George P. Bush
Bush is the eldest child of the politician Jeb Bush and his Mexican wife Columba Bush (née Garnica Gallo). He attended Rice University . He later studied at the Law School of the University of Texas , where he received a Juris Doctorate and then worked for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP . Bush is a co-founder of Pennybacker Capital LLC and St. Augustine Partners LLC .
Bush was elected Texas Land Commissioner on November 4, 2014 , asserting himself against the Democrat and former Mayor of El Paso , John Cook . He took office on January 2, 2015. The Texas Land Commissioner is the oldest electoral post in Texas and is responsible, among other things, for managing state-owned land and overseeing the state's oil and gas revenues. Bush ran for re-election in 2018 but was controversial because of his response to Hurricane Harvey and his membership of the Bush family. In the intra-party primary election , he prevailed with 58 percent of the votes in the first ballot and won the main election in November against the Democrat Miguel Suazo with 53% of the votes.
Bush is married to Amanda Williams and has two sons.
- Short biography on georgepfortexas.org
- Jeb Bush welcomes fourth grandchild , April 13, 2015, CNN
- Florida Governor Jeb Bush. National Governors Association , accessed April 16, 2015 .
- George P. wins Texas election, accomplishes Bush family first. In: CBS News , Nov. 4, 2014.
- George Bush wins election in Texas. In: Handelsblatt.com , May 11, 2014.
- Tom Dart: George P Bush's struggle in Texas may signal end of 70-year political dynasty. In: The Guardian , March 3, 2018.
- Jasmine C. Lee, Sarah Almukhtar, Matthew Bloch: Texas Primary Election Results. In: The New York Times , March 6, 2018.
|SURNAME||Bush, George P.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bush, George Prescott (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American Entrepreneur and Politician (Republican Party)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 24, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Houston , Texas|