Drenckhahn studied medicine in Heidelberg and Kiel. His graduation in 1971 and his doctorate in neurohistology on the olfactory system of birds was followed by a position at the University Hospital in Kiel and at the Navy. From 1974 he was employed at the Anatomical Institute in Kiel. He completed his habilitation in 1981 and moved to Marburg, where he also received a professorship. In 1990 he followed a call to the chair for anatomy in Würzburg. He held this position until 2012 under the name Anatomy and Cell Biology II. In his research Drenckhahn deals with the functions of components of the cytoskeleton, e.g. B. in the context of the cardiovascular system on the vascular endothelium.
- Literature by and about Detlev Drenckhahn in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of Detlev Drenckhahn at the Institute for Anatomy of the University of Würzburg
- Member of Detlev Drenckhahn at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina , accessed on July 4, 2016.
- WWF welcomes Drenckhahn as the new Chairman of the Board of Trustees. WWF Germany, accessed June 30, 2016 .
- baton at WWF. WWF Germany, June 24, 2016, accessed June 30, 2016 .
|SURNAME||Pressure cock, Detlev|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German anatomist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 26, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Goehren , Ruegen|