Duncan Jones (Director)
Duncan Jones is David Bowie's child with Angela Barnett. After their divorce in the early 1980s, Bowie received sole custody. Duncan grew up as a child in Berlin, London and Vevey in Switzerland, where he attended the Commonwealth American School . At the age of 14 he went to the Scottish boarding school Gordonstoun . In 1995 he received a bachelor's degree in philosophy from the College of Wooster . He broke off his doctorate at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee and studied directing at the London Film School .
His first feature film, Moon , was released in German cinemas on July 15, 2010. Jones received the BAFTA Award for Best Newcomer and several other awards for his directorial debut . Source Code , his second film, was released in German cinemas on June 2, 2011. Both films received good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes .
Jones is the director of Warcraft: The Beginning , the feature film for the Warcraft series of computer games . The shooting took place in early 2014. After two years of post - production , the film opened in cinemas in May 2016.
On November 4, 2015, it was announced that his next film project would be a science fiction film called Mute . According to Jones, he worked towards the realization of the film for 12 years. The plot of the film takes place in Berlin , 40 years in the future and is about a silent bartender . Alexander Skarsgård and Paul Rudd were hired for the leading roles . Jones wrote the screenplay for the film with his co-writer Mike Johnson. Filming began in Berlin at the end of September 2016 and ended in mid-December.
Duncan Jones married photographer Rodene Ronquillo on November 6, 2012, two days after she was diagnosed with cancer.
- 2002: Whistle (short film)
- 2009: Carling C2 - Robots (commercial)
- 2009: Moon
- 2011: Source Code
- 2016: Warcraft: The Beginning (Warcraft)
- 2018: Mute
- Duncan Jones in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Duncan Jones in the Internet Speculative Fiction Database (English)
- BAFTA: Film Awards Winners in 2010 In: bafta.org. Retrieved December 11, 2015. (English)
- Sitges Film Festival Awards Winners In: sitgesfilmfestival.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015. (English)
- Rotten Tomatoes: Review Source Code In: rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015. (English)
- Rotten Tomatoes: Review Moon In: rottentomatoes.com. Retrieved December 11, 2015. (English)
- 'Warcraft' Movie Lands 'Source Code' Director. The Hollywood Reporter , January 30, 2013, accessed July 16, 2014 .
- Jack Giroux: Director Duncan Jones Starts Shooting 'Mute' Next Week. In: / film. September 21, 2016, accessed September 26, 2016 .
- Bowie's son marries girlfriend immediately after being diagnosed with cancer. In: VIP.de. RTL interactive , January 7, 2013, accessed on September 26, 2016 (English).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Jones, Duncan Zowie Haywood (full name); Bowie, Zowie; Bowie, Joey|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 30, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Beckenham , London|