The Scherenburg Festival on the castle ruins of Scherenburg in Gemünden am Main takes place as an open-air theater between mid-July and mid-August . The ensemble consists mostly of amateur actors and up to four professional actors . The 45-person theater ensemble had a record attendance in 2010 with 22,800 tickets sold. In 2016, 19,500 visitors saw one of the three performances.
In the years from 1909 to 1911 the first castle festival took place on the Scherenburg. After the termination, the restart of the Scherenburg Festival was continued in 1989.
From 1990 to 1995 the games were supported and organized by the cabaret “Spessartgrotte” Langenprozelten, in cooperation with the cultural office, since 1993 under the direction of the cultural office of the city of Gemünden and since 1998 by the festival association of the city of Gemünden am Main eV
The acquisition of a grandstand in 2002 and the purchase of a tent roof over the grandstand to protect against rain and sun in 2004 should attract more visitors, which was also successful.
After 15 years, Horst Gurski gave up the artistic direction after the 2015 season. His successor was Peter Cahn , who will take over as artistic director for the first time in summer 2016.
|1909-1911||The key lady|
|1990||The key lady|
|1991||A Spessart fairy tale|
|1993||Rising of the Ghosts|
|1995||The inn in the Spessart|
|1996||Don Camillo and Pepone||Pinocchio|
|1998||The visit of the old lady|
|1999||The merry women of Windsor||Ronja the robber's daughter|
|2000||The captain of Koepenick||Pippi Longstocking|
|2001||A midsummer night's dream||The little witch|
|2002||The Urmel from the ice||The happy vineyard|
|2003||Ali Baba||The name of the Rose||Nunsense|
|2004||The robber Hotzenplotz||Dusty pink||To the Weißen Rößl|
|2005||Jim button||Judgment Day||Figaro's wedding|
|2006||Kalle Blomquist||Nathan the wise||The Taming of the Shrew|
|2007||The jungle Book||Ladies night||The Geierwally|
|2008||Sams in danger||The three from the gasstation||The Brandner Kasper|
|2009||Amadeus||Crash in Chiozza||Tom Sawyers and Huckleberry Fins Adventure|
|2010||Arsenic and lace cap||Michel from Lönneberga||The broken jar|
|2011||Blues Brothers: On the move on behalf of the Lord||The inn in the Spessart||Robin Hood|
|2012||One flew over the cuckoo's nest||The house in Montevideo||News from the robber Hotzenplotz|
|2013||The blue Angel||The Spanish fly||Meister Eder and his pumuckl|
|2014||What you want||The adventures of the good soldier Schweik||Peter Pan|
|2015||Servant of two masters||Ladykillers||Pippi Longstocking|
|2016||The Feuerzangenbowle||Charley's aunt||On Saturday the Sams came back|
|2017||Don Camillo and his flock||Kohlhiesel's daughters||Ronja the robber's daughter|
|2018||Out of control||Petticoat and mini skirt||Pippi in Taka Tuka Land|
|2019||And it was summer||Pension Schöller||Jim Knopf and the wild 13|
- Balance of the Scherenburg Festival . In: Main-Post , August 31, 2010. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- "The Key Miss"; Book: Konrad Wagner, Würzburg; Performance management: Theater director Josef Matthes, Würzburg
- Scherenburg Festival: At the beginning of the 20th century ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . In: Main-Echo , July 6, 2011. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- The history of the city of Gemünden . In: City of Gemünden am Main . Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Spessart grotto - the theater in Mainfranken . Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- attendance at the Scherenburg Festival . In: Main-Post , August 11, 2002. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- Tent roof for the festival . In: Main-Post , April 20, 2004. Retrieved August 7, 2011.
- Peter Cahn's website