September 2:
- Jean-Christophe Yoccoz , French mathematician (* 1957) September 3:
- Nené , Brazilian soccer player and coach (* 1942) September 3:
- Klaus Traube , German environmental researcher (* 1928) September 4:
- Hugh O'Brian , American actor (born 1925) September 5:
- Phyllis Schlafly , American political activist (* 1924) September 5:
- Lilian Uchtenhagen , Swiss politician (* 1928) September 6th:
- Erich Storz , German singer and music producer (* 1927) September 9:
- Jörg Zink , German theologian (* 1922) September 9:
- September 10: Jutta Limbach , German lawyer and politician (* 1934)
- September 10: Horst Linde , German architect and urban planner (* 1912)
- September 14th: Hilmar Thate , German actor (* 1931)
- September 15: Rolf Losansky , German director (* 1931)
- September 16: Tarık Akan , Turkish actor (* 1949)
- September 16: Edward Albee , American writer and playwright (* 1928)
- September 16: Carlo Azeglio Ciampi , Italian politician and President (* 1920)
- September 16: António Mascarenhas Monteiro , Cape Verdean President (* 1944)
- September 17: Günter-Peter Ploog , German sports journalist and TV producer (* 1948)
- September 19: Karl Dietrich Bracher , German political scientist and historian (* 1922)
- September 20: Curtis Hanson , American film director (* 1945)
- September 21: Donald Arthur , American voice actor (* 1937)
- September 21: Klaus Harpprecht , German journalist and book author (* 1927)
- September 23: Max Mannheimer , German Holocaust survivor (* 1920)
- September 25: Hans Korte , German actor and voice actor (* 1929)
- September 25: Arnold Palmer , American professional golfer (* 1929)
- September 27: Scooter Patrick , American racing driver (* 1932)
- September 28: Shimon Peres , Israeli politician and President (* 1923)
- September 30th: Paul Frantz , French soccer coach, player and official and educator (* 1927)
- Neville Marriner , British conductor (* 1924) October 2:
- Michal Kováč , Slovak politician (* 1930) October 5:
- Barbara Kisseler , German politician (* 1949) October 7:
- October 10: Tamme Hanken , German healer and horse whisperer (* 1960)
- October 11: Günter Delling , German pathologist (* 1941)
- October 12: Jaber al-Bakr , Syrian terror suspect (* 1994)
- October 12: Gudrun Piper , German painter (* 1917)
- October 13: Dario Fo , Italian theater director, actor and Nobel Prize winner (* 1926)
- October 13: Bhumibol Adulyadej , King of Thailand from 1946 to 2016 (* 1927)
- October 14: Pierre Étaix , French clown, actor, illustrator, film director and author (* 1928)
- October 16: Jerzy Tuszewski , Polish journalist, documentary filmmaker, playwright, radio and theater director and producer of documentaries (* 1931)
- October 18: Dieter Hömig , German constitutional judge (* 1938)
- October 19: Wolfgang Throll , German politician (* 1930)
- October 20: Manfred Durban , singer from Flippers (* 1942)
- October 20: Uwe Dreher , German soccer player (* 1960)
- October 20: Simone Schaller , American athlete (* 1912)
- October 21: Manfred Krug , German actor, singer and writer (* 1937)
- October 21: C. Peter Wagner , American theologian, Protestant missionary, missiologist and church building specialist (* 1930)
- October 23: Ricardo Lindo Fuentes , Salvadoran poet, storyteller, playwright and essayist (* 1947)
- October 24th: Reinhard Häfner , German soccer player and coach (* 1952)
- October 25: Paul Vincent , German guitarist (* 1950)
- October 27: Karl Heinz Oppel , German actor and voice actor (* 1924)
- October 27: Nelson Pinedo , Colombian singer (* 1928)
- October 30: Hermann Motschach , German actor and translator (* 1926)
- October 30: Gustava Schefer-Viëtor , German educator, educationalist, gender researcher and feminist (* 1932)
- Oleg Popow , Russian clown and pantomime (* 1930) November 2:
- Zoltán Kocsis , Hungarian pianist, conductor and composer (* 1952) November 6:
- Leonard Cohen , Canadian singer, poet and writer (* 1934) November 7th:
- Janet Reno , American politician (* 1938) November 7th:
- November 11: Ilse Aichinger , Austrian writer (* 1921)
- November 13th: Enzo Maiorca , Italian freediver (* 1931)
- November 15: Ada Pace , Italian racing driver (* 1924)
- November 15: Sixto Durán Ballén , Ecuadorian politician (* 1921)
- November 20: William Trevor , Irish writer (* 1928)
- November 21: Matthias Mauritz , German soccer player (* 1924)
- November 25th: Fidel Castro , Cuban revolutionary and President (* 1926)
- November 26th: Peter Hintze , German politician (* 1950)
- Gisela May , German actress and singer (* 1924) December 2:
- Dave Edwards , American football player (born 1939) December 5:
- J. Jayalalithaa , Indian actress and politician (* 1948) December 5:
- Rashaan Salaam , American football player (* 1974) December 5:
- Hildegard Hamm-Brücher , German politician (* 1921) December 7th:
- Greg Lake , British musician (born 1947) December 7th:
- John Glenn , American astronaut (* 1921) December 8:
- Thomas Clark Oden , American Methodist theologian (born 1931) December 8:
- December 11: Sadiq al-Azm , Syrian philosopher (* 1934)
- December 12: Javier Echevarría , Spanish bishop (* 1932)
- December 13th: Betsy Pecanins , Mexican singer (* 1954)
- December 13: Thomas Schelling , American economist and Nobel Prize winner (* 1921)
- December 18: Zsa Zsa Gabor , Hungarian-American actress (* 1917)
- December 20: Michèle Morgan , French actress (* 1920)
- December 24th: Richard Adams , British writer (* 1920)
- December 24th: Rick Parfitt , British musician (born 1948)
- December 25: Ağaxan Abdullayev , Azerbaijani mugham singer and music teacher (* 1950)
- December 25th: George Michael , British singer and musician (born 1963)
- December 25: Vera Rubin , American astronomer (* 1928)
- December 27: Karl Oskar Blase , German graphic artist and postage stamp designer (* 1925)
- December 27: Carrie Fisher , American actress and author (* 1956)
- December 27: Claude Gensac , French actress (* 1927)
- December 27: Betty-Jean Hagen , Canadian violinist and music teacher (* 1930)
- December 27: Hans Tietmeyer , German economist and President of the Bundesbank (* 1931)
- December 28th: Michel Déon , French writer (* 1919)
- December 28: Knut Kiesewetter , German jazz singer and songwriter (* 1941)
- December 28: Debbie Reynolds , American actress and singer (* 1932)
- December 28: Jean-Christophe Victor , French political scientist and television presenter (* 1947)
- December 29th: Ferdy Kübler , Swiss cyclist (* 1919)
- December 29th: William Salice , Italian product developer and manager (* 1933)
- December 29: Peter Tamm , German publishing manager (* 1928)
- December 30th: Josef Krainer junior , Austrian politician (* 1930)
- December 31: Martin Naylor , English sculptor (* 1944)
- December 31: Dietz-Werner Steck , German actor (* 1936)
Gallery of the deceased
January 4th: Michel Galabru (1999)
January 4th: Achim Mentzel (2011)
January 5: Pierre Boulez (2004)
January 10: David Bowie (2006)
January 14: Alan Rickman (2011)
January 18: Glenn Frey (2008)
January 18: Michel Tournier (2005)
January 19: Ettore Scola (2007)
January 24th: Marvin Minsky (2008)
January 26: Black (2007)
January 29: Jacques Rivette (2006)
February 7: Roger Willemsen (2014)
February 16: Boutros Boutros-Ghali (2002)
February 19: Umberto Eco (2010)
February 19: Harper Lee (2007)
February 23: Peter Lustig (2005)
February 28: George Kennedy (1975)
March 5: Nikolaus Harnoncourt (1980)
March 5: Ray Tomlinson (2004)
March 6: Nancy Reagan (1983)
March 8: George Martin (2006)
March 10: Keith Emerson (2008)
March 13: Hilary Putnam
March 14: Peter Maxwell Davies (2012)
March 17th: Hugo Strasser (2013)
March 18: Lothar Späth (2011)
March 18: Guido Westerwelle (2012)
March 24: Roger Cicero (2014)
March 24th: Johan Cruyff (2009)
March 31: Hans-Dietrich Genscher (2008)
March 31: Imre Kertész
April 3: Lars Gustafsson (2015)
April 17th: Doris Roberts (2011)
April 21: Hans Koschnick (2009)
April 21: Prince (2009)
April 30: Uwe Friedrichsen (2010)
May 6: Margot Honecker (1986)
May 9: Walther Leisler Kiep (1973)
May 15: Erika Berger (2007)
May 18: Fritz Stern (2007)
May 31: Rupert Neudeck (2008)
June 3: Muhammad Ali (1967)
June 10: Gordie Howe (ca.1966)
June 11: Rudi Altig (2006)
June 19: Götz George (2007)
June 19: Anton Yelchin (2008)
June 20: Benoîte Groult (2010)
June 25: Manfred Deix (2012)
June 27: Bud Spencer (2015)
July 2: Michel Rocard (2012)
July 2: Elie Wiesel (2012)
July 4th: Abbas Kiarostami (2013)
July 7: Wolfram Siebeck (2004)
July 12: Miriam Pielhau (2011)
July 14: Péter Esterházy (2010)
August 2: Franciszek Macharski (2002)
August 14: Hermann Kant (1987)
August 16: João Havelange (2010)
August 17: Arthur Hiller (2011)
August 22nd: Toots Thielemans (2006)
August 23: Reinhard Selten (2001)
August 24: Michel Butor (2002)
August 24: Walter Scheel (1974)
August 24: Henning Voscherau (1988)
August 25: Sonia Rykiel (2009)
August 29: Gene Wilder (2007)
August 30: Věra Čáslavská (1967)
September 2: Islom Karimov (2015)
September 5: Phyllis Schlafly (2011)
September 10: Jutta Limbach (2003)
September 14: Hilmar Thate (2006)
September 16: Edward Albee (unknown)
September 16: Carlo Azeglio Ciampi (1999)
September 25: Arnold Palmer (1953)
September 28: Shimon Peres (2009)
October 7: Barbara Kisseler (2012)
October 10: Tamme Hanken (2014)
October 13: Bhumibol Adulyadej (2010)
October 21: Manfred Krug (2003)
October 23: Tom Hayden (2016)
October 24: Bobby Vee (1962)
November 2: Oleg Popov (2009)
November 4th: Jean-Jacques Perrey (2006)
November 6: Zoltán Kocsis (2010)
November 7: Leonard Cohen (2008)
November 7th: Janet Reno (between 1993 and 2001)
November 25: Fidel Castro (2003)
November 27: Peter Hintze (2013)
December 2: Gisela May (1979)
December 7th: Hildegard Hamm-Brücher (1976)
December 8: John Glenn (1998)
December 11: Esma Redžepova (2010)
December 18: Zsa Zsa Gabor (1955)
December 24th: Rick Parfitt (2007)
December 25: George Michael (2006)
December 27: Carrie Fisher (2013)
December 28: Debbie Reynolds (2013)
- Germany chairs the OSCE - Ukraine is moving closer to the EU. Süddeutsche Zeitung , January 1, 2016, accessed on August 26, 2020 .
- Homepage - accessed on July 21, 2019
- Austria: Constitutional Court overturns presidential election , accessed on July 1, 2016
- Latvia's accession to the OECD (en) , OECD . July 1, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- Yemen: At least 50 dead after the attack in Aden ( memento from August 29, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), deutschlandfunk.de, August 29, 2016, accessed on August 29, 2016
- dada100zuerich2016. Retrieved on October 9, 2018 (German).
- Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court: No. 25/2016 Takeover of Kaiser´s Tengelmann by EDEKA: ministerial approval stopped. Retrieved October 9, 2018 .
- Sunway-TaihuLight Outperforms Tianhe-2 as World's Fastest Supercomputer , in: China Radio International, June 20, 2016, accessed June 20, 2016
- Stephen Gray, Amina Ismail: Special Report: 500 migrants drowned at sea. No one investigated . Reuters, December 6, 2016, accessed October 27, 2018
- 192 listed as missing on doomed ferry . Borneo Post, June 21, 2016, accessed October 28, 2018.
- 16 dead in balloon crash on tagesschau.de, July 31, 2016, accessed on July 31, 2016
- 17 Kyrgyz women workers die in a fire in a warehouse ( memento from August 27, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on deutschlandfunk.de, August 27, 2016, accessed on August 27, 2016
- Announcements of the 2016 Nobel Prizes. Nobel Foundation, accessed October 3, 2016 .
- Literature Nobel to be announced Oct. 13, later than usual at washingtonpost.com, September 30, 2016 (accessed October 5, 2016).
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2016. In: nobelprize.org. Nobel Foundation, October 3, 2016, accessed October 3, 2016 .
- Press release at nobelprize.org (accessed October 4, 2016).
- Prize winners 2016 at nobelprize.org (accessed on October 5, 2016).
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 at nobelprize.org (accessed October 13, 2016).
- Press release at nobelprize.org (accessed October 7, 2016).
- Press release at nobelprize.org (accessed October 10, 2016).
- Global understanding as a conditio humana. In: global-understanding.info. global-understanding.info, accessed January 3, 2016 .
- International Year of Pulses 2016. In: fao.org. FAO , accessed January 3, 2016 .