Geoffrey William Hugo lamp
Lampe graduated from Exeter College , Oxford , with a degree in literae humaniores in 1935 and in theology in 1936 . From 1960 to 1970 he was Ely Professor of Divinity , from 1971 to 1979 Regius Professor of Divinity at Cambridge University . He was also a member of the General Synod of the Church of England . Lampe is particularly known as the editor of the originally theologically oriented Patristic Greek Lexicon . In 1963 he was elected a member ( Fellow ) of the British Academy .
- The Seal of the Spirit. A study in the Doctrine of Baptism and Confirmation in the New Testament and the Fathers . Longmans, Green & Co 1951.
- The Resurrection. A Dialogue Between Two Cambridge Professors In A Secular Age . Mowbray 1966.
- A Patristic Greek Lexicon . Oxford: Oxford University Press 1969. ISBN 0-198-64213-X
- The Phenomenon Of Christian Belief . Mowbray 1970.
- The Cambridge History of the Bible: West from the Fathers to the Reformation , Vol. 2. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press 1975.
- God as Spirit . Oxford: Clarendon Press 1977 (The Bampton Lectures 1976).
- CFD Moule: Geoffrey William Hugo Lampe, 1912–1980 . In: Proceedings of the British Academy . tape 67 , 1982, pp. 399-409 ( thebritishacademy.ac.uk [PDF]).
|Dennis Eric Nineham||
Regius Professor of Divinity
|SURNAME||Lamp, Geoffrey William Hugo|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 13, 1912|
|DATE OF DEATH||5th August 1980|