|description||Journal of Minority Issues|
|publishing company||Facultas Verlags- und Buchhandels AG|
|Frequency of publication||twice a year|
|editor||Michael Geistlinger, Peter Hilpold, Georg Kremnitz|
|Web link||Europa Ethnica|
Europa Ethnica is a European specialist journal for minority issues , founded in Vienna in 1961 . It appears twice a year as a double issue with articles in German, English and French. The publisher was Wilhelm Braumüller Universitäts-Verlagbuchhandlung until the end of 2010 , and since then Facultas Verlags- und Buchhandels AG .
The foundation of the magazine goes back to the Federal Union of European Ethnic Groups (FUEN). Until 1986 it was published with the subtitle Quarterly for Nationality Issues with official communications from the Federal Union of European Nationalities . The minority newspaper Nation und Staat , published from 1927 to 1944, is regarded as the predecessor, the year of which ended with the 17th year and was continued by the Europa Ethnica 1961 with the 18th year. The former co-editor Christoph Pan was President of FUEN from 1994 to 1996.
The interdisciplinary journal offers current and fundamental articles on the legal, political and linguistic situation of European minorities , reports on current events and specialist conferences as well as reviews.
Scientific advisory board of the journal
- Dieter Kattenbusch , Humboldt University, Berlin
- Guiu Sobiela-Caanitz , Ardez
- Hannes Tretter , Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Human Rights , Vienna
- Harald Runblom , Centrum för multietnisk forskning, Uppsala
- Joseph Marko , University of Graz
- Rainer Hofmann , University of Kiel
- Christoph Gusy , Bielefeld University
- Lauri Hannikainen , University of Helsinki, University of Turku
- Walter v. Goldendach, Hans-Rüdiger Minow: From war to war - German foreign policy and the ethnic division of Europe. Berlin 1996.
- Europa Ethnica website
- Title information from Facultas Verlag
- List of articles published by topic since 1989 (PDF file; 518 kB)
- Verlagschronik Braumüller-Verlag, p. 8. (PDF; 4.2 MB)
- Habbo Knoch: The heritage of the province: Heimatkultur and historical politics after 1945. Wallstein Verlag, 2001, p. 94 f.