As the commercial register is called a public directory as part of the registration rights Record of registered merchants leads in a specific geographic area. The commercial register is intended to fulfill a publication, evidence, control and protective function.
Typically, the commercial register contains, among other things, information about the company , registered office , branch and branch offices, the object of the company, authorized representatives, the legal form of the company as well as the share capital and the name of the business owner .
Commercial registers are operated either by courts (for example the local courts as registration courts in Germany and the regional courts in Austria) or by separate offices (such as the commercial register office in Switzerland or the Companies House in the United Kingdom). Examples of national commercial registers are:
- Commercial Register (Germany)
- Commercial Register (Liechtenstein)
- Commercial register (Austria)
- Commercial Register (Switzerland)
- Registre du commerce et des sociétés , French commercial and companies register
- in the Netherlands, as well as in Italy and a number of other countries, the commercial register is kept at the chambers of commerce .
As part of the European Business Register , attempts are being made to install a Europe-wide interface for the national European commercial registers.
- Eckhart Gustavus, Walter Böhringer, Robin Melchior: Registrations in the commercial register. Guide with overviews and jurisprudence guidelines on register law , 7th revised edition, Cologne 2009, ISBN 978-3-504-45517-0 .
- Alexander Krafka: Introduction to Register Law , 2nd revised edition, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-406-57607-2 .
- Eckhart Gustavus: Commercial and Register Law , 4th completely revised edition, (Rechtspfleger study books, Vol. 2), Bielefeld 2001, ISBN 3-7694-0598-6 .
- Martin Schmidt-Kessel, Gerd Leutner, Peter-Hendrik Müther: Commercial register law. Sections 8-16 HGB, 378-401 FamFG, Commercial Register Ordinance with brief descriptions of foreign company and register law. Commentary , (Beck's short comments, Vol. 61), Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-406-56205-1 .
- http: //www.niederländisches-recht.de/blog/item/27-niederlaendisches-handelsregister-kvk ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.