Renato Carosone (born January 3, 1920 in Naples , † May 20, 2001 in Rome ) was an Italian singer and entertainer of the music scene in the 1950s. He was also considered a modern interpreter of the Canzone Napoletana , the Neapolitan song tradition.
His best-known songs include 'O suspiro , Torero , Tu vuò fà l'americano , Caravan Petrol , Pigliate' na pastiglia , 'O Sarracino .
- Renato Carosone , Cologne: EMI-Electrola, 2004
- Gondolì, gondolà , Zurich: Southern Music, 1962
- Pianofortissimo , Munich: Siegel, 1957
- Maruzzella , Berlin Edition Takt und Ton, 1957
His song Tu Vuò Fà L'Americano , in particular, has been taken over again and again in films and cover versions over time. For example, it was part of the film music of the talented Mr. Ripley and also became world famous in 2010 in the cover version of the Australian band Yolanda Be Cool under the title “We No Speak Americano”.
His pieces of music are played as the soundtrack in numerous films. He also worked as an actor in
- Canciones de una vida, 1980, TV episode
- Caravan petrol (1960)
- Totò and Peppino (1958)
- Maruzzella (1956)
- Vincenzo Mollica: Renato Carosone. Ed. Lato Side, 1981.
- Enzo Giannelli: Renato Carosone. Un genio italiano. Curcio Musica, 2008 (with two CDs).
- Stefano Bollani: L'America di Renato Carosone. Il racconto di Tu vuo 'fa' l'americano. Cooper, 2008.
- A. Mercadante (curator): Renato Carosone (Napoli, 1920-Roma, 2001). Oltre la musica, la pittura. Gangemi, 2007.
- Web presence (English, Italian)
- We No Speak Americano on soundtrackmeineslebens.com; Retrieved November 12, 2010
- Renato Carosone in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Joel Whitburn : Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-2006 . Billboard Books, New York 2007, ISBN 0-89820-172-1 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian musician and painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 3, 1920|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Naples|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 20, 2001|
|Place of death||Rome|