Dieter Pohl (historian)
From 1984 to 1990 Pohl studied history and political science at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich . After graduating with a Master of Arts in 1990, he was in 1994 at Hans Günter Hockerts with a thesis on Nazi persecution of Jews in Eastern Galicia 1941-1944 to Dr. phil. PhD . From 1995 to August 2010 he was a research assistant at the Munich Institute for Contemporary History (IfZ), most recently as head of department. As part of the research project Wehrmacht in the National Socialist Dictatorship at the institute there, his habilitation thesis, which was accompanied by Horst Möller , was created. Military administration and population in the occupied territories of the Soviet Union 1941–1944 In addition to his work at the IfZ, he was a private lecturer at the Department of History at the University of Munich.
Since September 2010, Pohl has been teaching as a professor of contemporary history with a special focus on Eastern and Southeastern Europe at the University of Klagenfurt . His main research interests include a. the history of the Soviet Union, the National Socialist occupation and violent crimes, the Second World War in Europe and Asia, research on the consequences of war, the history of communist systems after 1945, mass violence in the 20th century and the contemporary history of Poland and Ukraine.
Pohl is a member of the office of the International Committee for the History of the Second World War and co-editor of the periodicals Holokost i Sucasnist (Kiev). He has also been a member since 2010 and spokesman since 2011 of the International Scientific Advisory Board of the Vienna Wiesenthal Institute for Holocaust Studies (VWI) .
- as editor with Tanja Sebta: Forced Labor in Hitler's Europe. Occupation, work, consequences. Metropol, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-86331-129-2 .
- with Christian Hartmann , Johannes Hürter , Peter Lieb : The German War in the East 1941–1944. Facets of a border crossing (= sources and representations on contemporary history. Vol. 76). Oldenbourg, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-486-59138-5 .
- The rule of the Wehrmacht. German military occupation and local population in the Soviet Union 1941–1944 (= sources and representations on contemporary history. Vol. 71). Oldenbourg, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-486-58065-5 (At the same time: Munich, University, habilitation paper, 2007; paperback edition (= Fischer 18858 The time of National Socialism ). Fischer-Taschenbuch-Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2011, ISBN 978-3-596-18858-1 ).
- with Frank Bajohr : The Holocaust as an open secret. The Germans, the Nazi leadership and the Allies. Beck, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-406-54978-0 (Paperback edition as: Mass murder and a bad conscience. The German population, the Nazi leadership and the Holocaust (= Fischer 17706 The time of National Socialism ). Fischer-Taschenbuch-Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2008, ISBN 978-3-596-17706-6 ).
- Persecution and mass murder in the Nazi era 1933–1945. Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft, Darmstadt 2003, ISBN 978-3-534-15158-5 (3rd, bibliographically updated edition, ibid 2011, ISBN 978-3-534-24026-5 ).
- Justice in Brandenburg 1945–1955. Synchronization and adaptation (= sources and representations on contemporary history. Vol. 50). Oldenbourg, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-486-56532-X .
- Holocaust. The causes, the events, the consequences (= Herder spectrum. 4835). Herder, Freiburg (Breisgau) et al. 2000, ISBN 3-451-04835-3 (In Dutch: Holocaust. Massale moord op de Europese joden . Verbum, Laren NH 2005, ISBN 90-808858-1-9 ).
- National Socialist persecution of Jews in Eastern Galicia 1941–1944. Organization and implementation of a state mass crime (= studies on contemporary history. Vol. 50). Oldenbourg, Munich et al. 1996, ISBN 3-486-56233-9 (also: Munich, University, dissertation, 1994).
- From "Jewish policy" to the murder of Jews. The Lublin District of the General Government 1939–1944 (= Munich Studies on Modern and Recent History. Vol. 3). Lang, Frankfurt am Main et al. 1993, ISBN 3-631-45716-2 .
- Hans Krueger and the Murder of the Jews in the Stanislawow Region (Galicia). In: Yad Vashem Studies. Vol. 26, 1998, online (PDF; 126.8 kB) ). , pp. 239-264, (
- Foreword , in: Wassilij Grossman : Die Hölle von Treblinka , Vienna 2020 (= VWI study series Volume 5), ISBN 978-3-7003-2177-4 , pp. 5–19.
- Literature by and about Dieter Pohl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Pohl at the University of Klagenfurt (curriculum vitae and list of publications)
- Dieter Pohl on Academia.edu
- Review The Holocaust as an Open Secret (Deutschlandradio Kultur)
- Dieter Pohl: Foreword . In: Ders .: National Socialist Persecution of Jews in East Galicia 1941–1944 . Munich 1996, p. 7.
- Dieter Pohl: Foreword . In: Ders .: The rule of the Wehrmacht. German military occupation and local population in the Soviet Union 1941–1944 . Oldenbourg, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-486-58065-5 , p. XI.
- Wehrmacht under the National Socialist dictatorship. Institute for Contemporary History , accessed on March 27, 2020 .
- Review in sehepunkte.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 22, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||augsburg|