Club Cola is the name of cola - soft drink , in particular, in the GDR was popular. After a short break after the fall of the Berlin Wall , the drink has been produced again with a different recipe since 1992.
At the request of the SED and other state organizations, from the Leipzig spring fair in 1966, an own cola drink similar to the Western models was to be developed. On April 19, 1967, the first Club Cola was bottled in the Berlin beverage combine. At the Leipzig spring fair in 1972, the drink was awarded gold for the first time in the soft drinks category and later received other prizes, which were printed as eight gold-colored brands on the black label of the bottle.
After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Club Cola was pushed out of the market and production was temporarily stopped completely. In 1992, Spreequell Mineralbrunnen took over the Club-Cola brand and brought the drink back onto the market. The trademark rights are now owned by Mineralbrunnen Rhön-Sprudel , Spreequell's parent company. Club-Cola was bottled by the parent company in Spreequell Mineralbrunnen GmbH in Berlin and Mineralquellen Bad Liebenwerda GmbH in Bad Liebenwerda .
Bottling in Berlin was stopped on March 31, 2003 and since then has only been bottled in the southern Brandenburg town of Bad Liebenwerda . The “former Berliner” has not been a real Berliner since the closure of the mineral fountain on Indira-Gandhi-Strasse in Berlin-Weißensee . As a result of this “move”, the mineralization of Club Cola has changed. While the Berlin spring is rich in minerals (total dissolved minerals: 1072 mg / L), the mineralization of the spring in Bad Liebenwerda is rather low (86 mg / L).
Prices in the GDR
The sales price was fixed as follows on the package sizes and was never changed:
- Club Cola image and multimedia database. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on September 19, 2016 ; Retrieved September 19, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- OPINION ON THE CLOSURE OF SPREEQUELL. Press and Information Office of the State of Berlin, accessed on September 15, 2016 .
- Spreequell story. In: www.spreequell.de. Retrieved September 15, 2016 .
- Analysis values for mineral and Table water ordinance. Retrieved on September 15, 2016 (No. 30 in the table. Information from Spreequell GmbH from July 22, 1990).
- The mineral water of the Bad Liebenwerda mineral springs. (No longer available online.) May 25, 2015, archived from the original on September 16, 2016 ; accessed on September 15, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.