From 1962, Krampe studied law at the Free University of Berlin and the University of Freiburg . After his first state examination in law in 1966, he received his doctorate under the supervision of Joseph Georg Wolf in 1969 with a legal history thesis on Dr. iur. utr. In 1972 he passed his second state examination. He then worked as a research assistant to Karl-Heinz Schindler at his chair at the University of Mannheim . There habilitated Krampe to 1978. He then worked as Scientific Council and professor, from 1981 as a full professor at the University of Bochum operates. In 1996 he moved to the University of Mannheim, but returned to the University of Bochum in 2000 to take the chair for civil law, ancient legal history and Roman law . During his second time in Bochum he was strongly committed to the German-French exchange and was among other things visiting professor at the University of Panthéon-Assas . In 2011 he retired.
Krampe's research focuses primarily on Roman law, the history of private law and general civil law, in particular contract law.
- Proculi Epistulae: An early classical legal script . CF Müller, Karlsruhe 1970 (dissertation).
- The conversion of the legal transaction . Klostermann, Frankfurt am Main 1980, ISBN 978-3-465-01398-3 (also habilitation thesis, part 1).
- The lessor's guarantee liability for material defects . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1980, ISBN 978-3-428-04642-3 (also habilitation thesis part 2).
- The rule of confusion . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1983, ISBN 978-3-428-05424-4 .
- Matthias Armgardt , Fabian Klinck , Ingo Reichard (eds.): Liber amicorum Christoph Krampe on his 70th birthday . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-428-13917-0 .
- Gabor Hamza: Krampe, Chr .: The conversion of the legal transaction. Legal treatises. Volume XVI. Vittorio Klostermann. Frankfurt am Main, 1980. X + 322 p. Állam- és Jogtudomány 24 (1981) pp. 517-519.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar, legal historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 18, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|