He attended the boys' seminar in Sachsenbrunn in Kirchberg am Wechsel , studied at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna, and journalism and theater studies at the University of Vienna .
Since 1992 he has been editor of the Austrian daily newspaper Kurier . Reischl is the author of several books. From October 2002 to 2009 he was seen as a technology expert on ORF , first in the program Willkommen Österreich (Internet Insider), then Gut Beraten Österreich (high-tech corner), as well as in concrete .
From October 1, 2010 Reischl was editor-in-chief of Futurezone . Up to this date this medium was the IT news website of the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation. After it was abolished by ORF law, the daily newspaper Kurier is continuing the site with an almost completely new editorial team.
In January 2016 Reischl became managing director of ORF Mediaservice GmbH and head of the ORF start-up campus. In December 2016 it became known that the startup cluster Futurelab261 was to be discontinued and Reischl would leave the ORF. In November 2018 he was promoted to Director Communications & Public Relations at AT&S.
- The little cellphone. The ultimate manual for every cell phone user. 1998, ISBN 3-8000-3732-7 .
- In the sights of the data hunter. 1998, ISBN 3-8000-3695-9 .
- The biggest unlucky fellow of the century. 1999, ISBN 3-8000-3756-4 .
- The fourth W. 2000, ISBN 3-85436-324-9 .
- Dangerous networks. 2001, ISBN 3-8000-3810-2 .
- The last cellphone. The best mobile phone anecdotes and mobile punchlines. 2002, ISBN 3-8323-0929-2 .
- Under control. 2002, ISBN 3-8323-0885-7 .
- The lucky trap. 2002, ISBN 3-8000-3846-3 .
- 75 years of Coca-Cola in Austria. 2004, ISBN 3-901761-36-5 .
- The internet insider. 2003, ISBN 3-7093-0462-8 .
- The 1000 Euro company: starting your own Internet company with little money. 2006, ISBN 3-7093-0125-4 .
- The Google trap. 2008, ISBN 978-3-8000-7323-8 .
- Success factor sense: The discovery of satisfaction. 2009, ISBN 978-3-8000-7444-0 .
- Internet of Crimes: Why we should all be afraid of hackers , Redline, Munich 2020, ISBN 978-3-86881-778-2 .
- Gerald Reischl from January 1, 2016 on ORF . APA notification from December 17, 2015, accessed on January 20, 2016.
- derStandard.at: Futurelab boss Gerald Reischl leaves ORF after a year . Article dated December 27, 2016, accessed December 27, 2016.
- AT&S hires Gerald Reischl as Director Communications & Public Relations. November 5, 2019, accessed on November 5, 2019 (German).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian journalist and non-fiction author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neunkirchen|