Frank Patalong (born March 16, 1963 in Walsum , Niederrhein) is a German journalist.
Patalong studied journalism in Münster and Bochum. From 1989 he wrote articles and radio reports as a freelance journalist for the Rheinische Post, NRZ, epd, Radio KW. From January 1995, he did an internship at the Rommerskirchen specialist media publisher, where he subsequently became editor and editor-in-chief. In May 1995 he brought the journalist, the first specialist magazine in the German language, to the web. At the end of 1996, he led the relaunch of InSight magazine to become an online specialist magazine for journalists.
In 1999 Patalong switched to SPIEGEL ONLINE, where he took over the management of the Netzwelt department. He was responsible for aligning the technology department primarily with network culture and network policy issues. Since spring 2011 he has been working as a cross-departmental author for SPIEGEL ONLINE, primarily in the areas of social politics, science, culture and the world of the Internet. From 2012 to 2018, SPIEGEL ONLINE published his paleontology blog “Bone Splinters”. He has been working as an editor for SPIEGEL HISTORY since September 2019.
He is married and has two grown children.
- As a translator: WEBonomy: the 9 basic rules for economic success on the World Wide Web. by Evan I. Schwartz. From the American. by Frank Patalong, Hoffmann and Campe, 1997.
- Crash course for children and the Internet. Klett, Stuttgart 2005, ISBN 978-3-12-920255-5 .
- Crash course - child and e-communication. Klett, Stuttgart 2005, ISBN 978-3-12-920262-3 .
- Apple Inc: iPad and Kindle - content is king and its carrier is an emperor. in: Brockhaus Enzyklopädie Jahrbuch 2010, ISBN 978-3-577-12750-9 .
- The nicest thing about wine is the Pilsken afterwards: The wonderful world of the Ruhr area. Lübbe, Cologne 2011, with Konrad Lischka. ISBN 978-3-7857-2439-2 .
- The Victorian vibrator: foolish to deadly inventions from the age of technology. Lübbe, Cologne 2012, ISBN 978-3-4046-0722-8 .
- The first of their kind - the Victorian dinosaurs at Crystal Palace, London. BOD, Norderstedt 2015, ISBN 978-3-7347-9900-6 .
- Literature by and about Frank Patalong in the catalog of the German National Library
- Frank Patalong's private website by Frank Patalong
- Article by Frank Patalong in the specialist media magazine InSight (archive until 1998)
- Article by Frank Patalong in the SPIEGEL ONLINE archive
- Patalong in the imprint at SPIEGEL ONLINE
- Frank Patalong at Lübbe
- ↑ Imprint, Frank Patalong ( Memento from September 30, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) spiegel.de, accessed on October 3, 2012.
- ↑ Frank Patalong kressköpfe - detail: kress.de. Retrieved August 5, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 16, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Walsum|