After graduating from high school in Krefeld , Bork studied law at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster from 1975 to 1980 , where he joined the CV Zollern Münster Catholic student association in 1976 .
He completed his legal clerkship between 1980 and 1982 in Lübeck, Schleswig, Speyer and Washington, DC From 1982 to 1984 he worked with Helmut Kollhosser at the University of Münster. In 1984 he was with a thesis on the proceedings before the Ethics Committees of specializations to Dr. iur. PhD . In 1988 he qualified as a professor with the work The Comparison and received the venia legendi for the subjects civil law , commercial and economic law and civil procedural law .
After Visiting Professor at the University of Bielefeld and the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn , he received in 1989 a call to the University of Bonn to the Chair of Civil Law. In 1992 he moved to the University of Hamburg as a professor for civil procedural law and general procedural law, succeeding Karl August Bettermann .
From 1992 to 1998 Bork was a part-time judge at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court in Hamburg , namely as an assessor in the 3rd civil senate responsible for cartel, patent and competition matters.
Bork has published numerous scientific papers, books and commentaries. In 1990 his habilitation thesis was awarded the Harry Westermann Prize , which was first awarded in 1990. He turned down offers to the universities of Cologne, Göttingen, Tübingen and most recently Bonn.
Bork spent the academic year 2010/2011 as a Robert S. Campbell Visiting Fellow at Oxford University . Since 2012 he has been promoting the structured doctoral training at the Hamburg Graduate College Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law .
- Payment transactions in bankruptcy. Rws Communication Forum 2002, ISBN 3-8145-8105-9 .
- Voluntary jurisdiction. Legal cases in question and answer. 2nd Edition. Beck Juristischer Verlag, 2002, ISBN 3-406-48955-9 . (in cooperation with Helmut Kollhosser, Florian Jacoby)
- Law and Risk - Festschrift for Helmut Kollhosser. Verlag Versicherungswirtschaft, 2004, ISBN 3-89952-105-6 . (in cooperation with Thomas Hoeren, Petra Pohlmann )
- Introduction to bankruptcy law. 5th edition. Mohr Siebeck, 2009, ISBN 978-3-16-149994-4 .
- General part of the Civil Code. 3. Edition. Mohr Siebeck, 2011, ISBN 978-3-16-150527-0 .
- Literature by and about Reinhard Bork in the catalog of the German National Library
- Reinhard Bork (University of Hamburg) website
- JuraBiblio.de: Bork, General Part of the Civil Code, 3rd Edition (2011) - Review.
- The professor whom the students won't let go . In: ZEIT Online from August 17, 2010.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 24, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|