Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek (born August 8, 1968 in Osnabrück ) is a German literary scholar and private lecturer for modern German literature at the Free University of Berlin .
Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek studied German , history and philosophy at Bielefeld University from 1990 to 1996 . In 1999 he was at the University of Tuebingen in the DFG - Graduate College Pragmatisierung / Entpragmatisierung doctorate. His dissertation dealt with the aesthetics of epigonality , which deals with the recognition of epigonal writing in the time after Goethe . Meyer-Sickendiek was then a post-doctoral student at the DFG Graduate School Gender Difference and Literature at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and scientific coordinator for the doctoral program in literature there. In 2003 Meyer-Sickendiek received the Bavarian Habilitation Award . In 2008 he completed his habilitation with a thesis on literary sarcasm in German-Jewish modernism at the LMU Munich.
In October 2008 Meyer-Sickendiek went to the Cluster of Excellence "Languages of Emotion" at the Free University of Berlin as a visiting professor , where he dealt with the literary and cultural history of brooding . From 2010 to 2015 he was a Heisenberg Fellow of the DFG . As part of a first project, he devoted himself to experiments in perception in modern and postmodern poetry . A second, comparative project examined the development of theater in the 17th and 18th centuries and appeared in 2016 under the title Tender. Courtly gallantry as the origin of bourgeois sensitivity . From 2017 to 2020 Meyer-Sickendiek is head of a research group at the Volkswagen Foundation and is developing a digital tool for the automatic prosody recognition of (post-) modern online poetry in the field of digital humanities in cooperation with the Lyrikline.org portal .
- The aesthetics of epigonality. Theory and practice of repetitive writing in the 19th century: Immermann, Keller, Stifter, Nietzsche. Dissertation. Francke, Tübingen / Basel 2001, ISBN 3-7720-2759-8
- Affect poetics. A cultural history of literary emotions. Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg 2005, ISBN 3-8260-3065-6
- What is literary sarcasm? A contribution to German-Jewish modernity. Habilitation thesis. Fink, Paderborn 2009, ISBN 978-3-7705-4411-0
- Depth. About the fascination of brooding. Fink, Paderborn, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-7705-4952-8
- Lyric flair. From the secret sensorium of modern poetry. Fink, Paderborn, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-7705-5146-0
- Tenderness. Courtly gallantry as the origin of bourgeois sensitivity. Fink, Paderborn, Munich 2016, ISBN 978-3-7705-5942-8
- Roman Jakobson's poetry analyzes. A challenge to the philologies. Edited together with Hendrik Birus and Sebastian Donat. Wallstein, Göttingen 2003, ISBN 3-89244-637-7 .
- Mood and Method , ed. v. Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek and Friederike Reents, Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck 2013, ISBN 978-3-16-152659-6
- Fluxus and / as literature: On the work of Jürgen Beckers , ed. v. Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek and Anne-Rose Meyer-Eisenhut, Munich: Edition Text and Critique 2014, ISBN 978-3-86916-325-3
- Strong feelings. Cultural-scientific emotional discourses in the 19th and 20th centuries , ed. v. Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek and Julie Bartosch, Vienna: NeueWeltVerlag 2015, ISBN 978-3-9503061-3-2
- The Jewish joke: On the unresolved problem of an old category , ed. v. Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek and Gunnar Och, Fink, Paderborn, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-7705-5892-6
- Styles of popular literature. Attempt at an intermedia differentiation, ed. Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek and Carsten Gansel, Munich: edition text & kritik 2018, ISBN 978-3-86916-673-5 .
Activities as a musician
a) Drummer at Antitoxin
- 1987: The Enemy Is You (EP, TPC Records)
- 1988: The Tower (TPC Records)
b) Singer for Two Ton Wreck
- 1997: Soul Crusher (EP, Mothership Music)
- 1998: Stranded (Mothership Music)
- Literature by and about Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography on the website of the Institute for German and Dutch Philology at FU Berlin
- Website for the VW research group http://www.rhythmicalizer.net/
- Downloads under  Paper on academia.edu
- Meeting "Lyrical Feeling"
- Interview with Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek on the poetics of tenderness
- Interview with Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek in the WDR Sunday questions on the "history of feelings"
- Feature with Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek on the fascination of brooding
- Burkhard Meyer-Sickendiek at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 8, 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Osnabrück|