Bernhard Fischer (rabbi)
Bernhard Fischer, born in Budikau, studied at the University of Prague after graduating from high school , which he completed in 1850 with the academic degree of Dr. phil. completed. As a result, Bernhard Fischer officiated after private teaching activities in the years 1854 to 1863 as a rabbi in various small communities in the Eger district .
After moving to Leipzig in 1863 - he was teaching there at the university - he began to work as a writer and editor. In addition to his literary works, Fischer also published a new version of Johann Buxtorf's rabbinical lexicons "Lexicon chaldaicum talmudicum et rabbinicum" , published by Moritz Schäfer GmbH & Co in 1875, the third edition of Georg Benedikt Winer's "Winer's Chaldean Grammar for Bible and Targumim", published by Verlag Johann Ambrosius Barth in 1882 and the Hebrew illustrated monthly “Bikkure ha-'Ittim” .
Bernhard Fischer died on June 17, 1906 at the age of 85 in Leipzig.
- Biblical-Talmudic-rabbinical flower picking, Verlag Moritz Schäfer GmbH & Co, 1878
- Bible and Talmud in their meaning for philosophy and culture: text, translation and explanation of selected pieces, edition 2, Johann Ambrosius Barth, 1881
- Hebrew Lesson Letters: Proven Method for Self-Teaching in Old and New Hebrew, CA Koch, 1889
- Calliope cookbook, An Aesthetic for Art and Theater Friends, Leipzig 1896
- Basics of philosophy and theosophy popular and easy to understand for educated readers, Verlag Moritz Schäfer GmbH & Co, 1899
- Rudolf M. Wlaschek: Biographia Judaica Bohemiae, Volume 1, Page 49, Delivery, Research Center East Central Europe, 1995
- Walther Killy , Rudolf Vierhaus : Deutsche biographische Enzyklopädie (DBE), In: Volume 3 of Deutsche biographische Enzyklopädie, page 312, KG Saur, 2000
- Isidore Singer: FISCHER, BERNARD. In: Isidore Singer (Ed.): Jewish Encyclopedia . Funk and Wagnalls, New York 1901-1906.
- Life data of Bernhard Fischer In: www.steinheim-institut.de
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Fischer, Bernard|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bohemian rabbi and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 12, 1821|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Budikau|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 17, 1906|
|Place of death||Leipzig|