life and work
Greg Lynn studied architecture and philosophy at Miami University , and Princeton University . He became known for the idea of creating irregular, biomorphic ( organic architecture ), architectural forms with the help of CAD systems . He first summarized these ideas in 1993 in his publication Folding in Architecture .
In 1994, Lynn founded his architecture studio Greg Lynn Form in Venice , California.
From 1992 to 1999, Lynn taught at the Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation , researching the uses and uses of emerging digital technologies for building design.
From 1999 to 2002, Lynn taught as a professor in the Faculty of Architecture at ETH Zurich .
Lynn currently teaches as a professor of architecture at the University of Applied Arts in Vienna, at the UCLA School of the Arts and Architecture in Los Angeles and as a visiting professor at the Yale School of Architecture .
- 1993 Greg Lynn: Folding in Architecture
- 1998 Greg Lynn: Fold, Bodies and Blobs: Collected Essays
- 1999 Greg Lynn: Animate Form
- 2001 Greg Lynn: Expo On-Line: Less Aesthetics, More Ethics with CDROM: Biennale De Venezia - 7th International Architecture Exhibition
- 2003 Greg Lynn, Hani Rashid and Max Hollein : Architectural Laboratories
- 2003 Greg Lynn: Intricacy
- 2005 Greg Lynn: Form: Predator
- 2006 Greg Lynn, Sarah Whiting , Stan Allen , and Guido Zuliani : Tracing Eisenman: Complete Works
- 2008 Greg Lynn and Mark Rappolt : Greg Lynn Form
- 2010 Greg Lynn: Other Space Odysseys
- Yale Office of Public Affairs & Communications. Renowned Architects to Hold Endowed Chairs at Yale ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Greg Lynn, Folding in Architecture: Architectural Design Profile No. 102 (London: Academy Group Ltd., 1993).
- Official website of the architecture studio Greg Lynn Form
- Faculty page of the University of Applied Arts ( Memento of the original from June 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Los Angeles Times: UCLA professor a winner at Venice Architecture Biennale
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American architect and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||North Olmsted|