Thomas Greiner (Author)
life and work
Thomas Greiner is a director and writer of documentary and advertising films. His focus is on documentary films on ethnological , social and political content. In 2011 he took fourth place in the international Greenpeace film competition "VW - the dark side", a campaign against Volkswagen AG , with his Star Wars parody of various VW commercials.
Greiner also attaches great importance to scenic elements in documentaries. He also works as a cameraman in much of his work .
The plays “The Cunning Fox”, a mixture of Aesopian fables and Reineke Fuchs , as well as “Conference of the Animals 2.0”, a homage and modernized version of the novel The Conference of the Animals by Erich Kästner , are two children's theater pieces by Thomas Greiner in which he also directed. In 2018 he wrote the play Rheinschwestern , the story of Lore Lay and her sister Lucy Lay. In 2019, Arbeitslos im Olymp followed - a divine comedy , a fantastic fairy tale set in the ancient world of gods.
- Satu tahun or Ata Langa , documentary film about an ethnic group on the island of Flores, eastern Indonesia
- Metalheads , Documentation, 1999, for the 10th anniversary of the Wacken Open Air Festival.
- Nordland , Documentation, 2004, for the 15th anniversary of the Wacken Open Air Festival.
- Majesty - Blind Guardian : Imaginations Through the Looking Glass - DVD bonus material Wacken Open Air 2002
- The cunning fox , play 2016, author and director
- Conference of Animals 2.0 , play 2017, author and director
- Rheinschwestern , play 2018, author and director
- Unemployed in Olympus - a divine comedy , play 2019, author and director
- Website by Thomas Greiner
- "The cunning fox" in the Wiesbaden State Theater
- "The cunning fox" in the Wiesbaden courier
- "Carnival of the Animals 2.0" in the Wiesbaden State Theater
- "Carnival of the Animals 2.0" in the Wiesbaden courier
- Greenpeace: Anti-VW competition results
- Video: "VW - the dark side"
- "Rhine Sisters" at the Wiesbaden State Theater
- "Unemployed in Olympus - a divine comedy" in the Wiesbaden State Theater
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German director, author and cameraman|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|