|Heinrich August Schoeller Sons
|legal form||GmbH & Co. KG|
|Seat||Düren , Germany|
On October 12, 1784, Elector Theodor gave Heinrich Wilhelm Schoeller (1745–1827) permission to convert the Eisenreckhammer into a paper mill. From the surname of its owner and the previous use, the company of the company was put together, namely Schoellershammer . In 1773 the Rütger von Scheven paper mill was added to the plant as part of a merger under inheritance law . As early as 1824 it was transferred to the son Heinrich August Schoeller (1788–1863) as the sole owner, to whom today's official company name (company) goes back.
In a race with the nearby and competing paper mills owned by Ludolf Matthias Hoesch , the first endless paper machine, named Donkin after its inventor , was installed on Schoellershammer in 1841 . A second machine of the same type followed just ten years later. In 1921 a third machine was added, which was converted into a photo paper coating machine in 1930. Most of the paper mill was destroyed during the air raid on Düren on November 16, 1944. Production was resumed in 1949.
In the 1950s, one machine was converted to a corrugated base paper machine and a new machine installed for the same purpose. In 1973 a new corrugated cardboard base paper machine was added as machine 5. As a result of these modifications and expansions, production rose to 768 t / day. Approx. 200,000 tons of corrugated base paper and about 8,000 tons of fine paper are produced annually.
The paper mill has a water requirement of 1.6 million m³ per year. The water is taken from the Rur , which flows directly past the plant. The necessary energy is produced with an in-house lignite power plant. 94% of the raw material requirement is waste paper.
The Schoellershammer paper mill operates today as Heinrich August Schoeller Söhne GmbH & Co KG .
In 2005 the production capacity increased to 768 t / day
- Corrugated base paper
- Fine and transparent papers
- Josef Geuenich: History of the paper industry in the Düren-Jülich economic area . Hamel, Düren 1959.
- Hugo Albert Schoeller: My paper you are a wonderful Sach RVS 1710 - 1960 . Self-published, 1960.
- Company history, 1784 to 1944 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Company history, 1950 to 1983 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Company history, 1984 to today ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.