Gerd Harald Herold (* 1945 in Oberlungwitz ) is a German internist and occupational physician . Herold is known for his script- like textbook Internal Medicine - A lecture- oriented presentation (among medical professionals : "The Herold"), which has been reprinted annually since 1981 ( self-published , initially without ISBN ) and has been translated into 15 languages (as of 2018) .
Herold received his license to practice medicine in 1974 and his doctorate with the work causes of opacities on chest radiograph with particular emphasis on systemic diseases as a doctor of medicine.
After working as a ward doctor in internal medicine in Cologne and on the bone marrow transplant ward at the University Clinic in Leiden , he worked at the Medical University Clinic Cologne- Lindenthal in 1976.
In 1977 Herold became senior physician at the St. Agatha Hospital in Cologne -Niehl. He acquired in 1979 the area name Internal Medicine . Between 1981 and 2003 Herold worked as the head of the health service at Ford -Werke AG in Cologne. He has been working as a freelance health consultant since 2003. Herold has had the field of occupational medicine since 1983 and the additional title of environmental medicine since 1996 .
Employees of his book project Internal Medicine , based on the Cologne lectures Medical Clinic and Polyclinic , included Heinz Becker, Volker Braun, Ulrich Deuss, Ingolf von Graefe, Jochen Kindler, Gisela Maerker-Alzer, Peter Seng and Gynter Mödder . Volker Diehl and Rudolf Gross also supported him in Cologne . In the fourth edition of Rudolf Gross, Paul Schölmerich and Wolfgang Gerok published "1000 memoranda of internal medicine" he was involved in correcting.
- Internal Medicine. Gerd Herold, Cologne 2019. ISBN 978-3-9814660-8-9 .
- Internet presence of Gerd Herold
- Literature by and about Gerd Herold in the catalog of the German National Library
- The author states 1983 as the first year of publication. The 30th anniversary was given for 2012. Before that, however, there was at least one revised and expanded "new edition" published in 1981/82.
- Gerd Herold and colleagues: Internal medicine. A lecture-oriented presentation. 6th edition. Self-published, Cologne 1989.
- Rudolf Gross, Paul Schölmerich, Wolfgang Gerok (Ed.): 1000 memoranda of internal medicine. Schattauer, Stuttgart / New York 1971; 4th, completely revised edition there in 1989 (= UTB for science / university paperbacks. Volume 522), ISBN 3-7945-1282-0 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Herold, Gerd Harald (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German internist and occupational physician, specialist book author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Oberlungwitz , Saxony|