A mailbox is a facility introduced in the 19th century for storing mail . It can function of sending of mail ( mail box have), but also the acceptance of mail ( letter box , mailbox and period mailbox ), sometimes combined. Furthermore, letters can be posted at the letter station and at a post buoy .
Manual dictionary of the postal system , published by the Federal Ministry for the postal and telecommunications system
- 2nd completely revised edition, Frankfurt am Main, 1953
- 3rd completely revised edition, 1st volume A – F, Berlin, 1971
- NN: A wonderful facility - 185 years of mailboxes in Germany . In: Mint never hinged - Das Philatelie-Journal. September / October 2009, p. 30f.
- Manfred Stephan: You can see numerous boxes hanging - a brief cultural history of German mailboxes. Berlin 1989. ISBN 3-344-00163-9 .
- The yellow mailbox postal magazine
- Dead mailbox , message hiding place
- Post Box (Sinclair Street)
- White mailbox