Tetsuji Miwa ( Japanese 三輪 哲 二 , Miwa Tetsuji ; * February 10, 1949 ) is a Japanese mathematician who deals with mathematical physics .
Miwa studied at the University of Tokyo , where he worked in the early 1970s under the influence of Mikio Satō and Masaki Kashiwara with micro-local analysis and hyperfunctions . He was a professor at the University of Kyoto and at the RIMS ( Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences ) in Kyoto.
With Mikio Satō and Michio Jimbō he discovered a connection with monodromic-preserved ( isomonodromic ) deformations of linear differential equations and correlation functions in the Ising model in the 1970s . With Jimbō he then examined general isomonodromic deformations of linear differential equations (started by Ludwig Schlesinger at the beginning of the 20th century ).
With Jimbō and Etsurō Date he examined the role of affine Lie algebras in soliton equations , and with Jimbō the role of quantum groups in exactly solvable lattice models of statistical mechanics.
In 1987 he and Michio Jimbō received the Autumn Prize of the Japanese Mathematical Society .
In 1998 he gave a plenary lecture at the ICM in Berlin ( Solvable Lattice Models and Representation Theory of Quantum Affine Algebras ) and in 1986 he was invited speaker at the ICM in Berkeley ( Integrable lattice models and branching coefficients ).
For 2013, he and Jimbō were awarded the Dannie Heineman Prize for Mathematical Physics for their fundamental developments in the field of integrable systems and their correlation functions in statistical mechanics and quantum field theory, using quantum groups, algebraic analysis and deformation theory .
- with Masaki Kashiwara (Editor): Physical Combinatorics . Birkhäuser 2000, ISBN 3-7643-4175-0 / ISBN 0-8176-4175-0
- with Michio Jimbō, Etsurō Date: Solitons - differential equations, symmetries and infinite dimensional algebras . Cambridge University Press 2000, ISBN 0-521-56161-2
- with Jimbō: Algebraic analysis of solvable lattice models . American Mathematical Society 1993, ISBN 0-8218-0320-4
- with Jimbō: Solitons and infinite dimensional Lie algebras . Pub.RIMS, Vol. 19, 1983, p. 943, doi : 10.2977 / prims / 1195182017
- ↑ Jimbō, Miwa, Satō, Yasuko Mori Holonomic quantum fields an unanticipated link between deformation theory of differential equations and quantum fields , in: Lecturenotes in Physics, Springer, Vol. 116, 1980, pp. 119-142. Previously in a long series of papers in the Proc. Japan Academy and Pub. RIMS Holonomic quantum fields , Studies on holonomic quantum fields
- ↑ Official laudation: for their profound developments in integrable systems and their correlation functions in statistical mechanics and quantum field theory, making use of quantum groups, algebraic analysis and deformation theory.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||三輪 哲 二 (Japanese)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Japanese mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 10, 1949|