Wilhelm Rees (theologian)
Rees completed a degree in Catholic theology at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Augsburg as a graduate theologian. In 1980 he joined the Diocese of Augsburg as a pastoral assistant. In 1982 he switched back to the chair for canon law at the university as a research assistant. In 1986 he received his doctorate with the thesis The religious instruction in the church and state legal system , then he was a senior academic until 1992. Currently working at the chair.
In 1991 he started the work Die Strafgewalt der Kirche. Foundations and developments in ecclesiastical criminal law from the Corpus Iuris Canonici to the Codex Iuris Canonici of January 25, 1983 . From 1992 he was in the chair for canon law at the Faculty of Catholic Theology at the Otto Friedrich University in Bamberg, and at the same time he was a private lecturer at the chair for canon law at the University of Augsburg. In May 1996 he was appointed full professor for canon law at the theological faculty of the University of Innsbruck . He teaches at the Institute for Practical Theology and, along with Anna Egler, is co-editor of the Canonical Studies and Texts published by Duncker & Humblot in Berlin .
In 1987 he was awarded the Albertus Magnus Prize of the Diocese of Augsburg .
Rees is married with two children.
- as an author
- Religious instruction and catechetical instruction in ecclesiastical and state legal systems . Pustet, Regensburg 1986, ISBN 3-7917-1023-0 (also dissertation, University of Augsburg 1986).
- Keyword Catholic Church . Heyne, Munich 1992, ISBN 3-453-05613-2 .
- The Church's Punitive Power. The current ecclesiastical criminal law presented on the basis of its development history . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-428-07790-3 (plus habilitation thesis, University of Augsburg 1991).
- as editor
- with Anna Egler: Canonical Studies and Texts (KST) , from volume 41 Duncker & Humblot Berlin.
- In the service of church and science. Festschrift for Alfred E. Hierold on the completion of his 65th year of life . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-428-12478-7 (Canonical studies and texts; 53).
- Catholic Church in the New Europe. Religious education, finance and marriage in church and state law; with a view of two African countries . Lit-Verlag, Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-7000-0631-2 .
- Law in Church and State. Joseph Listl on his 75th birthday . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-428-11673-9 (Canonical studies and texts; 48).
- Literature by and about Wilhelm Rees in the catalog of the German National Library
- Web presence at the University of Innsbruck
- List of publications
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Catholic theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 22, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|