Bryan Grieg Fry
Bryan Grieg Fry (* 1970 , USA ) is an American-Australian biologist and is known for his work on zootoxins (animal poisons), poisonous animals and their evolution and ways of using animal poisons medicinally.
Bryan Fry was born in the United States in 1970. He studied at Portland State University , Oregon , and received a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. hon.) In Molecular Biology and a Bachelor of Arts (BA hon.) Philosophy of Science and BA in Psychology as a minor (1990-1995). He then went to Australia , where he researched the toxins of inland taipan ( Oxyuranus microlepidotus ) at the University of Queensland from 1997 to 2000 and received his PhD in 2002 (Institute for Molecular Biosciences, Center for Drug Design and Development). In 2000 he worked as a research associate at the Australian Venom Research Unit (AVRU) ( University of Melbourne ). Finally, Fry was a postdoc - scholarship at the National University of Singapore (2001-2002). Here he worked with Asian poisonous snakes and in the field of the evolution of animal poisons (zootoxins). From 2003 to 2006, Fry was Deputy Director of AVRU. On a research grant from the Australian Research Council (ARC), Fry worked from 2007 to 2011 at the Biochemical-Molecular Biology Department at the University of Melbourne. Bryan Fry has been Associate Professor at the University of Queensland's School of Biological Science at Brisbane since 2011 , where he is also Head of the Venom Evolution Laboratory.
- Fry et al .: Novel natriuretic peptides from the venom of the inland taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus): isolation, chemical and biological characterization , Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 327: 1011-1015 (2005). 
- Fry: Venomous reptiles and their toxins - Evolution, Pathophysiology and Biodiscovery , Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Fry et al .: Toxicon - The structural and functional diversification of the Toxicofera reptile venom system ( PDF )
- Fry et al .: A central role for venom in predation by Varanus komodoensis (Komodo Dragon) and the extinct giant Varanus (Megalania) prisca. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 2009.
- global.oup.com: Venomous reptiles and their toxins, OUP
- science.org.au: Associate Professor Bryan Fry, biochemist and molecular biologist
- Official website: Venomdoc homepage
|SURNAME||Fry, Bryan Grieg|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American-Australian biologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||United States|