In Rhineland-Palatinate , for example, state recognition with the species name tourism community required:
- Various tourist facilities suitable for the guests, such as hiking trails, sports, games and leisure facilities and
- an accommodation capacity which is considerable in relation to the number of inhabitants or a significant importance of tourism as a whole resulting from the existing accommodation capacity and supra-local excursion traffic.
- The municipality should convey an overall impression that is attractive to tourists.
The rating tourist community in Rhineland-Palatinate no longer applies on January 1, 2016, and the health resort law has been changed accordingly. State-recognized tourism communities can continue to use this designation until the end of 2020.
- according to § 9 of the then health resort law for Rhineland-Palatinate
- Health resort law for Rhineland-Palatinate from 2016
- Edith Christmann: Kurortegesetz , Rhineland-Palatinate Tourism Network , January 19, 2016.