Association Internationale des Groupes Cyclistes Professionnels
The Association Internationale des Groupes Cyclistes Professionnels (fr., Short: AIGCP , dt. About: International Association of Professional Cycling Teams) is the association of professional cycling teams (more precisely: the team operator).
The AIGCP represents the interests of the operators of the UCI WorldTeams and UCI ProTeams vis-à-vis the World Cycling Federation UCI and the race organizers. So the AIGCP u. a. against the ban on radio communication between drivers and team cars.
With the "driver union " Cyclistes Professionnels Associés (CPA), the AIGCP negotiates the minimum working conditions for drivers in an agreement similar to a collective agreement ("Joint Agreements" / "Accord Paritaire"). In its regulations for road cycling, the UCI makes meeting these minimum working conditions a prerequisite for a team to be licensed as a UCI WorldTeam or UCI ProTeam.
After the team manager of the meantime from the AIGCP beaten team Quick Step , Patrick Lefevere , president of the AIGCP was, was in 2008, the team manager of the team Cofidis, le Crédit en Ligne , Eric Boyer , elected as his successor.
After an unsuccessful boycott of the Paris – Nice 2008 race in the course of the disputes between the race organizers on the one hand and the UCI and teams on the other, more than half of the teams temporarily left the AIGCP.
Boyer was replaced as President in 2009 by Jonathan Vaughters ( Team Manager of Team Garmin-Cervélo ). Vaughters did not run for the upcoming re-election in March 2013 and was replaced by Luuc Eisenga in this function.
Relationship with other team associations
In addition to the AIGCP, the teams in the then UCI ProTour , the International Professionnal Cycling Teams (IPTC) , were now united . The Mouvement Pour un Cyclisme Crédible was created in 2007 from the association of teams who demanded tougher action in questions of the fight against doping and obliged its members to follow stricter internal regulations. In 2013, Velon, an association of various UCI WorldTeams was founded which, in addition to representing interests, also operate joint marketing. In women Radrennsport 2020 four teams founded the Association UNIO u. a. on the grounds that Velon and AIGCP did not take care of the women's teams.
- Association Internationale des Organisateurs de Courses Cyclistes (AIOCC, Association of Race Organizers )
- Vaughters chairman of the AIGCP for two more years, radsport-news.com of October 27, 2010
- AIGCP calls off race radio protest at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, velonation.com v. February 25, 2011
- Joint agreements. In: uci.org. September 1, 2019, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- UCI regulations for road cycling, there 2.15.111 and 2.16.036. January 1, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- Quick Step leaves professional team association AIGCP, radsport-news.com from June 8, 2008
- Lefevere re-elected, Holczer Treasurer, radsport-news.com from October 25, 2006
- cyclingnews.com of October 4, 2012: Vaughters will not seek AIGCP re-election
- cyclingnews.com of January 11, 2013: Eisenga set to succeed Vaughters as head of AIGCP , cf. also cyclingnews.com of July 31, 2013: AIGCP questions amendment to UCI election protocol
- cf. Quick Step leaves professional team association AIGCP. In: radsport-news.com. February 8, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .
- UNIO wants to stand up for the interests of the women's racing teams. In: radsport-news.com. February 8, 2020, accessed February 8, 2020 .