Live and act
His father Pierre Matelo Ferret and his uncle Baro Ferret were friends with Django Reinhardt and played with him. Initially interested in the piano, Elios turned to the guitar through flamenco and the playing of Jimi Hendrix . Elios studied harmony and composition with Pierre Lantier. He made his first record at the age of 14 for Disques Barclay .
Since 1978, Boulou has been playing regularly with his older brother, the guitarist Boulou Ferré, in a duo , which is based on the style of Django Reinhardt, and in larger formations from trio to quintet, and has produced corresponding CDs. He has also appeared with Larry Coryell , Daniel Humair and Raymond Le Sénéchal .
In 2006 he and his brother received the French Django d'Or .
- Boulou & Elios Ferré Pour Django ( SteepleChase , 1979)
- Boulou Ferré & Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen & Elios Ferré Trinity (SteepleChase, 1986)
- Boulou & Elios Ferré Featuring Alain Jean-Marie & Gilles Naturel The Rainbow of Life (BeeJazz 2003)
- Boulou & Elios Ferré Live in Montpellier (and Paris) DVD (ed. 2006) with Lee Konitz
- Boulou Ferré, Elios Ferré, Christophe Astolfi : La bande des trois (2015)
- Michael Dregni Gypsy Jazz: In Search of Django Reinhardt and the Soul of Gypsy Swing Oxford: Oxford University Press 2008
- Homepage of the Ferré brothers
- Article in Djangostation
- Elios Ferré at Allmusic (English)
- Elios Ferré at Discogs (English)
- Alexander Schmitz: The guitar in jazz. Supplementary considerations on JE Berendt's article. In: Guitar & Laute 5, 1983, Issue 1, pp. 82-84; here: p. 83.
- Konitz is only involved in two titles
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French jazz guitarist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18th December 1956|