Brad C. Inwood (born June 13, 1953 in Brockville , Ontario ) is a Canadian classical philologist .
Inwood studied Classical Philology and received his BA from Brock University , St. Catharines in 1974 . 1975 followed the MA at the University of Toronto , 1981 the Ph.D. He then worked for two semesters at the Classical Institute of Stanford University and was a lecturer at the University of Toronto from 1982. In 1986 Inwood was appointed Associate Professor and from 1987 also worked in the Philosophical Institute. Inwood has been a full professor since 1990 . From 2001 to 2007 he was a member of the Presidium of the Classical Institute.
Inwood has been a member of the Royal Society of Canada since April 1994 and was a member of the American National Humanities Center from 1995–96. In 2000 Inwood was appointed Canada Research Chair in Ancient Philosophy . Inwood was a member of the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences from 2004–2005. In 2019 he was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences .
- Ethics and Human Action in Early Stoicism. Oxford University Press, 1985
- Hellenistic Philosophy: Introductory Readings, with Lloyd Gerson (Hackett, 1988; second, expanded edition 1997)
- The Poem of Empedocles, University of Toronto Press, 1992; second, improved edition 2001.
- The Epicurus Reader, with Lloyd Gerson and Douglas Hutchinson (Hackett 1994)
- Ed .: Assent and Argument: Studies in Cicero's Academic Books. Co-editor Jaap Mansfeld (Brill, 1997)
- Ed .: Cambridge Companion to the Stoics, (Cambridge University Press, 2003)
- Ed .: Hellenistic and Early Modern Philosophy, Associate Editor Jon Miller (Cambridge University Press, 2003)
- Ed .: Language and Learning (proceedings of the 2001 Symposium Hellenisticum) co-editor Dorothea Frede (Cambridge University Press 2005)
- Reading Seneca: Stoic Philosophy at Rome (Oxford University Press 2005), ISBN 978-0-19-925089-9
- Seneca: Selected Letters (Clarendon Later Ancient Philosophy Series)
- Literature by and about Brad Inwood in the catalog of the German National Library
- Brad Inwood - William Lampson Professor of Philosophy and Classics
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Inwood, Brad C.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian Classical Philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 13, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brockville , Ontario|