Trix Haussmann-Högl completed his architecture studies with Werner Max Moser and Jacques Schader at the ETH Zurich and took a postgraduate degree at the Federal Institute for Local, Regional and State Planning of the ETH in Zurich.
After marrying the architect Robert Haussmann in 1967, they founded their own office together, which since 1981 has been called the General Design Institute. They deal with drafting, industrial design and construction contracts.
Robert and Trix Haussmann became members of the Association of Swiss Architects BSA in 1982
Trix Haussmann was a lecturer at the ETH Zurich from 1997 to 2002 .
Since 1966 the couple has been working under the common name Robert & Trix Haussmann and as the company Die Allgemeine Designanstalt in Zurich.
During the joint creative years, furniture designs for various international companies and larger conversions were created.
- 2013: Grand Prix Design of the Federal Office of Culture (with Robert Haussmann)
- Honorary membership of the Association of German Architects
- 30 years of Teo Jakob: Robert and Trix Haussmann. Catalog for the exhibition October 23–21. November 1987. Publisher Jakob, Bern / Geneva 1987.
- Scenes from a marriage: Trix and Robert Haussmann in the Museum of Design. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung . March 6, 2002.
- The general design institute with Trix and Robert Haussmann: Furniture for the Röthlisberger collection. With contributions by Peter Röthlisberger, Alfred Hablützel, Trix and Robert Haussmann. Niggli, Sulgen / Zurich 2011, ISBN 978-3-7212-0817-7 .
- Trix + Robert Haussmann. Edition Frey, Zurich 2012, ISBN 978-3-905929-27-0 .
- Trix and Robert Haussmann. Culture of Design Gabriela Güntert, Bruno Maurer, Arthur Rüegg (eds.). gta Verlag , Zurich 2017, ISBN 978-3-85676-360-2 .
- Literature by and about Trix Haussmann-Högl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dagmar Böcker: Haussmann, Trix. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Laurent Stalder: Panel discussion with Trix and Robert Haussmann , ETH Zurich video archive
- Designs by Trix & Robert Haussmann in the collections of the Museum für Gestaltung Zürich: www.emuseum.ch
- The Federal Office of Culture awards the "Grands Prix Design 2013" , media release by the Federal Office of Culture, April 30, 2013, accessed on February 10, 2014.
- https://bda-bund.de/trägerschaft-und-ehrenverbindungen/ , website of the Association of German Architects, accessed on June 1, 2019.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Haussmann, Trix|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss interior designer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 6, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zurich|