Düsterberg was born in 1988 with the work "The printed freedom". Oskar Panizza and the “ Zürcher Discussjonen ” are doing their doctorate. In 1999 he received his habilitation with the title Soldier und Kriegserlebnis. German military memorial literature (1945–1961) on the Second World War . Since 2002, Düsterberg has been an adjunct professor at the University of Osnabrück in the Department of Linguistics and Literature.
- Hanns Johst - "The Bard of the SS". Career of a German poet. Paderborn 2004.
- "The printed freedom". Oskar Panizza and the “Zürcher Discussjonen”. , Diss. Lang, Bern a. a. 1988.
- Soldier and war experience. German military memorial literature (1945–1961) on the Second World War. Motives, terms, evaluations. Niemeyer, Tübingen 2000.
- Problems of war literature research. Solution approaches with the help of a cognitive-empirical literature study. In: Journal for German Studies. Neue Episode (1992) II, H. 1, pp. 90-100.
- Crowd and elite. War, Wehrmacht and National Socialism in Curt Hohoffs Woina - Woina (1951). In: Hans Wagener (Ed.): From Böll to Buchheim. German war prose after 1945 (= Amsterdam contributions to modern German studies, vol. 42). Rodopi, Amsterdam 1997, pp. 155-181.
- Wilhelm Hauff's 'opportunistic' hostility towards Jews. In: Journal for German Philology 119 (2000), no. 2, pp. 190–212.
- Blessed transience. Hanns Johst's literary 'coming to terms with the past'. In: Journal for German Philology 120 (2001), no. 4, pp. 590–611.
Editorial activities (selection)
- Poet for the "Third Reich". Biographical studies on the relationship between literature and ideology. Four volumes, Aisthesis Verlag, Bielefeld 2009, 2011, 2015, 2018.
- together with Thomas Schneider and Tilman Westphalen: War and Literature / War and Literature. International contributions to research into war and anti-war literature. Self-published, Osnabrück; appeared annually in two editions until 1995, since 1995 as a yearbook.
- together with Siegfried Hummel, Tilman Westphalen and Peter Niebaum (author): A Righteous Among the Nations. Hans Calmeyer in his time (1903–1972). Rasch, Osnabrück 2001 (2nd extended edition, Bramsche 2003), ISBN 3-934005-95-0 .
- Information about Düsterberg on the website of the University of Osnabrück
- Hanns Johst - "The Bard of the SS". Article on the website of Deutschlandfunk on Düsterberg's work from June 7, 2004
- Poet for the "Third Reich". Review by Erhard Jöst (February 2012) (see above)
- Literature by and about Rolf Düsterberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- See for the biographical information in this section http://www.germanistenverzeichnis.phil.uni-erlangen.de/institutslisten/files/de/01100_de/1121_de.html
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist and literary historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 11, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rheine|