Siegl attended the secondary school in Teplice. He was active in a Pennal Corps and fought cuff masters . After graduating from high school, he studied natural sciences at the Karl Ferdinand University in Prague . Like Fritz Mussehl , he was accepted into the Corps Frankonia Prague in 1929 . Siegl was promoted to Dr. rer. nat. PhD. After being a research assistant at the Friedrich-Alexander University in Erlangen , he worked for various fuel technology companies, including Siemens . He was married to Maria Agnes Siegl born in 1939. Oberfohren. During the Second World War he served in a grenadier regiment and at the school of the Nebeltruppe in Celle. As a consulting chemist with a staff in the West, he became a US prisoner of war. After his discharge, he worked as a chemist at Rhein-Elbe-Bergbau AG from 1946 . Long before retirement, he began writing about student life at Prague University.
"A student life full of baroque romanticism had blossomed here, as it was nowhere to be found in this century of ours, despite Marburg and Tübingen, despite Heidelberg and Jena."
Most of the articles appeared in Einst und Jetzt , the yearbook of the Society for Corps Student History Research .
- Prague student songs . Deutsche Corpszeitung 60 (1959), pp. 119–121.
- The Schiller Celebration in Prague a hundred years ago, the cradle of the corps in Austria . Deutsche Corpszeitung 60 (1959), pp. 183-186.
- About the names and colors of Austrian corps . Deutsche Corpszeitung 62 (1961), pp. 142-144.
- On the history of the scale system in Prager SC . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 9 (1964), pp. 128-136.
- The Corpsphilister Association in the Czechoslovak state. Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 14 (1969), pp. 160-162.
- From the early days of the Prague Corps . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 16 (1971), pp. 131-144.
- The "Elegy to Prague" by Dr. med. Germ . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 18 (1973), pp. 197-201.
- The suspended corps of the Prague SC [Moldavia 1860]. Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 18 (1973), pp. 197-201.
- The suspended corps of the Prague SC - Rugia . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 19 (1974), pp. 222-223.
- The Prague German universities and their students from 1870 to 1914 . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 21 (1976), pp. 95-133.
- The closure of the German universities in Prague . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 24 (1979), pp. 95-104.
- "Abraham" and "Osman" - two originals of the Prague German student body . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 28 (1983), pp. 159-166.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alois von Brinz, Sueviae Munich, Frankoniae Prague, and his teaching activities in Prague [1857–1866] . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 29 (1984) pp. 179-183.
- The foundation of the medieval university in Prague . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 30 (1985), pp. 87-112.
- The foundation of the AHSC in Vienna . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 31 (1986), , pp. 223-233.
- Corps students among the politically suspicious students of the pre-March period . Einst und Jetzt, Vol. 32 (1987), pp. 89-96.
- [Carl-Heinz von] Forner: Dr. Adolf Siegl Frankoniae-Prag 75 years old . Deutsche Corpszeitung 84 (1983), p. 203.
- Kösener Corpslisten 1996, 42/63.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Siegl, Adolf Johann Oskar (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German chemist and student historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 29, 1908|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Teplitz-Schönau|
|DATE OF DEATH||1999|
|Place of death||Herne|