Grunewald was born in Bonn in 1951 as the daughter of Joachim Gernhuber , who later became professor of civil law . She studied law in Bielefeld , Tübingen and London . In 1980 she was at the University of Bielefeld with a dissertation on "draw the line between the legal and liability for defects when purchasing" to Dr. iur. PhD. She then became a research assistant to Marcus Lutter at the University of Bonn . There she completed her habilitation in 1987 with an investigation into "Exclusion from society and associations" .
In 1988 Grunewald accepted a position at the University of Mannheim . She later moved to the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz . From April 1999 she held the chair for civil law and commercial law at the University of Cologne , director of the institute for legal law and from 2006 director of the newly founded institute for company law at the University of Cologne. From 2011 to 2013 she was Dean of the Law Faculty of the University of Cologne. She retired at the end of February 2020 .
In 2002 Grunewald was a member of the commission of the Federal Ministry of Justice to revise the law on impaired performance. She is a member of the editorial advisory board of the journal for inheritance law and asset succession and has been a member of the scientific advisory board of the Working Group of German Supervisory Boards (AdAR) eV since 2011. Grunewald was elected to the Supervisory Board of Evonik Industries for the period from 2013 to 2023 .
- Civil law , 9th edition, Munich: CH Beck 2014, ISBN 978-3-406-66780-0 .
- Corporate law , 6th edition, Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2005, ISBN 3-16-148594-7 .
- Sales law , Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2005, ISBN 978-3-16-148360-8 .
- Introduction to Capital Markets Law , 2nd edition, Munich: CH Beck, 2009, ISBN 978-3-406-59118-1 .
- Literature by and about Barbara Grunewald in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Barbara Grunewald in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Website of the former chair for civil and commercial law at the University of Cologne
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and professor at the University of Cologne|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 11, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn|