Live and act
After graduating from the Humanist Gymnasium in 1967, Reinhold Popp completed a teaching degree, a degree in psychotherapy and clinical psychology, and a doctorate (political science / educational science) in Salzburg. The doctorate to Dr. phil. took place in 1979, and in 1986 Popp completed his habilitation at the University of Innsbruck . There he was named a university professor in 1995. From 2006 to 2013 he acted as coordinator of the future-oriented doctoral program "Future: Education: Quality of Life".
From 1988 to 2004 he was co-director of the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for social science occupational and leisure research and from 2005 to 2013 scientific director of the Center for Future Studies (ZfZ) at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences . As scientific director, Popp contributed to the conception of the conference series “Future: Quality of Life” (2008–2012). This annual interdisciplinary conference event was initiated by the ZfZ and the European Forum Alpbach .
Further activities in the field of futurology
In parallel to his scientific work, Reinhold Popp founded and directed courses at academies and universities of applied sciences since 1984. He is a founding member and lecturer of the master’s course in futurology at the Institut Futur at the Free University of Berlin .
Reinhold Popp is a cooperation partner of the Foundation for Future Issues in Hamburg. In May 2007 he was a founding member of the Future Research Network and was a member of its board until the beginning of 2012.
Publication Series Future: Quality of Life. LIT Verlag, Vienna / Berlin / Münster.
- Volume 1: R. Popp, R. Hofbauer, M. Pausch: Quality of life - Made in Austria. Social, economic and political framework conditions of happiness. 2010.
- Volume 2: R. Popp (ed.): Thinking in advance. Paths and wrong ways into the future. 2011.
- Volume 3: R. Popp, M. Pausch, U. Reinhardt, (ed.): Future. Education. Life quality. 2011.
- Volume 4: R Popp (ed.), D. Steinbach, K. Linnenschmidt, E. Schüll: Future strategies for an age-appropriate working environment - trends, scenarios and recommendations. 2011.
- Volume 5: R. Popp, E. Zechenter, U. Reinhardt (ed.): Future. Culture. Life quality. 2012.
- Volume 6: R. Popp, U. Garstenauer, U. Reinhardt, UD Rosenlechner-Urbanek (eds.): Future. Life quality. Lifelong. Generations in demographic change. 2013.
- Volume 7: R. Popp and E. Schüll (eds.): FH2030 - On the future of Austrian universities of applied sciences. 2013.
Scientific publication series Future and Research. Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg.
- Volume 1: R. Popp and E. Schüll (eds.): Future research and shaping the future. Contributions from science and practice. 2009.
- Volume 2: R. Popp (ed.): Future and Science. Paths and wrong turns in futurology. 2012.
- Volume 3: R. Popp and A. Zweck (eds.): Future research in a practical test. 2013.
- R. Popp and U. Reinhardt: Future of everyday life. LIT Verlag, Münster 2013.
- R. Popp (ed.): Future: Leisure: Science. Festschrift for the 65th birthday of Horst W. Opaschowski. LIT Verlag, Vienna 2005.
- Reinhold Popp's website
- Center for future studies at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- Vita on the website of the Free University of Berlin
- See “Aims and Scope” of the EJFR .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian futurologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 3, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Salzburg|