Bernd Cailloux (born July 9, 1945 in Erfurt ) is a German writer .
Bernd Cailloux grew up in Lower Saxony. After attending grammar school, he completed a two-year traineeship and training as an editor in Bremen and Düsseldorf. He then supplied discos with stroboscopic lighting systems before he dared to make his first attempts at storytelling in the vicinity of the Hamburg literary group Boa Vista and their magazine for new literature. Since 1977 he has lived as a writer in Berlin.
Bernd Cailloux is the author of novels , short stories , essays , radio features and radio plays .
His debut novel The 1968/69 financial year was enthusiastically received by the critics. He describes the legendary year 1968 from the point of view of two young entrepreneurs who are initially successful with their invention of using a stroboscope in discos and concert events, but then fail, not least because of their contradictions. According to the critics, the author succeeded in giving an honest, not nostalgic description of this era. The book was nominated for the German Book Prize in 2005.
Bernd Cailloux received a. a. In 1988 the Alfred Döblin scholarship , in 1998 a scholarship from the Lower Saxony Foundation's author support program and in 2003 a scholarship from the Künstlerhaus Edenkoben . In 1994 he took part in the Ingeborg Bachmann Competition in Klagenfurt .
- The blue hours . Narrative. In: Boa Vista 4 (Eds. D. Dubbe / N. Neutert / P. Waldheim), Hardebek, April 1977, pp. 77-78.
- Pink cotton candy . Narrative. In: Boa Vista 4 (Eds. D. Dubbe / N. Neutert / P. Waldheim), Hardebek, April 1977, pp. 79-82.
- Cazzama - a thought in several parts . Narrative. In: Boa Vista 5 (Eds. D. Dubbe, M. Hennig, N. Neutert, P. Waldheim), Edition Boa Vista Hamburg, October 1977, pp. 73-78.
- In Loch Leumund . Narrative. In: Boa Vista 4 (Eds. Natias Neutert / Peter Waldheim / Manfred Hennig), Edition Boa Vista Hamburg, June 1978, pp. 11-16.
- 5 out of 79 . Narrative. In: Boa Vista 7 (Eds. Natias Neutert / Peter Waldheim / Manfred Hennig), Edition Boa Vista Hamburg, June 1978, pp. 11-16.
- Intimate parades , Frankfurt am Main 1986
- The gentle tour , Frankfurt am Main 1989
- The trained Berliner , Frankfurt am Main 1991
- The 1968/69 financial year , Frankfurt am Main 2005
- german writing , Frankfurt am Main 2006
- The trained Berliner. Seven new lessons , Frankfurt am Main 2008
- Losses credited , Suhrkamp Verlag, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-518-42279-3 .
- Surabaya Gold - Hashish Stories , Suhrkamp Verlag, Berlin 2016.
- The American son . Novel. Suhrkamp Verlag, Berlin 2020, ISBN 978-3-518-42912-9 .
- Literature by and about Bernd Cailloux in the catalog of the German National Library
- Article on Bernd Cailloux in the Critical Lexicon of Contemporary German Literature (KLG)
- Short biography and information on the work of Bernd Cailloux at Literaturport
- Author lexicon of the Thuringian Literature Council
- ↑ Review: Decorative strips of personality in FAZ of February 28, 2012, page 28
- ^ Süddeutsche Zeitung: The stray hero. Retrieved July 2, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 9, 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|