Charles Louis L'Héritier de Brutelle
Charles Louis L'Héritier de Brutelle was appointed by the king as administrative officer ( procureur du roi ) of the forestry authority ( maîtrise des eaux et forêts ). He later worked as a consultant at the cour des aides . As an amateur botanist, he joined the Académie royale des sciences as a botanist ( associé botaniste ) in 1790 . When this was closed by the National Convention in 1795 and placed under the auspices of the newly founded Institut de France , the latter accepted him as a member of the Section for Botany and Biophysics ( section de botanique et physique végétale ).
The amateur botanist published the two-volume work Stirpes novae aut minus cognitae, quas descriptionibus et iconibus illustravit Carolus Ludovicus L'Héritier in Paris between 1784 and 1785 . His attention was mainly the pantograph plants (Geraniaceae), which he published in the year 1792, Geranologia abhandelte titled work. He is particularly responsible for the distinction between the genera cranesbill ( Geranium L. ), pelargonium ( Pelargonium ) and heron beak ( Erodium L'Hér. ).
- Stirpes novae aut minus cognitae, quas descriptionibus et iconibus illustravit… Paris (1785–1805).
- Sertum anglicum . (1789-1792).
- Geraniologia, seu Erodii, Pelargonii, Geranii, Monsoniæ et Grieli… Paris 1792 ( University of Strasbourg - pure table work).
- Robert F. Erickson: Charles Louis L Héritier de Brutelle 1746-1800 . ( illustratedgarden.org ).
- Robert Zander : Concise dictionary of plant names . Ed .: Fritz Encke, Günther Buchheim, Siegmund Seybold. 13th edition. Ulmer Verlag, Stuttgart 1984, ISBN 3-8001-5042-5 .
- List of members since 1666: Letter L. Académie des sciences, accessed on January 13, 2020 (French).
- Lotte Burkhardt: Directory of eponymous plant names . Extended Edition. Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin, Free University Berlin Berlin 2018. 
- Author entry and list of the described plant names for Charles Louis L'Héritier de Brutelle at the IPNI
|SURNAME||L'Héritier de Brutelle, Charles Louis|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French botanist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 15, 1746|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paris|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 16, 1800|
|Place of death||Paris|